Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Snapping sound coming off idle when hot

Search this Thread

Old 2/24/13, 12:37 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snapping sound coming off idle when hot

Got a 2013 Mustang GT/CS that makes a snapping sound like an electric BBQ ignitor when I'm coming off of a stop. After the clutch is fully released and my foot is off the pedal it continues to snap for another second or two and then stops; not to be heard again until I come back down to a stop.

Here's the interesting part... The car did this when it was new, and it gradually went away. Well last weekend I changed the oil (Motorcraft 5W-20 Synthetic Blend) and the noise instantly came back in full force. And it only does it after the engine is brought up to operating temperature.

Any ideas?
Old 2/26/13, 12:11 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Skandocious
Got a 2013 Mustang GT/CS that makes a snapping sound like an electric BBQ ignitor when I'm coming off of a stop. After the clutch is fully released and my foot is off the pedal it continues to snap for another second or two and then stops; not to be heard again until I come back down to a stop.

Here's the interesting part... The car did this when it was new, and it gradually went away. Well last weekend I changed the oil (Motorcraft 5W-20 Synthetic Blend) and the noise instantly came back in full force. And it only does it after the engine is brought up to operating temperature.

Any ideas?
Hello Skandocious,

Please make an appointment with your Ford dealer and have it checked out. Then, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha