Old 7/17/14, 02:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
OH dAVID YOUR SOOOOOO MATURE
Old 7/17/14, 02:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Supersnake04
All of you people who seem to constantly complain about the 2015; oh it looks like a fusion, oh it's to European, oh it's ugly, etc, please stop. It's not my absolute favorite either, but it's here to stay whether you like it or not. No matter what you say, what you do, this car is rolling out in a few months. And changed looks aside, it's actually a very nice car. So please act like mature people and stop complaining about it. Thanks for reading.

Oh God it looks like a Fusion! No wait, it looks like a European version of a Fusion! No, no it looks like an ugly European Fusion!!!!

Really dude? Do you really think that those of us who aren't crazy about the 2015 actually believe that posting objections to how looks on a Mustang Forum is going to result in Ford putting a stop to the car before it hits the dealerships?

I freely admit that I like everything about the car except for the fact that Ford felt the need to stick the corporate design language on the front end and it just didn't come off well. I am also well aware that many people like the 2015 and you don't see me begrudging them in the least. If you like the 2015 than by all means you should go on down to the dealership and get yourself one. If we all liked the same thing this world would be pretty boring.

For the record I don't "hate" the 2015 nor any Mustang for that matter. I'm a Mustang enthusiast as I suspect are many members of this forum. Hell I even like the much maligned Mustang II. But I also have eyes in my head and my own brain to formulate thoughts with. Thanks to that God given combination I have formulated the thought that I'm not crazy about a Mustang with a Fusion front end on it. You don't see Dodge trying to make the Challenger look like a Charger. You don't see Chevy trying to make the Camaro look like a Malibu. Why does Ford feel the need to make the Mustang look like a Fusion. It's just not a good look and especially on a car as iconic as the Mustang which deserves better than this. That's just where I come out on it. I fully understand that others will disagree and I'm not trying to talk you out of buying the car and I am certainly not dumb enough to think that posting about it on this forum is in any way going to affect whether or not the car is "here to stay". lol
Old 7/17/14, 03:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mrsuitcase
I was undecided at first on the 2015, but it's grown on me. So, I like the 2015 - including the front grill - probably because my 2014 has the honeycomb Pony Package grill.
I think I'm the only person on this forum that likes the honeycomb.
Originally Posted by White2010
I freely admit that I like everything about the car except for the fact that Ford felt the need to stick the corporate design language on the front end and it just didn't come off well. I am also well aware that many people like the 2015 and you don't see me begrudging them in the least. If you like the 2015 than by all means you should go on down to the dealership and get yourself one. If we all liked the same thing this world would be pretty boring.

For the record I don't "hate" the 2015 nor any Mustang for that matter. I'm a Mustang enthusiast as I suspect are many members of this forum. Hell I even like the much maligned Mustang II. But I also have eyes in my head and my own brain to formulate thoughts with. Thanks to that God given combination I have formulated the thought that I'm not crazy about a Mustang with a Fusion front end on it. You don't see Dodge trying to make the Challenger look like a Charger. You don't see Chevy trying to make the Camaro look like a Malibu. Why does Ford feel the need to make the Mustang look like a Fusion. It's just not a good look and especially on a car as iconic as the Mustang which deserves better than this. That's just where I come out on it.
Amen to all of that.
Old 7/17/14, 05:07 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by AWmustang
You are entitled to your opinion, but you must realize that it may not be the opinion of the majority. I think this car looks great. And there are many others that agree. I expect this car will have no problem meeting its sales numbers.
You can take heart in the fact that there's no doubt they will change the front end because cars must evolve and change. However, I have great doubt that this change will be motivated by poor sales.
I do realize that my opinion may not mesh with the majority. Much like the entire lineup of the 2010-2014 Mustang butts which have hideousness overall written on them without actually using letters/words. Although the '13-14 isn't terrible, it's still shaped all kinds of messed up and I just don't like 'em.

I'm sure that Ford will still sell them, for it is not, directly, the people to whom they sell the cars, but the dealers. The problem is now the dealer's to get the cars sold.

Excepting the first few couple thousand, I expect rebates.

And yes, I'd blame that front end. That, and the smaller overall size. One thing has been true of Mustang for quite a while... they can haul quite a bit of stuff.

We shall see, of course, as to what happens, and what Ford's response will be. Making the front end more 2012 would be a step in the right direction though. But that's me.

---

That all bein' said, I respect everyone else's opinion on the topic, and would never, EVER silence anyone for their opinion. Whether I liked it or not.

And that's why I posted what I posted. I have an opinion, and I will voice it. As long as it's not "FIRE!" or such, and The Powers That Be here allow it, I can do that. For it is a Benevolent Dictatorship, this site, not a Republic or Democracy or such. We are here by the magnanamousness of TPTBs, and I, for one, welcome the Overlords of TMS.

All good, e'ryone!
Old 7/17/14, 05:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
OH dAVID YOUR SOOOOOO MATURE
yep, and so are you Glenn! And that statement proved it!
really dude? Do you really think that those of us who aren't crazy about the 2015 actually believe that posting objections to how looks on a Mustang Forum is going to result in Ford putting a stop to the car before it hits the dealerships?
yep that's EXACTLY what I thought, I Really thought that. You soooo got me. No I didn't think that, what kind of retard do you think I am?! I know you all know that, or at least you should! If you don't, then there's just no hope for you. And would someone close this thread? Apparently some people don't have the ability to understand what I was trying to say. I'm done here.
Old 7/17/14, 05:51 PM
Banned

All of you people who seem to constantly complain about the 2015; oh it looks like a fusion, oh it's to European, oh it's ugly, etc, please stop. It's not my absolute favorite either, but it's here to stay whether you like it or not. No matter what you say, what you do, this car is rolling out in a few months. And changed looks aside, it's actually a very nice car. So please act like mature people and stop complaining about it. Thanks for reading.

We can only go by what you posted supersnake. The comment in bold implies that you think that those of us who are not fans of the 2015 somehow think that our objections to the car will in some way result in the car not "rolling out in a few months". So it's not a matter of I didn't understand what you posted. Maybe it's a matter of you need to learn how to clearly express yourself in words.
Old 7/17/14, 05:56 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm done here.
But its your copyrighted thread. You no can go now.
Old 7/17/14, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

We can only go by what you posted supersnake. The comment in bold implies that you think that those of us who are not fans of the 2015 somehow think that our objections to the car will in some way result in the car not "rolling out in a few months". So it's not a matter of I didn't understand what you posted. Maybe it's a matter of you need to learn how to clearly express yourself in words.
ok, you did get me there, most people have a hard time understanding me. That bold term; I was pointing out the fact that was just no point in talking about it, it can change later, but hearing about the upcoming model is getting to be a little much.
Old 7/17/14, 06:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
But its your copyrighted thread. You no can go now.
I hope you know that was a joke!
Old 7/17/14, 06:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

yep, and so are you Glenn! And that statement proved it! yep that's EXACTLY what I thought, I Really thought that. You soooo got me. No I didn't think that, what kind of retard do you think I am?! I know you all know that, or at least you should! If you don't, then there's just no hope for you. And would someone close this thread? Apparently some people don't have the ability to understand what I was trying to say. I'm done here.
I hope you know that was a joke?
Old 7/17/14, 06:35 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I hope you know that was a joke!
Speak clearly!
Old 7/17/14, 06:36 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
When the 2015 is out for a few months and people start doing the basic exterior and wheel mods to them I think minds will change.
Old 7/17/14, 07:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
I believe change is imminent. It's just a new platform rolling out. The main things to be happy about. Newer technology, Higher HP, The ability to have a straight axle or IRS and all other new things offered. This is just the beginning. Shelby, Saleen, Roush and other after markets will eventually have so many options. After all, look how many of us just want stock factory cars. This is a Modified world we live in.

Last edited by GrnT; 7/17/14 at 07:07 PM.
Old 7/18/14, 05:42 AM
GT Member

WAAAAAH! I still don't like it mommy! You can't make me drive it, I like my BOSS better!
Old 7/18/14, 06:09 AM
Legacy TMS Member

All this same stuff happens with every new body style change. It's going to happen. You can't stop it. People are gonna hate. People are gonna love it..... and then there's those few people that say stuff like hey I don't want to hear your opinion. Shut up, live with it, like it or else...
Old 7/18/14, 06:58 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
don't see Chevy trying to make the Camaro look like a Malibu.
One of the criticisms out there was that the rear taillights similarities between the latest Malibu and the Camaro up until the 2014 model year was that they were trying to make it too "corporate Chevy". The 2014 Vette also had similar comments made.

I think people sometimes find certain elements of a car and hone in on one or two of them and form their opinion on that basis. It's natural to do this - human nature, I'd say.

If you like what you see first, then you study it and appreciate the complexities of the design or you don't. Or maybe you come back to it later. I remember thinking "they messed the '99 up" when I first saw it. Two months later, I was looking to buy one

Regardless, the opinions expressed here are just part of the discussion, and I am not going to hate your opinion (unless you insult my 2015 when I get it)
Old 7/18/14, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There's a new mustang coming out??
Old 7/18/14, 07:47 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn
There's a new mustang coming out??
no . there is a 2 door fusion coming out .. and they`re calling it a mustang ..
Old 7/18/14, 08:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by HOSS429
no . there is a 2 door fusion coming out .. and they`re calling it a mustang ..
No, there's a 4-door Mustang out and they're calling it a Fusion
Old 7/18/14, 08:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 mustang haters.