Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Chirp in Serpentine Belt

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/15, 08:35 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chirp in Serpentine Belt

I've been battling this chirping in my serpentine belt for a couple of years now. It can be difficult to reproduce so my dealer hasn't been able to permanently fix it after a couple of belt replacements and even a tensioner replacement.
It seems to come and go, maybe based on the weather and how much I've driven the car that day/week, but hard to pinpoint the variables exactly. As demonstrated in the video linked above it goes away for a few minutes when I squirt water on the belt.

Last night I took the belt off and gave the belt and the pullies a good cleaning. It still was happening this morning. Any other ideas? I can't really bring it back to the dealership without something more specific and reproducible because I'm getting charged for the ESP diagnostic deductible now.
Old 2/10/15, 11:26 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sounds like the beginning of a jazz song
Old 2/13/15, 08:40 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Zathu
I've been battling this chirping in my serpentine belt for a couple of years now. It can be difficult to reproduce so my dealer hasn't been able to permanently fix it after a couple of belt replacements and even a tensioner replacement.
It seems to come and go, maybe based on the weather and how much I've driven the car that day/week, but hard to pinpoint the variables exactly. As demonstrated in the video linked above it goes away for a few minutes when I squirt water on the belt.

Last night I took the belt off and gave the belt and the pullies a good cleaning. It still was happening this morning. Any other ideas? I can't really bring it back to the dealership without something more specific and reproducible because I'm getting charged for the ESP diagnostic deductible now.
Let’s get this chirping issue escalated for you, Zathu. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha