Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Venting on my 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 10/2/11, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by y2kcbr
Yeah nothing was wrong with top end. Anyways, in a way they will be replacing it all. Once I get my call from Ford Legal saying they are going to buyback / replace the car...
Any new developments on this? I'm interested to know how it resolves- really hoping ford does right by you.
Old 10/3/11, 10:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RVAStangGT05
Any new developments on this? I'm interested to know how it resolves- really hoping ford does right by you.
So apparently Ford DRP Department, from what I have heard, this is the internal department responsible for all buybacks/replacements, will be contacting me today by close of business.
I believe they will offer the following:

Price I paid for the car less mileage offset. Mileage offset is:
Miles on car when it went into shop first time DIVIDED BY 120,000
That number MULTIPLIED BY price of car.
I came up with about $1,200 mileage offset amount.

I got my car on X-Plan and added a few things from the dealer (that Premium Maintenance thing, and Enviro-Protection interior and exterior package).

So I believe my total amount they will offer is $35, 000ish. I will decline this as the frustration that I went through is just way too much to only offer me a little money (when you factor in that I still have to pay off the car).

I would expect Ford to do me right by upgrading me into a higher level car, at the same payment. I'd love a Shelby , however I'm sure that wouldn't fly at all. My best option is a Boss 302 - or I give items over to my attorney (one of those CA Attorneys that specializes in the Lemon Law).

We will see...I will update today once I hear the offer.

EDIT Update:
No call at close of business today from my Customer Service Manager. I'm really thinking of just keeping my car and spray painting a HUGE lemon on it and then driving around...

Last edited by y2kcbr; 10/3/11 at 04:22 PM.
Old 10/4/11, 11:51 AM
GT Member

Update:

Ford not returning any calls in 5 days...

Good job Ford, really making me a loyal customer.
Old 10/4/11, 12:06 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Update:

Ford not returning any calls in 5 days...

Good job Ford, really making me a loyal customer.
Guessing you have already talked with deysha?
Old 10/4/11, 01:04 PM
GT Member

Hi texasboneking
Yeah, Deysha got me in touch a couple months ago with this CSM-Jeff from Ford on this. So that avenue has been used...

I contacted Ford general customer support, gave them my information and case number. Spoke to a guy named James, he was able to contact CSM-Jeff and the word 'apparently' is they still havent made their mind up if they are going to buyback my broken Mustang.

SERIOUSLY??!! WTF - how can there even be a question about this? It qualifies under California Lemon Law on 2 different areas. I'm really starting to get pissed off now. This is a HUGE joke and Ford Customer Service is really showing bad signs. If it is an issue with this DRP Department in Ford, then tell them to call me and cool me down. If this is an issue with money and not wanting to buy back my broken car, then let me know so I can give everything over to this attorney here in CA that seems to be very anxious to take this case over (he calls me and emails a few times a week looking to get in touch with Ford...)

I should just give in and drop faith in Ford. Hand over my documents and all my calls to Ford that have been documented. Just have him take care of it and push for treble damages.

Of course I got my monthly payment in the mail today from Ford....Really?

/RantOff
Old 10/4/11, 01:55 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Hi texasboneking
Yeah, Deysha got me in touch a couple months ago with this CSM-Jeff from Ford on this. So that avenue has been used...

I contacted Ford general customer support, gave them my information and case number. Spoke to a guy named James, he was able to contact CSM-Jeff and the word 'apparently' is they still havent made their mind up if they are going to buyback my broken Mustang.

SERIOUSLY??!! WTF - how can there even be a question about this? It qualifies under California Lemon Law on 2 different areas. I'm really starting to get pissed off now. This is a HUGE joke and Ford Customer Service is really showing bad signs. If it is an issue with this DRP Department in Ford, then tell them to call me and cool me down. If this is an issue with money and not wanting to buy back my broken car, then let me know so I can give everything over to this attorney here in CA that seems to be very anxious to take this case over (he calls me and emails a few times a week looking to get in touch with Ford...)

I should just give in and drop faith in Ford. Hand over my documents and all my calls to Ford that have been documented. Just have him take care of it and push for treble damages.

Of course I got my monthly payment in the mail today from Ford....Really?

/RantOff
Sucks... Like the new profile pick though lol
Old 10/4/11, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

That in unbelievably sucky. I went through some bad, bad stuff with Ford, none of which was ever resolved, but this really does take the cake. I think I would have let the attorney off the leash by now.
Old 10/5/11, 03:12 PM
GT Member

UPDATE: No call back today from Ford. End of business. Ford is failing bad here...I'm writing here and updating my pain and suffering for those of you that might have to deal with this have something to look at and maybe avoid mistakes that I might have made along the process.

So (again) I am very sorry for taking up space here on these forums almost to a point of bad-mouthing the car that we all love, I'm just not pleased whatsoever how Ford handles us after we bought the car.
Old 10/5/11, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

UPDATE: No call back today from Ford. End of business. Ford is failing bad here...I'm writing here and updating my pain and suffering for those of you that might have to deal with this have something to look at and maybe avoid mistakes that I might have made along the process.

So (again) I am very sorry for taking up space here on these forums almost to a point of bad-mouthing the car that we all love, I'm just not pleased whatsoever how Ford handles us after we bought the car.
Don't apologize! I think we all can empathize with your situation, and as Ford consumers, I for one am interested to see how it all shakes out. I love these cars too, but as a company, Ford clearly has some serious customer service problems - it's a shame that they are handling this so badly. Do let us know if anything changes...
Old 10/5/11, 04:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RVAStangGT05

Don't apologize! I think we all can empathize with your situation, and as Ford consumers, I for one am interested to see how it all shakes out. I love these cars too, but as a company, Ford clearly has some serious customer service problems - it's a shame that they are handling this so badly. Do let us know if anything changes...
Real talk
Old 10/6/11, 08:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by texastboneking
Guessing you have already talked with deysha?
Thanks for the mention, texasboneking!

I have requested for someone to contact you, y2kcbr. I know Jeff has been out of the office for a couple of days and I’m not sure why. I know you case was still under review and it’s still open.

Deysha
Old 10/6/11, 09:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Thanks for the mention, texasboneking!

I have requested for someone to contact you, y2kcbr. I know Jeff has been out of the office for a couple of days and I’m not sure why. I know you case was still under review and it’s still open.

Deysha
Deysha, thanks for looking into this. I am completely bewildered, perplexed and almost disgusted that this could even possibly be 'under review'. The item I bought is broken. I don't want it, I wish for a replacement - how on earth could this take any more time?

I suggest reading the entire post here, many Ford Owners and future buyers agree. I believe I have been quite calm and collected. Time is over however. The issue needs to be resolved. Unfortunately now I want more - I want to be upgraded like a person on a long distance flight wants to be upgraded from coach into First Class. If Ford can't make the upgrade happen, then California Lemon Law Attorney Kurt Delsack will get things going and go after treble damages.

If you prefer to take this to private messages Deysha, I am all for that and closing this thread.

Last edited by y2kcbr; 10/6/11 at 09:28 AM. Reason: penmanship issues *whew*
Old 10/6/11, 09:30 AM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Deysha, thanks for looking into this. I am completely bewildered, perplexed and almost disgusted that this could even possibly be 'under review'. The item I bought is broken. I don't want it, I wish for a replacement - how on earth could this take any more time?

I suggest reading the entire post here, many Ford Owners and future buyersagree. I believe I have been quite calm and collected. Time is over however. The issue needs to be resolved. Unfortunately now I want more - I want to be upgraded like a person on a long distance flight wants to be upgraded from coach into First Class. If Ford can't make the upgrade happen, then California Lemon Law Attorney Kurt Delsack will get things going and go after treble damages.

If you prefer to take this to private messages Deysha, I am all for that and closing this thread.
Good luck man. I hope you get some good help
Old 10/6/11, 10:30 AM
GT Member

Just got off a 45 minute phone call with a different CSM at Ford. They are waiting on the Repair Order from Napa Ford to be faxed over before they make their decision.

Seriously...what decision is there that needs to be made? CA Lemon Law states the following:

"...Moreover, if a vehicle spends a cumulative total of over 30 days in the shop for warranty repairs, it may satisfy the requirement no matter how many separate visits were made.

My Mustang was in the shop for 45 Days

Replace is the only Option. I will not take anything less
Old 10/6/11, 10:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 777 Likes on 567 Posts
nice avatar. LOL Will you buy another ford?
Old 10/6/11, 11:11 AM
GT Member

Im a Mustang Club of America member
Im a member of Golden Hills Mustang Club
Ive loved this car since my first '66
I can't see owning anything else

HOWEVER - Fool me once, shame on you- Fool me twice, shame on me...

Real question Glenn...

Would you?

Last edited by y2kcbr; 10/6/11 at 11:14 AM.
Old 10/6/11, 11:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Your avatar has me laughing obnoxiously in my office
Old 10/6/11, 03:29 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 58 Likes on 27 Posts
Ford *seems* to be improving stuff regarding the customer service, I'm guessing they will (and should) just arrange for another car identical, forget the mileage, start over...if they can throw in a couple payments maybe, ESP I think they would gladly offer.

when my first 06 got smashed at delivery, after a LOT of outright frustration with customer service, someone at ford stepped in and got a reordered priority1 , they tossed in the 5/75 (was only 36 months at that time) for free- and I should add, it ended up not costing them a dime, never had a claim, warranty ran out almost a year ago... they know odds are their products will be fine, the ESP basically wont cost them anything.
theres a lot of crap involved with swapping out a car- sadly I'm betting the dealer will get screwed to some extent, but from what ive been hearing about customer service help (folks like Deysha in here, others on facebook, etc) becoming 'real' help in resolving issues, I would think this will get ironed out fairly soon. Fords been doing a lot of things better in this regard. I would be careful with lawyer mentions- if things get turned over to legal,only the lawyers will win, and time is on their side... be fair, give them a chance, ask threm to do the same. hopefully this wont need any $legal help$
Good luck
Old 10/6/11, 04:03 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ford4v429
Ford *seems* to be improving stuff regarding the customer service, I'm guessing they will (and should) just arrange for another car identical, forget the mileage, start over...if they can throw in a couple payments maybe, ESP I think they would gladly offer.

when my first 06 got smashed at delivery, after a LOT of outright frustration with customer service, someone at ford stepped in and got a reordered priority1 , they tossed in the 5/75 (was only 36 months at that time) for free- and I should add, it ended up not costing them a dime, never had a claim, warranty ran out almost a year ago... they know odds are their products will be fine, the ESP basically wont cost them anything.
theres a lot of crap involved with swapping out a car- sadly I'm betting the dealer will get screwed to some extent, but from what ive been hearing about customer service help (folks like Deysha in here, others on facebook, etc) becoming 'real' help in resolving issues, I would think this will get ironed out fairly soon. Fords been doing a lot of things better in this regard. I would be careful with lawyer mentions- if things get turned over to legal,only the lawyers will win, and time is on their side... be fair, give them a chance, ask threm to do the same. hopefully this wont need any $legal help$
Good luck
Great words. Yeah Ive been very careful on using the word legal and lawyer. There is a point when I can only sit back and take it. Maybe the mention of lawyer is enough to stir the pot
Old 10/7/11, 09:25 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Deysha, thanks for looking into this.
I understand you want this resolved fairly quick, y2kcbr.

This can be a lengthy process, as I’m sure you already know. Our commitment is to honor the new vehicle limited warranty and resolve the concern at hand. Then we take next steps if repairing it will not “fix” the specific concern you’re vehicle is having. Please continue working with the CSM until this is resolved.

Originally Posted by ford4v429
Ford *seems* to be improving stuff regarding the customer service...
...from what ive been hearing about customer service help (folks like Deysha in here, others on facebook, etc) becoming 'real' help in resolving issues, I would think this will get ironed out fairly soon. Fords been doing a lot of things better in this regard.
Thank you for the awesome words, ford4v429! We are working diligently to help wherever and however we can.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Venting on my 5.0