Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

My traction control went off by itself today.

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/14, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My traction control came on for no reason today. Was making a left hand turn and gave it a little bit of throttle and the light started flashing on my dash. I turned of traction control but it still flashed. I guess next time I will have to turn off Advancetrac. I'm going to take a video of it next time.
Old 7/4/14, 06:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Could you get someone else to make the video, while you, you know, drive?
Old 7/4/14, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like it is working as designed.
Old 7/7/14, 07:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
This isn't completely related, but you can take some of the information for diagnostic purposes. I've been getting traction control and ABS lights on my Monte Carlo. On the FWD or 4WD vehicles, the front hub assembly has the sensors for traction control in the front. I replaced the hub assemblies on the Monte Carlo and the issue went away. I started having issues again after two months and replaced the passenger hub assembly again. I found the sensor was reading 14 mph faster on the passenger side. The sensor misreading was sending the signals that the tire was spinning and activated traction control. It's starting again and I was told by a shop that I need to find a different brand of hub assembly because the sensors aren't syncing correctly.
Old 7/7/14, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AzPete
Sounds like it is working as designed.
I guess I should have mentioned I was driving like a granny. Let the clutch out at idle, shift at 2500 RPM. All I did was turn at a light and go in a tangent. The brakes were applying themselves for about 20 seconds after the turn.
Old 7/10/14, 08:16 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by dave07
My traction control came on for no reason today. Was making a left hand turn and gave it a little bit of throttle and the light started flashing on my dash. I turned of traction control but it still flashed. I guess next time I will have to turn off Advancetrac. I'm going to take a video of it next time.
Originally Posted by dave07
I guess I should have mentioned I was driving like a granny. Let the clutch out at idle, shift at 2500 RPM. All I did was turn at a light and go in a tangent. The brakes were applying themselves for about 20 seconds after the turn.
Hey dave07,

Have you advised your dealer of this? Also, let me escalate this for you as well. Since I already have your info, PM me with your dealer, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 7/15/14, 05:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got aimed here. Mine did the same thing, too, last week. I'd just pulled out for my morning commute and the light came on and brakes started pulsing. I turned off TCS and it stopped. Then I gave the brakes a good hard application and flipped TCS back on. No problems since. Weird.
Old 7/17/14, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by bkrell
Just got aimed here. Mine did the same thing, too, last week. I'd just pulled out for my morning commute and the light came on and brakes started pulsing. I turned off TCS and it stopped. Then I gave the brakes a good hard application and flipped TCS back on. No problems since. Weird.
Hello bkrell,

Have you addressed this with your dealer? I’d also like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area if needed. Please, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 7/19/14, 02:17 PM
Bullitt Member

This happened on my 12 GT vert today. Wierd. First time I have ever seen this. @ 22,000 miles. I kepth pushing the traction control button on/off and no change. After about the 6th time I pushed it, both lights went off. I'm going to watch it now. I will have my dealer check it out at the next oil change.
Old 7/22/14, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by redneb
This happened on my 12 GT vert today. Wierd. First time I have ever seen this. @ 22,000 miles. I kepth pushing the traction control button on/off and no change. After about the 6th time I pushed it, both lights went off. I'm going to watch it now. I will have my dealer check it out at the next oil change.
Please do so and let me know the outcome, redneb.

Deysha
Old 7/22/14, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by scottmoyer
This isn't completely related, but you can take some of the information for diagnostic purposes. I've been getting traction control and ABS lights on my Monte Carlo. On the FWD or 4WD vehicles, the front hub assembly has the sensors for traction control in the front. I replaced the hub assemblies on the Monte Carlo and the issue went away. I started having issues again after two months and replaced the passenger hub assembly again. I found the sensor was reading 14 mph faster on the passenger side. The sensor misreading was sending the signals that the tire was spinning and activated traction control. It's starting again and I was told by a shop that I need to find a different brand of hub assembly because the sensors aren't syncing correctly.
They told you the sensors weren't syncing? They don't sync at all they are wired. As the wheel spins there's a ring in the hub or on the all axle that's toothed. As the ring goes around, the sensor, which is essentially a magnet, it creates alternating current and relays it back to the bcm. When it notices differences in up and down waves compared to other wheels it applies brakes to whichever wheel it thinks needs it. Shorts in sensor wiring can cause issues, bad wheel bearings, broken teeth on the rings or just bad sensors.
Old 7/24/14, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FordService
Please do so and let me know the outcome, redneb. Deysha
Thanks for the note Deysha. I will let you know if it happens again and what the dealer finds. Love my GT!
Old 7/25/14, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by redneb
Thanks for the note Deysha. I will let you know if it happens again and what the dealer finds. Love my GT!
Great! I appreciate it, redneb.

Deysha
Old 7/26/14, 03:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
It happened to me for the first time today. I have 12k miles. I was driving about 10 or 15 mph about to make a right turn. I pushed on the brake and all of the sudden the brake pedal began pulsating, basically my abs kicked when it shouldn't have. Then I made the right turn and noticed while accelerating slowly that my rear brakes were randomly applied on each rear wheel. I let go of the gas and it went off. These two episodes lasted about 2-3 seconds, I did not see any lights unless I missed seeing them.
Old 9/29/15, 04:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Bump.

Happened again to me today. Anyone have a solution to this?
Old 1/14/19, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 GT - Happened to me too

Two days ago I went to mildly accelerate onto highway and at about 30 mph both lights came on (ABS and Anti skid) and car began lurching to the right and back, to the right and back as if I had a complete flat, or as if my right tire had locked up and released repeatedly, on its own. Pulled over, looked around, saw nothing, got back in and felt it again immediately along with both lights flaring up again. Turned car off and back on and drove slowly off highway. Has not occurred again. And I pray it doesn't. If this happens at high speed it could be fatal.

Last edited by Battman; 1/14/19 at 04:04 PM.