Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

HELP- Continuous Brake Issue/Squeak on 2010GT

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/12, 07:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP- Continuous Brake Issue/Squeak on 2010GT

I am looking for any sort of guidance or feedback on a constant brake issue I have had with my 2010 Mustang GT. I purchased the vehicle back in 12/2010, new. By 2/2011 I started noticing a squeaking sound when I would lightly apply the brakes. It is most prevalent when the brakes are applied more lightly then hard. Also, from time to time, just after the brakes are applied and you are driving at low speeds there is squeaking occurring (without applying the brakes), as if the brakes are still applied and rubbing (same squeak that you hear when lightly applying the brakes). When I brought the vehicle in the dealership could not find an issue. Fine. As the weeks progressed the squeaking became more frequent and louder. Now begins the ongoing cycle of having work done to the brakes:

-4/2010: Rear Pads were replaced. Noise went away.
-Noise returned.
-3/2011: Technician cleaned caliper/slides of left rear brake system. Noise went away.
-Noise returned again.
- 8/2011: Found the rear rotors to be warped. Unsure of what work was completed.
- 10/2011: Replaced front and rear brake pads and machined rotors. Noise went away.
-Noise returned once again.
-2/2012: Replaced rear pads, parking brake cables and rotors. Noise went away.
- As of 8/2012 the squeaking noise from the brakes has returned.

All the work above was completed at a dealership in Maryland. I have since moved to Maine. I brought the car in to a new dealership to set up an appointment and explained the noise issue. The service department evaluated the service log that was completed on my car and summarized that the brake pads have been replaced twice as well as the rotors twice. They also stated that the warranty for the brakes is no more (expires at 18K and my car has 23K). They ALSO stated that the previous dealership should have called in a FORD field tech/engineer to evaluate the problem, which I don't recall them doing nor is there any paper work documenting this. This new dealership tells me all they can do is evaluate the problem and go from there. They are not allowed to call a FORD tech/engineer into the situation because it is only their first time looking into this, even though this is the fifth time I have brought the car in for work and it has been ongoing for 2+ years.

Summary: I paid good money for this car that hasn't worked properly two months after I bought it! Any one have ideas on what my options are? More importantly, WHAT IS THE ON GOING PROBLEM? What else could/should they be looking for that is causing this problem? I appreciate any sort of feedback. Thanks!
Old 9/12/12, 07:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
First, you need to PM Deysha your name, dealership and VIN. She will escualate the issue and it will be documented. Her username on here is FordCustomerService.

I wouldn't back down on making them fix it under warranty, it's been an ongoing issue that they failed to fix. As to the actual issue, I would hope that they are checking for obvious things like sticking calipers, E-brake line, or hydrualic issue. Looks like they suspected a sticking caliper since they tore it down and cleaned it.
Old 9/12/12, 08:35 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by sherv33
I am looking for any sort of guidance or feedback on a constant brake issue I have had with my 2010 Mustang GT. I purchased the vehicle back in 12/2010, new. By 2/2011 I started noticing a squeaking sound when I would lightly apply the brakes.
Originally Posted by Planeswalker
First, you need to PM Deysha your name, dealership and VIN. She will escualate the issue and it will be documented. Her username on here is FordCustomerService.
Hey sherv33,

As Planeswalker mentioned, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can look into this for you. I can also get it escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area if needed.

Deysha
Old 9/12/12, 11:01 AM

Thanks Planeswalker! I appreciate.
Old 9/12/12, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hey sherv33,

As Planeswalker mentioned, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can look into this for you. I can also get it escalated to the Customer Service Manager for your area if needed.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha! I appreciate it. I am sending that info to you now.
Old 9/12/12, 11:13 AM
GT Member

I have the same issue on my 10 GT with the squeaking but it only happens when I am going slow and I brake or when I'm reaching a stop at a light or something. It is quite annoying but isk what to do about it. I haven't taken it to the dealer becaus I know they are going to want money and I dont have all the money in the world to give to them. I bought my about a year and a half ago. I always thought it was because there cheap breaks but who knows. Then again ur problem might be worse than mine!
Old 9/13/12, 09:12 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by sherv33
Thanks Deysha! I appreciate it. I am sending that info to you now.
Thanks, sherv33. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by LMNO
I have the same issue on my 10 GT with the squeaking but it only happens when I am going slow and I brake or when I'm reaching a stop at a light or something. It is quite annoying but isk what to do about it. I haven't taken it to the dealer becaus I know they are going to want money and I dont have all the money in the world to give to them. I bought my about a year and a half ago. I always thought it was because there cheap breaks but who knows. Then again ur problem might be worse than mine!
I recommend you make an appointment with your Ford dealer for diagnosis, LMNO. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can also look into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha