2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

2015 mustang haters.

Search this Thread

Old 7/18/14, 12:47 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are model years I don't really care for, and it's fine with me that some people think the 2015 is ugly. I do object when people say "It's not a Mustang." Just because YOU don't like the styling doesn't mean it's not a Mustang. I don't like the color Legend Lime but I wouldn't say that Legend Lime Mustangs are not real Mustangs just because I don't care for them.
Old 7/18/14, 12:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I love the 2015 mustang. I want to keep mine and add the 2015.
Old 7/19/14, 05:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Love it or hate it, when the S550 gets refreshed and all the sheet metal from the cowl forward gets reworked, these early S550 cars will be maligned.

No disrespect meant to early S197 owners, but how bad does an '05-'09 look compared to a '13-'14? The '15s will be in the same spot come mid-cycle refresh. At least people generally really liked the '05-'09s when they came out. The '15 is really controversial, and when Ford unfusionizes it it's going to be hard for the early S550 cars.

So I guess the moral is, if you like the '15, enjoy now, trade later at the refresh point.

Anyway Mustangs always end up being love/hate styling for me, in terms of later cars:

'87-'93: Love (GT only though)
'94-'98: Love
'99-'04: Hate, never liked them when they were new, still don't - WAY too pedestrian/mundane looking IMunpopularO
'05-'09: Was lukewarm when they first came out, now hate
'10-'12: Like a lot
'13-'14: Love
'15: Lukewarm
Future S550 refresh: I bet I'll love it
Old 7/19/14, 07:33 PM
GT Member

Can us 2015 Fusion Gt Coupe "haters" hate this thread too? :P
Old 7/19/14, 08:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by lajntx
Can us 2015 Fusion Gt Coupe "haters" hate this thread too? :P
Why limit your whining to just one (or many) threads?

The 2015 Mustang looks nothing like a Fusion. The people that say such nonsense need better eyeballs. It's fine if you don't care for the design, there will be plenty of people that will...but enough idiotic hyperbole please.
Old 7/19/14, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Oh, I forgot this...

Old 7/19/14, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by White2010
Oh God it looks like a Fusion! No wait, it looks like a European version of a Fusion! No, no it looks like an ugly European Fusion!!!! Really dude? Do you really think that those of us who aren't crazy about the 2015 actually believe that posting objections to how looks on a Mustang Forum is going to result in Ford putting a stop to the car before it hits the dealerships? I freely admit that I like everything about the car except for the fact that Ford felt the need to stick the corporate design language on the front end and it just didn't come off well. I am also well aware that many people like the 2015 and you don't see me begrudging them in the least. If you like the 2015 than by all means you should go on down to the dealership and get yourself one. If we all liked the same thing this world would be pretty boring. For the record I don't "hate" the 2015 nor any Mustang for that matter. I'm a Mustang enthusiast as I suspect are many members of this forum. Hell I even like the much maligned Mustang II. But I also have eyes in my head and my own brain to formulate thoughts with. Thanks to that God given combination I have formulated the thought that I'm not crazy about a Mustang with a Fusion front end on it. You don't see Dodge trying to make the Challenger look like a Charger. You don't see Chevy trying to make the Camaro look like a Malibu. Why does Ford feel the need to make the Mustang look like a Fusion. It's just not a good look and especially on a car as iconic as the Mustang which deserves better than this. That's just where I come out on it. I fully understand that others will disagree and I'm not trying to talk you out of buying the car and I am certainly not dumb enough to think that posting about it on this forum is in any way going to affect whether or not the car is "here to stay". lol
Well said! While I like the car overall, I am disappointed Ford felt the need to use the trapezoid front theme. While it can be attractive on other Fords, it doesn't work as well on the Mustang. I suspect most will find they like the car better once they see it for real. Keep in mind minor styling changes are often made within only 2-3 years! Expect the first refresh to address the controversial grill.
Old 7/19/14, 08:31 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by IndustryLeech

The 2015 Mustang looks nothing like a Fusion. The people that say such nonsense need better eyeballs. It's fine if you don't care for the design, there will be plenty of people that will...but enough idiotic hyperbole please.
Says the one who's eyeballs said "what 10-12 diaper"

Old 7/19/14, 08:34 PM
Bullitt Member

I deserve that.

In a desperate grab at defending myself, I never paid attention to the 2013-2014s because I really dislike the nose on them.

Last edited by IndustryLeech; 7/19/14 at 08:36 PM.
Old 7/19/14, 08:40 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
I don't see Fusion anywhere either.. Just as the designers from team mustang have stated, the design for the front grill was inspired by the 68 Shelby GT500 and not from the Fusion..

As for the 2015 haters are concerned.. How many have actually seen the S550 in person ? Personally, I'll be reserving my judgement until actually seeing the car up close and personal as pictures/videos don't really do much justice to begin with anyhow..
Old 7/19/14, 08:43 PM
Post *****

I deserve that.

In a desperate grab at defending myself, I never paid attention to the 2013-2014s because I really dislike the nose on them.

lolol Just messin with you.
Old 7/19/14, 08:46 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
I don't see Fusion anywhere either.. Just as the designers from team mustang have stated, the design for the front grill was inspired by the 68 Shelby GT500 and not from the Fusion..
Because it doesn't follow the 13/14 "everybody gets a Shelby" front. It does go trapezoid a bit right at the bottom of the upper grill (lines extending to the lower grill) like the Fusion, CMax, Transit, Fiesta, Taurus....

I'm still questioning what's up with the slant forward rear panel?? Makes the rear bumper cover pooch out like rat junk - reminiscent of the rat junk hung lo diaper.

Even worse, the doors went Camaro. Where's the 'C' stripe? Or the hockey stick??

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/19/14 at 08:59 PM.
Old 7/19/14, 08:54 PM
Bullitt Member

I think the GT fangs make the '15 grille look pretty cool, although you know some jagoff is going to paint bloodied fangs on them.
Old 7/19/14, 10:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by puma1552
No disrespect meant to early S197 owners, but how bad does an '05-'09 look compared to a '13-'14?
None taken, for I love my '06's look, and can't really care less what anyone else thinks about it. I wouldn't trade her looks for any of the other cars, and I mean that sincerely.

Your opinion is noted. And completely ignored. How they compare isn't important to me, because any front end beauty of the '10-14 is lost when that huge misshapen buttockal area is taken into account. Heh.

Everyone likes something different. And that's really the point this thread is about, isn't it?

---

Oh, wait. My bad. It's about me and others sayin' the front end is hideous and bein' told to shut up, but we're not. Right. Back on track, sorry.

Old 7/19/14, 10:05 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,965 Likes on 1,590 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Because it doesn't follow the 13/14 "everybody gets a Shelby" front. It does go trapezoid a bit right at the bottom of the upper grill (lines extending to the lower grill) like the Fusion, CMax, Transit, Fiesta, Taurus....

I'm still questioning what's up with the slant forward rear panel?? Makes the rear bumper cover pooch out like rat junk - reminiscent of the rat junk hung lo diaper.

Even worse, the doors went Camaro. Where's the 'C' stripe? Or the hockey stick??

I totally agree as I'm not really fond of the slant forward rear panel either, but I can understand why Ford came up with the idea.. They wanted to create a modern take on the 69-70 Mustang panel design/built in duck tail spoiler, however they could've done a much better job for sure..

I'm also with you concerning the doors going more Camaro along with the quarter panel hips, but on the other hand, the rear quarters are also reminiscent of the 69-70 Mustangs as well..

I also noticed the creases in the roof line are very similar with the current Camaro too, although I will admit the creases do give the greenhouse more of an aggressive look IMO..

Getting back to the front end.. I personally liked the look of the 05-09 GT/V6 and 07-12 GT500 the best and should had kept the front end unchanged through 2014..

I also didn't mind the rear panels on the 2013-14 models, but could not stand the tail lights from 2010-12 and most definitely didn't like the diaper/SUV plastic in the rear bumper on those 10-12 models either..

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 7/20/14 at 12:37 AM.
Old 7/20/14, 01:22 PM

I can understand if you don't mind it looking like a Fusion from the front - or if you think that's a good thing (ie you think the Fusion is smexy) but to deny there is more than just a passing similarity is puzzling. I don't think that the others need better eyeballs. lol
Attached Images  
Old 7/20/14, 01:49 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jseams
I can understand if you don't mind it looking like a Fusion from the front - or if you think that's a good thing (ie you think the Fusion is smexy) but to deny there is more than just a passing similarity is puzzling. I don't think that the others need better eyeballs. lol
It's got a trapezoid grille opening and a lower grille that's similar. Apart from those traits and the headlights and fog lights looking similar, I don't see what the fuss is all about.

All kidding aside, unless you're looking at the two grilles from a dead-on front angle, the profile destroys a lot of the similarities.
Old 7/20/14, 03:31 PM
V6 Member

Has the goal of this thread been accomplished???
Old 7/20/14, 03:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by barebone- 5.0
Haha people get so offended. Thank God everyone doesn't like everything you like! How bad would it be if everyone agreed with you all the time, then everyone would drive the same thing as you and copy your every move. It's nice being in disagreement, and I welcome the haters! There are people that don't like Ford at all. Fine with me, just more people that will drive a lesser vehicle in my eyes.

The criticism of the 2015 is welcomed by me, and still would be even if I had ordered it. I don't care if everyone likes what I drive. Scrutiny drives improvement. Having no criticism would suck because they wouldn't be able to improve in the following years... It could only be less good lol

All that said, I like the 2015 as much as I dislike it! I welcome the performance improvements and the reworking of the interior. I do not like the exterior as much as the previous 4 years. It has traces of mustang and traces of fusion as much as ford wants to deny it. You can thank Europe for that, and that's my complaint. This is an American car, and they are trying to globalize it. I bought the 2014 because they are doing away with this being a primarily American vehicle and caving in to pressures to have the car be more economical and sports car-esque when it's supposed to be a pony car. It's supposed to be what it was for the last fee years and, ford succumbed to GMs pressure to make a sports car to compete with the camaro on the track, which I will admit it to being a better handling car. I welcome the mustang being a better handling car especially coming from a focus st and loving the cars ability in any handling situation, but I don't want the car to lose it's aggressive styling as an in your face mean clenched fist pummeling down the road. In the long run, this will mark a change for the mustang as they are now trying to appease multiple markets with it, and it will never be as tailored for the US market as it was from 2014 back :/

So that said, criticism is good because ford might consider keeping the handling and performance changes while trying to make it look more the like the muscle car it was always intended to be, and less like the mondeo that might make cars sell in EUR
This is exactly the way i feel every time i see the 2015, great post man!
Old 7/20/14, 04:19 PM
Banned

I noticed a huge swath of potential future 2015 owners, are current owners of late 90's to 2010 mustangs! Could it be that there is some butt hurt going on towards 11 to 14's for having that bad *** Coyote 5.0? Maybe having to sit back for 4 years and watch the 5.0's having all the fun had caused some envy And now they are in a $$ position to buy and they are hating on current 5.0 owners especially for the live rear witch will dominate in the 1/4 mile anyway? I dont hate the 2015 actually i may buy one in a few years as im kinda sick of driving a stick and that will be the only option if i want a new mustang in auto trim in a few years! Honestly though the front is so fugly that if the new Camaro is as sweet as i think it will be, i may switch over to Chevy, just because of the euro front end on the the 2015 lol! Id say there will be a lot more like me also!

Quick Reply: 2015 mustang haters.