Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Dashboard lights aren't working

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/12, 03:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dashboard lights aren't working

Hi everyone, I've been a regular reader of this forum since a couple of months and I have to say it is AMAZING!

Recently my dad got his brand new 2012 v6 Mustang and it is incredible! Especially if you compare it with his old (Now mine =D) '07 v6 Mustang.

Everything was ok with the car, but a since a couple of days ago some of the dashboard lights aren't working. The Info/setup/reset buttons, the Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel and the whole center console (traction control/tilt lights/trunk and the P/R/N/D....from the Auto shift ****).

Has anybody else faced this problem? Could it be a fuse or something minor like that? I want to know if I can fix it myself and avoid going to the dealership to wait for a MILLION hour diagnose, just to be informed that they changed a fuse and now everything is working perfectly.

Thanks guys!
Old 1/7/12, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting...

Does the car run ok?
Old 1/8/12, 12:32 AM

Yup, everything is working fine, it's just the lights on those components that are not working. I read the owners manual, and I couldn't find an specific fuse that controls those lights, but there are a couple that say something related to the dashboard illumination, so I guess I'll check them tomorrow and see if they are ok.
Old 1/8/12, 03:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

I had the same issue with my 2000 Ford Stranger but it was a faulty instrument cluster. Did you get the car with a warranty that will cove this kind of issue? The only option I can see is to disassemble the dash and test your wiring if you can't locate a fuse for the lights that are out.
Old 1/8/12, 07:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Simply use the warranty that Ford has supplied. The fuse is not bad if some of the lights are working.
Old 1/9/12, 07:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ramiro1989
Hi everyone, I've been a regular reader of this forum since a couple of months and I have to say it is AMAZING!
Recently my dad got his brand new 2012 v6 Mustang and it is incredible! Especially if you compare it with his old (Now mine =D) '07 v6 Mustang.

Everything was ok with the car, but a since a couple of days ago some of the dashboard lights aren't working. The Info/setup/reset buttons, the Cruise control buttons on the steering wheel and the whole center console (traction control/tilt lights/trunk and the P/R/N/D....from the Auto shift ****).
Hello ramiro1989,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I definitely agree with you taking to your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Your Service Manager will be in the best position to assist you with this and check for TSBs, Recalls, Customer Satisfaction Programs, and any warranties left on your vehicle. Also, Please PM me with your VIN, mileage, contact info (dad’s name as well), and dealer so I can look into this further for you.

Deysha
Old 1/11/12, 05:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Pete07GT
I had the same issue with my 2000 Ford Stranger but it was a faulty instrument cluster. Did you get the car with a warranty that will cove this kind of issue? The only option I can see is to disassemble the dash and test your wiring if you can't locate a fuse for the lights that are out.
I woudl think the only option you could see is taking it to a dealer considering its a 2012.. why would you suggest they disassemble a dash on a brand new car?
Old 5/13/17, 03:08 PM

Dash problems

What was the true problem? My 2012 mustang has the same issues. The dash lights will suddenly stop working, the gauges will all fall too. Strangely, the radio still works, it still runs and even the cruise control works during these episodes. Then as suddenly as the dash goes out, it will come back on. I mean, every light will come on.