Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Find the right dealer!

Search this Thread

Old 12/2/11, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Find the right dealer!

I just wanted to write anyone in here that is having problems with their vehicle. I've had some issues with mine, literally from the first day of purchase.

It wasn't until recently where I changed dealers and service departments that I've finally had resolution to some of these issues.

IMHO it's crucial to find a dealership that understands your concerns and is committed to resolving them for you. This past week I picked my car up back from the shop after having a transmission replacement done as well as a look in to possible engine problems that have been with the car since purchase.

The car with the replaced transmission is wonderful. No more annoying whine and shift engagement is much more positive feeling than the car ever had before. Though, I did not ever have shifting issues such as blocked shifts or grinds. Shifting was jut a little vague.

The new dealership I went to, although out of the way for me, took the time to really diagnose the issues on the car and make sure that I was happy with the outcome.

The old dealer I was working with, although I had also been working with Ford CS, was less than helpful. They were courteous, but it's apparent now that they did the bare minimum with the vehicle. To the point that Ford really didn't know what was going on with the car that needed to be addressed.

So, there is hope! You just need to work with the right people! Talk with the service departments, and work with Ford Customer Service. They'll get you all squared away!

Cheers!
Old 12/2/11, 01:54 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by jlmounce
I just wanted to write anyone in here that is having problems with their vehicle. I've had some issues with mine, literally from the first day of purchase.

It wasn't until recently where I changed dealers and service departments that I've finally had resolution to some of these issues.

IMHO it's crucial to find a dealership that understands your concerns and is committed to resolving them for you. This past week I picked my car up back from the shop after having a transmission replacement done as well as a look in to possible engine problems that have been with the car since purchase.

The car with the replaced transmission is wonderful. No more annoying whine and shift engagement is much more positive feeling than the car ever had before. Though, I did not ever have shifting issues such as blocked shifts or grinds. Shifting was jut a little vague.

The new dealership I went to, although out of the way for me, took the time to really diagnose the issues on the car and make sure that I was happy with the outcome.

The old dealer I was working with, although I had also been working with Ford CS, was less than helpful. They were courteous, but it's apparent now that they did the bare minimum with the vehicle. To the point that Ford really didn't know what was going on with the car that needed to be addressed.

So, there is hope! You just need to work with the right people! Talk with the service departments, and work with Ford Customer Service. They'll get you all squared away!

Cheers!
Great feedback and post, jlmounce!

Deysha
Old 12/3/11, 09:35 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
.....and why not put dealer names so others in your area know who to use and who to avoid. ....
Old 12/3/11, 10:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Originally Posted by AzPete
.....and why not put dealer names so others in your area know who to use and who to avoid. ....
I also wondered that as well.
Old 12/3/11, 11:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Marshall Ford, in Marshall Tx, has a service dept like this. They are truly amazing and try to help in any way they can.

As an added benefit, my aftermarket mechanic worked for them before opening his own shop. So, they trust his work and call him up to compare notes on my cars.

I would continue saying just how awesome they are, but I don't Deysha to report them for being TO GOOD!!!
Old 12/4/11, 12:31 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Marshall Ford, in Marshall Tx, has a service dept like this. They are truly amazing and try to help in any way they can.

As an added benefit, my aftermarket mechanic worked for them before opening his own shop. So, they trust his work and call him up to compare notes on my cars.

I would continue saying just how awesome they are, but I don't Deysha to report them for being TO GOOD!!!
Where in Texas you @ ?
Old 12/5/11, 12:09 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
East Texas, in Marshall right now.
Old 12/5/11, 08:50 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
East Texas, in Marshall right now.
Oh I'm around daingerfield
Old 12/5/11, 09:24 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Hey now, they like kudos too, Planeswalker! This is awesome to hear too, though!

Deysha
Old 12/5/11, 10:09 AM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I highly recommend Van Bortel Ford in East Rochester, NY. They are totally focused on making the customer happy and doing things right.