2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 Mustang Will Not Have a CD Player

Search this Thread

Old 1/27/12, 10:38 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Do any of the current systems support for FLAC files?
Old 1/27/12, 02:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Being older i rem going out to buy a album and seeing the artwork,reading the liner notes as half the fun...not to mention the warm depth of the sound....digital age is so boring!

as for the cloud...ill pass! i don't want all my info at some corporate headquarters..call me old school,but why would anyone trust/want there digital info to be controlled by corporate America/gov ect??? it sounds like 1984 is coming fast!!!
Old 1/29/12, 12:15 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Do any of the current systems support for FLAC files?
Thats a good question
Old 1/29/12, 01:45 PM
Cobra R Member

I believe you can convert the FLACs to Apple Lossless files to 'trick' itunes into playing them, or convert.

http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how...to-itunes.html
http://code.google.com/p/flukeformac/

For everyday usage, the average "non audiophile", aka a person not obsessed with high-fidelity sound reproduction... Which shockingly enough, many people are... The lack of a CD wont matter.
Old 1/29/12, 09:50 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 2010MustangGT
I believe you can convert the FLACs to Apple Lossless files to 'trick' itunes into playing them, or convert.

http://www.bigasoft.com/articles/how...to-itunes.html
http://code.google.com/p/flukeformac/

For everyday usage, the average "non audiophile", aka a person not obsessed with high-fidelity sound reproduction... Which shockingly enough, many people are... The lack of a CD wont matter.
I could care less about Apple or iPods
I'm more curious for the USB drives or any other devices that don't use that hunk of **** program.
(you can really tell I hate iTunes)
Old 1/29/12, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I could care less about Apple or iPods
I'm more curious for the USB drives or any other devices that don't use that hunk of **** program.
(you can really tell I hate iTunes)
Why all the hate?
Old 1/30/12, 04:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Why would you need CDs? With an iPhone or iPod hookup you can listen to all your digital stuff or Wunderradio or ShoutCast. Sirius may as well hang it up too. I can listen to streaming radio from every station on the planet, all day long, free. Through a $300 aftermarket Pioneer.
Old 1/30/12, 06:35 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Why all the hate?
Work with the stuff in an enterprise environment?

I HATE using iTunes...
Old 1/30/12, 02:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RVAStangGT05
Why would you need CDs? With an iPhone or iPod hookup you can listen to all your digital stuff or Wunderradio or ShoutCast. Sirius may as well hang it up too. I can listen to streaming radio from every station on the planet, all day long, free. Through a $300 aftermarket Pioneer.
Not everone has great cell phone/data coverage everywhere they drive. We have gaps in coverage around where we live, and we're not all that far from civilization out here. Not everyone has unlimited data on their cell phone as well (I do, my wife doesn't), and listening to a lot of streaming audio can use a fair bit of a data plan.
Old 1/30/12, 04:24 PM
Bullitt Member

This can't be good, no CD's, OMG. LOL
Old 1/31/12, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by RVAStangGT05
And to reiterate, sound quality. CD files are generally significantly better audio quality than the various compressed digital formats typically used on mobile media. Sort of ironic to be spending megabucks on some 72-speaker, ten gigawatt sound system only to feed in some rather mediocre quality files off your cell phone.
Old 1/31/12, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What you guys need to remember is that CD's are still digital audio, they aren't so much different from digital audio files.

While true that back when everyone was all a twitter over MP3 most files were encoded at 128 kbps. Obviously there was some sound quality sacrificed at the expense of getting a smaller file. But this day in age you can go to Microcenter and get a 32Gb flash drive for only $27 and most people are hitting 10Mbit data connections in their homes; 10 megs for a single song is not such a big deal.

Honestly, I listen to 320Kbps MP3 today and can't tell that any quality has been lost from CD at all.
Old 1/31/12, 11:19 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stormbringer
Honestly, I listen to 320Kbps MP3 today and can't tell that any quality has been lost from CD at all.
Depends on what you are listening to, and where the file is losing in its compression.

While for most that's ok and acceptable...to others they CAN hear a difference.
Most music you wouldn't be able to hear all the highs/lows because they don't really play a part in the music... but I guarentee you, listen to the right type of music and you CAN tell a difference.

That's why I ask if it supports FLAC which is loseless compression.
MP3 even at 320kbps is lossful or 'lossy'

http://www.stereophile.com/features/308mp3cd/

Last edited by Boomer; 1/31/12 at 11:25 AM.
Old 2/5/12, 12:52 AM
Cobra R Member

Depends on what you are listening to, and where the file is losing in its compression.

While for most that's ok and acceptable...to others they CAN hear a difference.
Most music you wouldn't be able to hear all the highs/lows because they don't really play a part in the music... but I guarentee you, listen to the right type of music and you CAN tell a difference.

That's why I ask if it supports FLAC which is loseless compression.
MP3 even at 320kbps is lossful or 'lossy'

http://www.stereophile.com/features/308mp3cd/
Sorry, call me old but there is a loss in all digital music, CDs included. I simply cannot listen to digital music of any type for extended periods of time via headphones without ear fatigue. Yet I have an old tube amp and a old two needle record player that is very nearly free of pop and hiss that I can listen to for hours on end.
Old 2/5/12, 12:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2

Sorry, call me old but there is a loss in all digital music, CDs included. I simply cannot listen to digital music of any type for extended periods of time via headphones without ear fatigue. Yet I have an old tube amp and a old two needle record player that is very nearly free of pop and hiss that I can listen to for hours on end.
You're old
Old 2/5/12, 02:49 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
this is the olny ch that been inmy current mustang

my fiesta never seen a cd neither did my SGT or my 09 GT. ipod/sirius and now my phone makes magic happen
Old 2/5/12, 02:49 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
arnt cd's records?
Old 2/5/12, 08:23 AM
I Have No Life

You're old...
and while i agree you can never reproduce a vinyl records sound ...having a turntable in the Mustang is not quite doable

But having the best possible sound from whats currently available, thats what I'd rather have.
Old 2/5/12, 10:41 AM
Cobra R Member

You're old...
and while i agree you can never reproduce a vinyl records sound ...having a turntable in the Mustang is not quite doable

But having the best possible sound from whats currently available, thats what I'd rather have.
Granted no vinyl in Car. I use my iPhone.
Old 2/5/12, 10:55 AM
Banned

Granted no vinyl in Car. I use my iPhone.
I use the hard drive and of course you're going to lose a little quality, but ANYONE complaining about that is VERY VERY ****.

oh and you're old. lol

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 2/5/12 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply: 2015 Mustang Will Not Have a CD Player