Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Any TSB yet on the creaky front suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/12, 01:21 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
creaky groany front suspension is back, and it was only 60 out yesterday... Guess aftermarket is the only way to go to fix this, I'm sick and tired of the teeter-totter effect from acceleration and breaking anyhow... plus the car needs to be lowered... I know what my spring project will be....
Old 11/8/12, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Xar
creaky groany front suspension is back, and it was only 60 out yesterday... Guess aftermarket is the only way to go to fix this, I'm sick and tired of the teeter-totter effect from acceleration and breaking anyhow... plus the car needs to be lowered... I know what my spring project will be....
what aftermarket front lower control arms are you planning to replace the defective C series arms with?
Old 11/8/12, 03:41 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Will3212
what aftermarket front lower control arms are you planning to replace the defective C series arms with?
I'm still researching this, I figure if I'm going to start I might as well set a budget and fix a few things at once... we'll see where my budget is in the spring but I'll set a prelim at $2000 and see what I can get. I don't race the car, but I am real tired of accelerating at night and seeing my headlights illuminate an additional 40 feet in front of me.... or breaking and not seeing beyond 10 feet... LOL

it's really too bad as I wanted to wait on the suspension until 2014...
Old 1/7/13, 02:19 PM

Well, after my dealer replaced the lower control arms I thought my problem was solved. The creaking sound is back after 3 months, I guess aftermarket really is the solution.
Old 1/8/13, 08:44 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by sdch1000
Well, after my dealer replaced the lower control arms I thought my problem was solved. The creaking sound is back after 3 months, I guess aftermarket really is the solution.
Let me escalate this to the customer service manager of your area, sdch1000. Please, make an appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Old 1/8/13, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Let me escalate this to the customer service manager of your area, sdch1000. Please, make an appointment and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Deysha
Thanks for the help Deysha. With all the upgrades I've got planned this weekend I'm pretty sure my dealer won't honor that part of the warranty anymore, LOL.
Old 1/9/13, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by sdch1000
Thanks for the help Deysha. With all the upgrades I've got planned this weekend I'm pretty sure my dealer won't honor that part of the warranty anymore, LOL.
You can have them install the parts and speak to them about your warranty. This may help with future concerns.

Deysha
Old 2/2/13, 10:38 PM

Mine makes a similar noise but from the back of the car and of course they replaced the rear sway bar 3 times and it comes back after 2 weeks every single time. Clearly it's the rear sway bar and links, but for some reason the bushings fail after 2 weeks or the lubricant goes away that fast? Here's my noise.

My car makes the exact same noise that it seems like everyone else is experiencing. I don't know what's causing my rear sway bar to continue to wear out, but I can promise everyone that it is the sway bar (if it's coming from the back.) I've had the rear sway bar and links replaced 3 times now and it continues to happen. My dealership has been awesome throughout the process, but it's annoying that it continues to come back. I have had the sway bar removed and it goes away completely.

What's confusing is that when they replaced the sway bar, the noise goes away for like 2 weeks and then comes back yet again! Please Ford fix this so I don't have to deal with this super annoying noise in Michigan!

Old 2/4/13, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by MustangGTCS13
Mine makes a similar noise but from the back of the car and of course they replaced the rear sway bar 3 times and it comes back after 2 weeks every single time. Clearly it's the rear sway bar and links, but for some reason the bushings fail after 2 weeks or the lubricant goes away that fast? Here's my noise...
Let me escalate this to the customer service manager for your area, MustangGTCS13. PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 5/20/13, 12:38 AM

I own a 2012 v6 and am also having problems with a very noisy front suspension. I would love to have this problem fixed....it's driving me crazy! Let me know if it's ok and I will also PM you my information
Old 5/20/13, 09:42 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MustangGTCS13
...but I can promise everyone that it is the sway bar (if it's coming from the back.)

... I've had the rear sway bar and links replaced 3 times now and it continues to happen.
Do you see how your statements conflict? There are many threads, here and in other Mustang forums, saying they have had this and that replaced X times and the noise comes back in 2 weeks or a month etc.

I can absolutely guarantee there are other sources of the same noise at the rear that are not the sway bar/bushings. It would be so easy if it always was the sway bar/bushings so we could get the **** thing fixed easily and once. IOW, sometimes it may *not* be the sway bar, so look elsewhere. You know the saying: if you keep doing the same thing and expect different results...
Old 5/20/13, 12:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cfraser

Do you see how your statements conflict? There are many threads, here and in other Mustang forums, saying they have had this and that replaced X times and the noise comes back in 2 weeks or a month etc.

I can absolutely guarantee there are other sources of the same noise at the rear that are not the sway bar/bushings. It would be so easy if it always was the sway bar/bushings so we could get the **** thing fixed easily and once. IOW, sometimes it may *not* be the sway bar, so look elsewhere. You know the saying: if you keep doing the same thing and expect different results...
Unfortunately, you correct. My rear end noise was attributed to so many things before it was finally fixed. My mustang ended up needing a new rear axle.
Old 5/20/13, 03:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone have this problem on 2013's or just the 12's
Old 5/21/13, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by dave100us
I own a 2012 v6 and am also having problems with a very noisy front suspension. I would love to have this problem fixed....it's driving me crazy! Let me know if it's ok and I will also PM you my information
You’re more than welcome to, dave100us. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Deysha
Old 5/29/13, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
You’re more than welcome to, dave100us. I’ll be more than happy to help.

Deysha
Thanks...PM Sent
Old 5/30/13, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by dave100us
Thanks...PM Sent
Awesome! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 5/30/13, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

[QUOTE=cfraser;6627638]
I can absolutely guarantee there are other sources of the same noise at the rear that are not the sway bar/bushings. QUOTE]

I agree. As an example, it might even be the tighter wound coils of the springs slapping each other on rough bumps. Sometimes rubber isolators are used on the first coil of a spring as a damper.
Old 6/16/13, 08:09 PM
GT Member

I have a 2012 GT and I experienced this NOISE this evening on the way home. It began when I took off from a stop. I have a manual tranny. It was like a couple of "errk... eerk..." Kind of a groan more than a squeak. Seemed to be coming from the front left. I made a couple more stops and the noise repeated each time I took off.

From reading all the posts on here, it sounds similar to the LCA issue so many of you have experienced. Does the replacement of the LCA solve this for any of you, or does the noise keep coming back?

Thanks.
Old 6/16/13, 08:11 PM
GT Member

Neglected to mention that the car has always been susceptible to tramlining on uneven roads. I noticed this from the start. It was like the front end was "light" so to speak, if you know what I mean. I don't know if this is connected with the noise or not. I just turned 10,000 miles on today.
Old 6/17/13, 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Broadway
I have a 2012 GT and I experienced this NOISE this evening on the way home. It began when I took off from a stop. I have a manual tranny. It was like a couple of "errk... eerk..." Kind of a groan more than a squeak. Seemed to be coming from the front left. I made a couple more stops and the noise repeated each time I took off.
From reading all the posts on here, it sounds similar to the LCA issue so many of you have experienced. Does the replacement of the LCA solve this for any of you, or does the noise keep coming back?

Thanks.
Hi Michael Broadway,

I recommend you bring it in to your Ford dealer and have it checked out. Also, please PM me with your VIN, dealer, full name, mileage, and best daytime number so I can escalate this to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha

Quick Reply: Any TSB yet on the creaky front suspension?