Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Totally shocked by Ford

Search this Thread

Old 4/6/13, 07:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
I wonder what they do with them? Test them? Strip the paint off them, send them to Alcoa or something?

Old 4/6/13, 08:04 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I believe part of the reason for the return is to keep a not so cool dealer employee from selling them plus it keeps someone else from doing a replacement using the same wheels/parts. If there is a structural issue with a returned item...it removes the possible legal issues also. Plus....there is always the salvage value.
Old 4/6/13, 09:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete
I believe part of the reason for the return is to keep a not so cool dealer employee from selling them plus it keeps someone else from doing a replacement using the same wheels/parts. If there is a structural issue with a returned item...it removes the possible legal issues also. Plus....there is always the salvage value.
They prob refinish them and sell them
Old 4/7/13, 07:55 PM

I have a 2012 V6 w/ performance pkg. I have 30000 miles on it. The rims also have the clear coat peeling. I also have rust bubbles on the hood in the center front edge. Took it in last week for warranty. The replaced all 4 rims and are repainting the hood and replacing the stripes. They gave me a loaner and I can't wait to get my car back. I can say that Ford has been fantastic. I also had my throttle body go out at 18000 miles. They replaced it with no problems. Love my V6 with C&L intake and Roush axle back exhaust. Also bought 4 Hankook Ventus V12's and Ford is installing them on the new rims. Next on the list, Ford Racing short throw shifter.
Old 4/7/13, 07:59 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by V6performance
I have a 2012 V6 w/ performance pkg. I have 30000 miles on it. The rims also have the clear coat peeling. I also have rust bubbles on the hood in the center front edge. Took it in last week for warranty. The replaced all 4 rims and are repainting the hood and replacing the stripes. They gave me a loaner and I can't wait to get my car back. I can say that Ford has been fantastic. I also had my throttle body go out at 18000 miles. They replaced it with no problems. Love my V6 with C&L intake and Roush axle back exhaust. Also bought 4 Hankook Ventus V12's and Ford is installing them on the new rims. Next on the list, Ford Racing short throw shifter.
You're replacing a ford shifter with another ford shifter?
Old 4/7/13, 08:36 PM
Banned

heck yea!
Old 4/26/13, 08:48 PM

You got that right. I have had issues with getting into 2nd & 3rd and have read upgrading the shifter and bracket will tremendously help. Either Barton or Ford Racing.
Old 4/28/13, 09:45 PM
V6 Member

I have a new 2012 GT, I took it in for my oil change and tire rotation. When I got home and started to wash my car I noticed I have scratches and deep cuts in three of my wheels! I'm not to happy about it !! And I went back to the dealer and they said that they were already there which I know is not true!! I have one little curb scuff on one while!! ( from girlfriend going to McDonalds). What can I do to get it taken care of by Ford!!!!
Old 4/28/13, 10:19 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I had money stolen out of my console from Ford. I had a fancy tire gauge stolen also.

What can I say? Go elsewhere and watch it like a hawk! That's what you have to do nowadays because let's face it....Most people don't give a shlt if it isn't theirs. Sad.
Old 4/28/13, 10:53 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
You're replacing a ford shifter with another ford shifter?
ford racing shifter is actually a barton
Old 4/28/13, 10:59 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Supra

ford racing shifter is actually a barton
That's good, because replacing a ford shifter with a ford shifter didn't make sense to me.
Old 4/28/13, 11:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I had money stolen out of my console from Ford. I had a fancy tire gauge stolen also.

What can I say? Go elsewhere and watch it like a hawk! That's what you have to do nowadays because let's face it....Most people don't give a shlt if it isn't theirs. Sad.
Dang, my dealer is good I guess.

They are very good with my car, if they do mess it up they always fix it. Never had any real issues with them though.

Never stolen anything out of my car either.

I'd never buy from them, they are too expensive....but the service dept is good.

I guess that's why I always see Ford GT's, Roush's, Saleens, Super Snakes, GT350's, Boss 302's, and stuff getting serviced there.
Old 5/2/13, 07:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Things being stolen from the car is the individual employee....not the dealership. Not every employee is an honest, upstanding person so reporting the theft to the management may help in the future....they may be able to spot the problem but only if they know about it. Of course, I do not leave items in the car that can be easily lifted.

The scratches on the rim....hard to prove after the fact unless you happened to have pics dated close to the service. I try to make sure the service rep sees the condition of the wheels......or what ever they are working on.....so if any damage occurs, they have no issue knowing it happened there.