Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

More new transmission/drive line issues.

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/14, 05:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More new transmission/drive line issues.

So I had the car checked at the dealer for crappy shifting last week. After going round and round they updated the shifter, checked fluid and found nothing. I get the car back Wednesday and it's feeling pretty good. Last night, after about 175 miles of driving issues arise. There's a hard clunking when letting off the clutch from a stop and accelerating, the heat coming from the center console is so hot I had to ride with the windows open and it made my change almost unable to pick up with bare hands. The issue won't show itself in reverse and still does it even if you let the clutch out and come to a slow roll then accelerate. Here's the videos....

http://youtu.be/_wWJBVYZ7_Q
http://youtu.be/nuPOeyLIjRU

I have six or seven videos ready to show the dealer Monday morning. They've been nothing but a pain and the tech tried to tell me my transmission is the same as the GT500, ( yeah he is the guy rebuilding them ). They also told me the drained the fluid and it looked perfect. I had a transmission shop drain it today and these are the photos I got of the fluid.

Name:  52C32503-4B85-4B77-B47A-D78D080FAF51.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  81.0 KB

Not sure what's up but I have just about had it with the car and the dealer.
Old 7/26/14, 08:26 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bloodykisses,

That suks man. Hopefully you can get this escalated. You certainly need to deal with a different technician. The current one isn't going to the get job done.

Is there another dealer you can go to?

I love my 6R80 with my 5.0. Very solid/quite/smooth. My differential is noisy as hell but I'm going to solve that soon. If you can believe, I actually got a dealer to order some parts....a miracle....I know...
Old 7/28/14, 01:47 PM

Went to the dealer today and they told me "it wasn't their problem, take it somewhere else". Thanks, Ford.
Old 7/28/14, 02:13 PM

New to the forum, and I am sure others have brought this up...
2012 V6 with AT- Was driving in the city yesterday when the RPM went up to 4-5k and the car wouldn't move- completely unresponsive. Managed to make it into a parking lot, turned car on a off a couple of times, wrench light came on. Absolute disaster.

The car is now running fine and transmission is not making noises any more- but this kind of problem in a car with less than 35k miles on it is unacceptable!
Old 7/28/14, 06:22 PM
GT Member

Wow Bloodykisses!

I was at my Lockhart Ford dealer the other day. I went up there to talk to a tech I know up there who owns a mustang 5.0. The service manager came out and chewed me out. Something about not buying my cars from his dealership, only bringing him warranty work and that I can't keep coming up there. He chewed me out in front of like 4 other customers. I've only been up there like 3 times in the past year. I've engaged Ford customer service on the terrible attitude he had with me. He used this tone with me like he was talking with the worst person on the planet.

Right now I'm dealing with a service manager from another dealer 60 miles away. At least they have the decency to listen to me. They have my rear-end parts on order , by some miracle.

My engine tick should be resolved by un-bolting the trans and inspecting the flywheel and torque converter then bolting it all back up. That's what solved it before with a different 2014 GT I had that got totaled in a car crash.

Last edited by jc46002003; 7/28/14 at 06:23 PM.
Old 7/28/14, 06:31 PM

Yeah mine was bought 1300 miles away in Florida so i think our cases may be similar. I just want the car put back to the awesome machine it was. Sadly I have a $50,000 paper weight sitting in the garage at the time of year I should be enjoying it.
Old 7/29/14, 06:33 PM
GT Member

yup yup, these dealers punt people at lightning speed!

Did you PM Deysha? for escalation? https://themustangsource.com/members...ervice-111098/
Old 7/30/14, 03:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bloodykisses
Went to the dealer today and they told me "it wasn't their problem, take it somewhere else". Thanks, Ford.
How is that? I watched those videos, could they not replicate that noise?
Old 7/30/14, 09:48 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bloodykisses
Keep working with your CSM, Bloddykisses. Let me know what they say.

Originally Posted by border-dvl
New to the forum, and I am sure others have brought this up...
2012 V6 with AT- Was driving in the city yesterday when the RPM went up to 4-5k and the car wouldn't move- completely unresponsive. Managed to make it into a parking lot, turned car on a off a couple of times, wrench light came on. Absolute disaster.

The car is now running fine and transmission is not making noises any more- but this kind of problem in a car with less than 35k miles on it is unacceptable!
Welcome to the forum, border-dvl! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. I recommend you bring it in and speak to your service manager about this. He is in the best position to ensure a proper diagnosis, and will be able to provide available options and/or coverage for any work needed.

You can schedule an appointment online here.

Originally Posted by jc46002003
yup yup, these dealers punt people at lightning speed!
Did you PM Deysha? for escalation?
Thanks for the mention, jc46002003.

Deysha