Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Sync Services not Working

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/15, 10:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sync Services not Working

So i decided to try out sync services for the first time you know the traffic, directions, and weather. Well Sync services doesn't seem to work. I use the voice commands and say "Services" it then thinks for about a second or two and goes back to what it was doing (playing music). Everything else seems to work fine vehicle health reports, bluetooth audio, calling, mobile applications.

What do I do? Can Fordservice chime in here? I have no idea even where to even begin. I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (verizon) and the latest sync.
Old 2/25/15, 10:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
what year is your car .... I think you have to pay after a certain amount of time and even during the free period you have to renew every year.
Old 2/25/15, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

I have a 2013. Where do you renew?
Old 2/25/15, 10:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

you renew on the syncmyride website .. I thought they send out an email when it renewal time.. you can logon an check it out.
Old 2/25/15, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by dmhines
you renew on the syncmyride website .. I thought they send out an email when it renewal time.. you can logon an check it out.
I checked and I'm good until 4/13/2016. It says everything is active.
Old 2/25/15, 11:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Not sure .. I had sync services on my 2010 since it didn't have navigation. I thought you have to renew every 12 months. maybe things have changed.
Old 2/25/15, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I guess mine expired too. I just logged in .. On main page it says ...

It's time to reactivate your complimentary SYNC Services.

and there is a link: renew my subscription.
Old 2/25/15, 12:33 PM
Bullitt Member

I think you are right that you have to update it every year. I vaguely remember doing it last year.
Old 2/25/15, 03:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Ok. I fumbled through the Sync menus and found "Master Reset". It reset everything. I had to re-pair my phone and re-download my phone book. Well sync services works now!!! Sweeeettt
Old 2/26/15, 07:01 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dave07
Ok. I fumbled through the Sync menus and found "Master Reset". It reset everything. I had to re-pair my phone and re-download my phone book. Well sync services works now!!! Sweeeettt
Hey dave07,

It looks like I was a little too late, but I'm glad to hear that everything is working now!

Kim
Old 4/21/15, 03:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Sync services isn't working again. I'm out of town and wanted to use it when I needed it the most. The master reset didn't work this time. What do I do now?
Old 4/22/15, 09:00 AM

Do you receive an error message this time, or is it doing the same thing as last time?

Rebecca
Old 4/22/15, 09:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Do you receive an error message this time, or is it doing the same thing as last time?

Rebecca
Its doing the same thing as last time.
Old 4/22/15, 12:25 PM

Its doing the same thing as last time.
Try removing the battery of your phone and replacing it. It should automatically connect to SYNC again. While the engine is running, press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say SERVICES. Does it work?

When you performed the master reset, was the vehicle running or in park? If you attempted to perform this reset while the vehicle was in motion, it wouldn't have gone through properly. If the SYNC Services feature still doesn't work after removing the phone's battery, I suggest attempting the master reset again while the vehicle is in park and running.

I'll be glad to provide a link to the instructions for the master reset. First, just let me know which type of system you have: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...html?sync=sync

Kim
Old 4/22/15, 03:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Try removing the battery of your phone and replacing it. It should automatically connect to SYNC again. While the engine is running, press the VOICE COMMAND button on the steering wheel and say SERVICES. Does it work?

When you performed the master reset, was the vehicle running or in park? If you attempted to perform this reset while the vehicle was in motion, it wouldn't have gone through properly. If the SYNC Services feature still doesn't work after removing the phone's battery, I suggest attempting the master reset again while the vehicle is in park and running.

I'll be glad to provide a link to the instructions for the master reset. First, just let me know which type of system you have: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...html?sync=sync

Kim
I have the Sync basic system. I tried it today at lunch and it worked flawlessly. I'm not sure whats going on here it seems to work for awhile and then all the sudden it will really start to glitch then Sync Services quits working.

I believe I did the master reset while driving back to my hotel.
Old 4/22/15, 06:14 PM

I have the Sync basic system. I tried it today at lunch and it worked flawlessly. I'm not sure whats going on here it seems to work for awhile and then all the sudden it will really start to glitch then Sync Services quits working.

I believe I did the master reset while driving back to my hotel.
If you performed the master reset while the vehicle was in motion, it probably didn't complete since the master reset is a speed-dependent feature. Here are the instructions for your system: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...html?sync=sync

Try doing this again while the vehicle is parked. Connect the phone and test the SYNC Services feature out a few times. Let me know if you notice an improvement.

Kim