Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Need some advice on 1-2 grind issue!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/12, 08:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need some advice on 1-2 grind issue!!!!

I know this subject is like beating a dead horse and I just bought a newly very low mileage used 2011 Shelby gt500. I knew when buying this vehicle that the chances of the 1-2 gear grinding issue would affect the car. And within the first day of owning this magnificent car sure enough the first time I got on it heavy in first gear it was grind city from first to second gear. Sorry for the rambling, but I have read tons of stuff on this issue to the point to where I don’t know who to get a hold of first to get the ball rolling on having this issue taken care of. Most of the people on another forum said to come here and speak with deysha(fordcustomerservice) on this issue. I also talked in person with someone locally and the local dealership was kind of rude, and he had taken his 2011 Shelby gt500 there on four different occasions on the grinding gear issue, and each time they claimed that the manual states that you shouldn’t be shifting gears at high rpms in relation to the speeds recommend to shift at in the manual. So I am wondering what I should do?
Old 6/10/12, 08:05 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by XxWarEaglexX
I know this subject is like beating a dead horse and I just bought a newly very low mileage used 2011 Shelby gt500. I knew when buying this vehicle that the chances of the 1-2 gear grinding issue would affect the car. And within the first day of owning this magnificent car sure enough the first time I got on it heavy in first gear it was grind city from first to second gear. Sorry for the rambling, but I have read tons of stuff on this issue to the point to where I don’t know who to get a hold of first to get the ball rolling on having this issue taken care of. Most of the people on another forum said to come here and speak with deysha(fordcustomerservice) on this issue. I also talked in person with someone locally and the local dealership was kind of rude, and he had taken his 2011 Shelby gt500 there on four different occasions on the grinding gear issue, and each time they claimed that the manual states that you shouldn’t be shifting gears at high rpms in relation to the speeds recommend to shift at in the manual. So I am wondering what I should do?
Buy an MGW shifter immediately. The problem is in the factory shifter.
Old 6/10/12, 08:17 PM

I have heard of some people saying it fixed the issue and then I have heard some people saying it didnt change a thing
Old 6/10/12, 08:41 PM
Banned

I have heard of some people saying it fixed the issue and then I have heard some people saying it didnt change a thing
Are you experiencing grinding during a power shift or is this just a high rpm normal shift?

95% fix if anyone says different is experiencing driver error. The problem is the stock shifter uses spongy crappy bushings along with a shifter arm.
Old 6/10/12, 08:48 PM

If I am at a dead stop in first gear and I punch it, and i am at around 4500 to 5000 rpms and shift into 2nd gear it grinds until I let off the gas and then shift into 2nd gear. Under normal driving conditions and any other gear it doesnt do it.
Old 6/10/12, 08:52 PM
Banned

If I am at a dead stop in first gear and I punch it, and i am at around 4500 to 5000 rpms and shift into 2nd gear it grinds until I let off the gas and then shift into 2nd gear. Under normal driving conditions and any other gear it doesnt do it.
Shifter!!! I have no doubt
Old 6/11/12, 08:43 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
All the 1st to 2nd grinding issues you've heard about are with the '11+ MT-82 transmission, which your car doesn't have. Everyone seems very pleased with the GT-500 transmission, as far as I've seen.
Old 6/14/12, 06:38 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Welcome to the forum, XxWarEaglexX! Please make an appointment with your Ford dealer and PM me with your full name, VIN, dealer, mileage, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 6/16/12, 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Welcome to the forum, XxWarEaglexX! Please make an appointment with your Ford dealer and PM me with your full name, VIN, dealer, mileage, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the Customer Service Manager for your area.

Deysha
Thank you so much, I am actually thinking about waiting until Oct. when show season is winding down. I can't begin to explain how much I am enjoying the car with that being said, I would have a hard time going two weeks without her right now. I will p.m. you with the info when I decide to take her to the dealership. Again thanks for your support in this ugly issue.
Zach
Old 6/25/12, 12:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Trade it in for a civic si. You'll be stupid fast with no grinding
Old 6/25/12, 01:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Thamac15
Trade it in for a civic si. You'll be stupid fast with no grinding

WHAT!!!!
Old 6/26/12, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars

WHAT!!!!
With as many dumbazz comments I see in a bunch of threads here I just couldn't resist adding one of my own! Lol