Notices
Past Rumor Archive All the rumors and media hype for the 2011-2014 model years.

Is Shelby American doin' OK?

Search this Thread

Old 10/11/11, 08:57 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shelby is doing just fine and all ready proved he can kick Ferrari's *** back in the 60's. Also, both Roush and Saleen have products and experience that could get the job done as well. They are all just competing in a different market segment right now.
Old 10/12/11, 05:12 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I think Shelby American is doing just fine! Right now they are creating cars that are just as good and if not better than the competition and Carroll Shelby for the most part doesn't put his name on just crap. If there is one thing he likes and wants is for his cars to always go faster. I mean they bumped the Super Snake to 800HP for those that want the biggest baddest thing that they could get. The GT350s suspension is great and with the R package you have a car that can compete with the Stage3 or the SMS Mustangs. The GTS brings something that no one else does which is bring new blood into Shelby say people who previously couldnt afford a Shelby. And the Terlingua was one hell of a car theres no doubt about that a 375hp V6 that handles like a race car. Yeah its a V6 but once again they are bring new blood into Shelby and targeting a market that many Mustang enthusiasts might not have been able to reach before. Plus its a Shelby it will hold its resale value better than other aftermarket cars I think. Yeah the Shelby GT was a little more than just a basic GT but remember Shelby American worked on that project with Ford so there is no way it could top the GT500 like the GT350 does now, they had to have some restraints on them to keep the GT500 the cream of the crop. The GT500 KR hood thing is ridiculous but at the same time I can see how pricing specific parts at the high prices can help not only Ford but Shelby preserve the integrity of such a legendary name plate. I don't think that it is fair to price the hood SO high, especially if you already have the VIN and the damaged hood its not like you are trying to rip them off. I still respect the man and the company and the cars because of their legacy but also because of what they are doing now and how they continue to build great cars (all be it expensive price tag) that can meet or exceed the competition.