Notices
Past Rumor Archive All the rumors and media hype for the 2011-2014 model years.

2013 MY refresh

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/11, 07:01 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 97GT03SVT
I don't get how people are "worried" by the 2013 refresh. If you don't like it be happy to keep your current ride. Isn't this only a two year run anyway? If i were a 2010-12 owner I would like the fact that it would make my car much more unique compared to the 2005-09 generation. I think the 2010-12 GT500 owners are getting hosed but then again Subaru did the same to the WRX and STI... Now that we can get an idea at the look of the car I'm interested in what is happening under the hood of these refreshed Mustangs!
As a GT500 owner, I don't care what Ford does to the Mustang, they build them and they can build them anyway they like. If it doesn't sell, it will change.
Old 11/7/11, 07:14 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't get how people are "worried" by the 2013 refresh. If you don't like it be happy to keep your current ride. Isn't this only a two year run anyway? If i were a 2010-12 owner I would like the fact that it would make my car much more unique compared to the 2005-09 generation. I think the 2010-12 GT500 owners are getting hosed but then again Subaru did the same to the WRX and STI... Now that we can get an idea at the look of the car I'm interested in what is happening under the hood of these refreshed Mustangs!
I hear you, man. I'm convinced that some people just aren't happy unless they're complaining about something -- even if it's a vehicle that has yet to be fully unveiled. I mean, what's not to like; conversely, what are people worried about? If the worst thing about the 2013 Mustang is its GT500 nose, then it's a stylistic success in my opinion, at least judging from the criticism levied on the current car over the past couple years. The diaper's gone and so is the black plastic. I personally preferred the contrasts-well-with-any-paint-color, easy-to-clean, rock-chip-proof black elements found on the 2010-12 model, but I think the diaper-free rear fascia and new tail lights will look great. The GT500 nose is big, yeah, but I see the car as a whole looking amazing with minimal modifications. Of course, MY 2015 will be here before you know it.
Old 11/7/11, 07:30 PM
Bullitt Member

I'd be a little sad if Ford decided to make HID standard across the board...
Does Ford think people weren't ordering HIDs because they were a very expensive option? That's peobably true for many cases, but I think probably more people prefer the "look" of the halogens, no?
Old 11/7/11, 07:33 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by whokilledkaji
Does Ford think people weren't ordering HIDs because they were a very expensive option? That's peobably true for many cases, but I think probably more people prefer the "look" of the halogens, no?
Better start shedding tears then. I don't get why people are scared of improvements in technology. Why wouldn't you want to see more/see better at night?
Old 11/7/11, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Better start shedding tears then. I don't get why people are scared of improvements in technology. Why wouldn't you want to see more/see better at night?
Some people's date/wife's aint so pretty, you know what I mean?

I kid...
Old 11/7/11, 07:40 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by askjeffro
Some people's date/wife's aint so pretty, you know what I mean?

I kid...
Dim lighting and paper bags fix that.
Old 11/7/11, 07:43 PM
Cobra R Member

To my eye HID's are a little too modern looking. The more retro the better as far as I'm concerned.
Old 11/7/11, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Whammer

To my eye HID's are a little too modern looking. The more retro the better as far as I'm concerned.
..................next he'll want window cranks.
Old 11/7/11, 07:44 PM
Team Mustang Source

Dim lighting and paper bags fix that.
I was never that desperate....
Old 11/7/11, 07:52 PM
BOSS Member

The justification has already begun as to why the '12 is better than the '13.
Old 11/7/11, 07:59 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by orpheus

For the spy shots has anyone considered the fact that the gt500 nose may not actually be the final nose? If they are going to such trouble to keep the tail lights hidden, why would they put something so obvious on the front? Throwing on a different hood and fascia could be done at the last minute and surprise everyone.
The 2013 fascias in the spy pics are not identical to the current GT500 fascia. These new fascias seem to retain the swollen nose look but the fog lamp openings are lower grille intakes are different shapes along with the grille textures.
Old 11/7/11, 08:04 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Twin Turbo

I would imagine the Chevrolet will sell miniscule numbers of Camaros over here. In fact, the number of personal imports will probably out number the "official" cars. Makes you wonder why they'd bother.
The Camaro is currently and officially being exported. Look at the lot in Oshawa...

Chevrolet has also developed new and updated EU export specific rear fascias with a wider plate opening, low position reflectors, new LED taillamps and a rear towing hook mount covered by the square plug on the right rear.

Last edited by watchdevil; 11/7/11 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11/7/11, 08:06 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

This. What did I tell you guys?
Old 11/7/11, 08:15 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by whokilledkaji
Ford must have gotten the HID systems down to a super low cost that affords them to offer them standard.
Old 11/7/11, 08:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Retro is dead.. Time for the Mustang to evolve into some new shapes, technology and ideas. Wanna original Mustang? Then go buy one of the Dynacorn Mustang bodies and build yourself one.
Old 11/7/11, 08:27 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil

Retro is dead.. Time for the Mustang to evolve into some new shapes, technology and ideas. Wanna original Mustang? Then go buy one of the Dynacorn Mustang bodies and build yourself one.
Thank you. People need to let the car evolve. I'm starting to get sick of the 'retro is the only way' mindset some people have. Keep your underpowered, poor handling, cassette playing cars back in the past, and allow Ford to bring us better and better cars with every refresh. Continuous improvement - it's a good thing!
Old 11/7/11, 08:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by LagunaBeach
The justification has already begun as to why the '12 is better than the '13.
I predict the biggest Mustang parts sales or trades for 2013:

2012 parts to 2013 or vice versa...

front bumper covers
headlamps
grilles
hoods
taillamps
rear bumper covers
Old 11/7/11, 08:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

I don't get how people are "worried" by the 2013 refresh. If you don't like it be happy to keep your current ride. Isn't this only a two year run anyway? If i were a 2010-12 owner I would like the fact that it would make my car much more unique compared to the 2005-09 generation.
Consider the 65-73 Mustangs. Look how they had changed. Within eight years of it's original introduction it had three major updates and minor cosmetic changes to distinguish each year. Now that is variety and one can pick whichever style is their personal classic favorite. Why can some not see this as the same for the current generation from 2005-14?

Last edited by watchdevil; 11/7/11 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11/7/11, 08:54 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
I predict the biggest Mustang parts sales or trades for 2013:

2012 parts to 2013 or vice versa...

front bumper covers
headlamps
grilles
hoods
taillamps
rear bumper covers
I hope you realize that the cost associated with those is higher than most people think. For instance, even if you have HIDs on a 10-12, you'll most likely need a new wiring harness to activate the LED lamps, unless you integrate it into something else. It may even go back further, and be tied into the programming of the PCM. Taillamps are not cheap either, and if it requires a bumper change, that will probably put it at $1000+ to procure everything. Most people won't swap all that for a minor change.
Old 11/7/11, 09:02 PM
Bullitt Member

....Taillamps are not cheap either, and if it requires a bumper change, that will probably put it at $1000+ to procure everything. Most people won't swap all that for a minor change.
Bluffing so you can be the first? Hehe ;-)

Quick Reply: 2013 MY refresh