Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Venting on my 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 10/7/11, 11:14 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
Originally Posted by y2kcbr
Im a Mustang Club of America member
Im a member of Golden Hills Mustang Club
Ive loved this car since my first '66
I can't see owning anything else

HOWEVER - Fool me once, shame on you- Fool me twice, shame on me...

Real question Glenn...

Would you?
I think YES I would buy another one. The lemons are few and far inbetween. Your 1 in 500k with your car I bet. Your next one will be awesome I am sure.
Old 10/7/11, 09:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow what a story. Sorry to hear about this. I hope they take care of you and you get a new car and have no problems with it at all. Good luck
Old 10/7/11, 11:23 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
I understand you want this resolved fairly quick, y2kcbr.
45 days in the shop?
20 days out of the shop?

Resolved?

Nope...
Old 10/8/11, 02:26 PM
V6 Member

I think you need to go ahead and let your lawyer take control here. Even if you dont intend to pursue it, they are basically just calling your bluff now. The moment they get a certified letter notifying them they are being prosecuted they will probably call within the hour saying they finally have your new car.
Old 10/10/11, 09:53 AM
GT Member

Latest Update:

Got a call from a different CSM on Thursday at home. I was told that they are waiting on the final Repair Order from Napa Ford so they can finalize the paperwork and submit the claim to their supervisor for approval/denial. Thursday would have been nine days after I got my car back from Ford. I had initiated the buyback process on the 12th of September. Seems like Fords internal processes heavily favor only Ford.

Once the 'packet' was all together, a supervisor would approve/deny the claim. This supervisor (of course) was out on Thursday. So the claim would have to wait another day. Earliest I would hear back from Ford would be on Friday.

Friday came - I received a call again from the new CSM (I guess CSM-Jeff was out of the office sick...) and was told that the packet was delivered via Email marked 'urgent'. The term urgent, lets analyze that based on my numbers above.

I'm guessing Ford won't get in touch with me by the end of this week...
I had until yesterday to open my case with the Better Business Bureau (based on a paperwork filing timeline). Now I have to re-open it and then notify an attorney. Of course I am still sticking with Ford and hoping they make it all right.

Now I want money for my troubles. An ESP and a payment or two just doesn't cut it in my opinion. Ford needs to 'pony' up some fundage
Old 10/11/11, 02:19 PM
GT Member

UPDATE:

Why is Ford not contacting me? Deysha? I really hate to call you out...Im beginning to think that the 'CSM's' that I speak to are more about making sure that I dont get my buyback completed.

CSM-Jeff - doesnt return any calls. I was told he was out of the office ill, that was a week ago. His voicemail has updated on two separate occassions since then. So I know that he is not out of the office.

CSM-Shawna - I have no number to call her on. She has forwarded the paperwork to 'her boss' and was told that she will let me know once she hears back from him. There was to be a follow-up call yesterday that never happened.

My TheoryI believe the department that I was transferred to initially has only one sole purpose. To feed people like me (who love the Ford product etc etc etc) a line of pure and utter bull$&!-. Saying that paperwork from the dealer to Ford is delayed because they are waiting for it to be 'faxed'. come on Ford, I know about OASIS.

I believe Ford has no desire to help out and are simply pushing this along as far as they can in hopes the person gives up. Well guess what, I haven't...

Deysha
You did contact the CSMs and have them contact me last week (Im certain that is the ONLY reason that I received a call last week). For that, thanks. However, you are a company man/woman, and I've had it up to here with the lies and promises that have come to me thusfar from a company that I have purchased FIVE VEHICLES FROM.

You know what I need? Is some closure. Now (I believe I have been quite patient). This thread has been read about 2100 times. It is obvious that people are following this and I will bump it as much as possible until I am told by forum moderators to stop.

Let's show people that my car can simply be EXCHANGED for. I am NOT looking for punitive damages or whatever, just focus on getting my **** replaced.
Old 10/11/11, 06:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 779 Likes on 568 Posts
Snot Good
Old 10/11/11, 11:30 PM
V6 Member

As a prospective customer looking to buy a new ford, this thread is weighing heavily on my decisions. I highly advise a positive result for OP before I start to reconsider this purchase myself. I introduced myself to this forum complaining about the overall negative impression the world has of Ford and their reliability. I was told these are just bad apples in the batch, yet here we are, case and point. Is it just coincidence that he cant get his vehicle replaced? Or is this indicative of Ford's standard operating procedure?
Old 10/11/11, 11:45 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RunNgun
As a prospective customer looking to buy a new ford, this thread is weighing heavily on my decisions. I highly advise a positive result for OP before I start to reconsider this purchase myself. I introduced myself to this forum complaining about the overall negative impression the world has of Ford and their reliability. I was told these are just bad apples in the batch, yet here we are, case and point. Is it just coincidence that he cant get his vehicle replaced? Or is this indicative of Ford's standard operating procedure?
Deysha???
Old 10/12/11, 02:24 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by RunNgun
I dont think one or two or a few cars proves a point or anything.
Old 10/12/11, 04:28 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang

No, it doesn't. You are right about that. But I think what is upsetting is the way Ford is treating this customer. And he's not the only one on the forum having this kind of issue with customer service. I don't understand why he's not getting called back, and I dont understand why, at this point the car hasn't been replaced. People worry how this company is going to treat them if something goes wrong.

I can tell you from my own experience that everything is a huge fight, and they count on people just getting worn out and giving up. Thats what happened to me. With my last car, the Ford dealer was so eager to sell me that extended warranty, which I bought. I had thousands of dollars of problems, less than 3 weeks off the lot. Did they cover any of it? no. I even had to pay almost $600 out of pocket for a water pump that SHOULD have been covered, but the car broke down on a weekend when the BaseCare line was closed. I fought this stuff for awhile, but I'm a single parent with 2 kids and a 50+ hr a week job, etc, and eventually they just wore me out and I gave up.

When it was time to buy another car, you better believe I did not go to a Ford dealership. I bought a Mustang, but I bought it used from a non Ford dealer that I researched ahead of time, and I bought a non Ford warranty. I love these cars- I've driven Fords for my entire life, and really dont want to drive anything else, but was crushed by the way the company treated me. And it's discouraging to read about this kind of thing on forums over and over.
Old 10/12/11, 07:47 AM
V6 Member

Wow, sorry to hear about the troubles you're experiencing with the buy back. It comes as no surprise though. Just keep in mind that the grass is no greener on the other side. It don't matter the make/model you go with if you run into needing a buy back from any car company you'll go through the same lengthy BS process that you're going through with Ford. If the cars qualifies as a lemon I personally would have allowed the attorney to handle it from that magical day 30 forward. I hope it works out for you!
Old 10/12/11, 09:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
Now this is an interesting point of conjecture. My boss told me how he had his Chevy or Nissan or something blow up on him, and when he got fed up with dealer runarounds, he threatened to hammer them on every review site possible. They scoffed and said statistics show that 1 angry customer typically only influences about 8 future customers not to buy. Those 8 missed sales cost less than having to repair/refund every vehicle they get. So they basically just told him to go **** himself and they didnt care how many sales he cost them, they would still come out ahead overall if they just ignored problems.

Interesting nonetheless... I wonder of BMW see's it the same way.
Old 10/12/11, 09:57 AM
GT Member

What gets me is it is quite obvious that the Ford userbase has an interested outcome on this matter. The post count and total views is apparent. What I'm not figuring out is why Ford just can't call me and tell me what they are doing. It has been since Friday (since I heard from Ford) and I see no end in site.
Old 10/12/11, 10:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

What gets me is it is quite obvious that the Ford userbase has an interested outcome on this matter. The post count and total views is apparent. What I'm not figuring out is why Ford just can't call me and tell me what they are doing. It has been since Friday (since I heard from Ford) and I see no end in site.
Most likely because you have mentioned many times that you are going to contact an attorney. That being said, most corporations limit any contact made between you and their reps after that. On top of that, you are posting everything being discussed between you and the reps. Usually settlements and compensation should be kept between the parties and not posted on a public forum.

I read through this rather quickly, but have to ask are you still having issues with the car? From what I read, you received a new bottom end and now have the car? Is there any further depth on the 30day theory in the CA law. I was under the impression that this was true if they were unable to provide a solution or repair to eliminate the problem. Have you had any problems in the last 20 days?

FMC has plenty of high powered attorneys to take on your guy in CA that "specialized in lemon law".

Not defending Ford, just trying to shed some light.
Old 10/12/11, 11:06 AM
GT Member

UPDATE:

Just received a call from Ford. They will replace the car. A rep from Ford Vehicle Reacquire Team will contact me in two days to discuss what my options are. Within seven days from this time, I will be mailed a letter that needs to be signed/returned. Then I will receive a packet and the dealer will receive a packet and we will work on the replacement.

Old 10/12/11, 11:11 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats. Looks like ford delivered after all. Good luck on your next car

Time to put that Ford hat back on
Old 10/12/11, 11:35 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
time for someone to say Sorry to ford..
Old 10/12/11, 02:20 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
UPDATE:
Just received a call from Ford. They will replace the car.
Glad to hear your closure is very close, y2kcbr. Thanks for the update.

Deysha
Old 10/12/11, 06:46 PM
GT Member

Hope it all works out to your satisfaction.

Quick Reply: Venting on my 5.0