Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Really not liking 3rd gear engagement

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/13, 02:41 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cfraser
No skip-shift on '13s, it's been mentioned many times here and verified by Ford reps too (for those who think we with '13s wouldn't notice the diff between 2 and 4 or whatever it does).
Interesting, I need to unplug the solenoid since it gets on my nerves.
Old 1/21/13, 10:02 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TORMENTOR
So as some of you have read I bought a 2013 GT/CS, well this time around I bought a manual versus the automatic. I havent driven manuals in a very long time so I am getting used to it all over again. No biggy
Anyways I have a problem with gear mesh or engagement when going into 3rd every time I shift. I mean it almost feels like it is hitting the gear teeth (if thats what it is) everytime I shift to 3rd. I dont have any problems with any other gear other than the a notchy feeling but I am gettiig used to that.
Originally Posted by denlem
I have the same issues in the 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift. Almost non-existent in the summer, but before putting it away for the winter and driving in some cold (20º-30º) weather it could be pretty bad for the first 15-20 minutes of driving. There were times when going from 1 to 2 it was like not using the clutch at all, or I missed it totally.
Hey guys,

I recommend you bring it in to your dealer as soon as possible. Then, to PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Originally Posted by conv_stang
Since when do 2013's not have skip-shift?
Originally Posted by Brandon302
Pretty sure they do, I thought it was the 2013 Bosses that don't have it.
No skip-shift on '13s, it's been mentioned many times here and verified by Ford reps too (for those who think we with '13s wouldn't notice the diff between 2 and 4 or whatever it does).
Correct, guys! There is no Skip Shift feature on the 2013 MY.

Deysha
Old 1/21/13, 02:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I was about to say I have NEVER experienced an issue with not being able to shift into the gear that I want. WOW, I feel sorry for the people with this "feature."
Old 1/29/13, 04:10 PM
GT Member

Coming from a Tri-Axed 3650, the MT-82 has a tighter gate on it. I had to change my shifting technique to get any kind of consistency. You almost have to "flick" it into third gear to not get a lock out. If the dealer doesn't see any issues, get a bracket as a minimum. After about 250 miles, I put in an SR shifter and Steeda bracket. Helped 80% of the time, with some lockouts under hard acceleration going from 2nd to third. I am ordering the MGW to fix that last 20%...

Good Luck
Old 2/8/13, 10:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put in a bkk short shifter. shift issue no more except when I am being retarded
it is the flimsy bracket and the shift pattern cut of the stock one that causes the issue.
Old 2/10/13, 09:20 PM
GT Member

Tomorrow I take my car to the dealership to have the Transmission shifting issues looked at along with a creaking rear suspension and the moister issues I'm having with the rear defroster on the inside glass.
Old 2/11/13, 10:28 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey guys,

I recommend you bring it in to your dealer as soon as possible. Then, to PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
PM sent Deysha
Old 2/11/13, 11:25 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by TORMENTOR
PM sent Deysha
Thanks! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 2/11/13, 04:19 PM
GT Member

I dropped the car off at the dealership at 10am and went to check on it at 230pm.
I had the drivers side door looked at because when opening the door the window didnt seem to drop down fast enough (they lubed the track-said its ok now)
Had the rear defrost looked at for issues with water marks on the inside glass when defrost was on (dont know if its fixed or really an issue)
Had the rear suspension looked at for a creaking noise when going over rough surfaces (lubed suspensoin and also the trunk-said its ok now)

They will keep the car until Wednesday so they can dive into the trans issue some more.

So until then I have to just wait it out.