Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Any TSB yet on the creaky front suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 8/20/12, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any TSB yet on the creaky front suspension?

I have a 2012 mustang GT with 9000 miles on it now. I have had a creaky front suspension since I bought the car new a year ago. I have brought it to the dealer 5 times and they swapped out the front lower control arms 3 times. Every time they swap it out, the noise will go away for about a month then return. It usually only happens on a hot day (80 degree+) and after driving the car for 20 minutes. Ford has NOT been able to fix this problem, I have called Ford myself, and even had Deysha help me out, nothing worked. I considered suing Ford and Lemoning the car but was told it can't happen. This video shows EXACTLY the problem I am having. Please.. if anyone has a solution or advise it'll be greatly appreciated. I saved up years for my car and would be so glad if this awful noise that makes my car sound 20 years old goes away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNyNFR03-qE
Old 8/20/12, 11:55 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have that issue some what..

also you can not lemon a car for something that doesnt affect the ability to drive the car. Trust me I have gone though the process. You also cannot sue for money as compensation for having to deal with the noise.
Old 8/20/12, 12:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Reach over to the volume **** and turn it clockwise until you can no longer hear the creaky suspension.
Old 8/20/12, 12:40 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by GRN 5OH
Reach over to the volume **** and turn it clockwise until you can no longer hear the creaky suspension.
and/or get a louder exhaust system. It also helps to be older and high-tone deaf. I think I have a creaky LCA in my Boss. But I cannot hear it over the exhaust due to GT500 axlebacks and no restrictor plates in my side exhaust. I also cannot hear the radio.
Old 8/20/12, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

I have some squeaks up there also ,seems like its worse when it rains .Im eventually just gonna change out everything i think the problem is the stock parts and im not wasting my time with putting the same parts back in. Im saving now to just upgrade everything along with some steeda sport springs
Old 8/20/12, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GRN 5OH
That fixes everything or just get some Roush Axelbacks
Old 8/20/12, 01:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Try lubing the sway bar bushings...It made my squeaky front end go away. As soon as I can afford it, I'm replacing the sway bars!
Old 8/20/12, 01:48 PM
GT Member

I'm getting the LCA's replaced under warranty later this week. I told the dealer it is likely the sway bars but they digged up some TSB so they insist doing LCA first.
We'll see.
Old 8/20/12, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Trumpetlon
Try lubing the sway bar bushings...It made my squeaky front end go away. As soon as I can afford it, I'm replacing the sway bars!
was your noise the same noise in the video? Also, after lubing the front sway bar did the creak go away permanently?
I was thinking about buying this http://www.americanmuscle.com/hr-fro...ar-1112gt.html what you think?

Last edited by Will3212; 8/20/12 at 10:29 PM.
Old 8/21/12, 09:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Will3212
was your noise the same noise in the video? Also, after lubing the front sway bar did the creak go away permanently?
I was thinking about buying this http://www.americanmuscle.com/hr-fro...ar-1112gt.html what you think?
I have the same exact noise as in the video. Lubing the front sway bar bushings does make it go away for a while, but a good rain is all it takes to bring it back. I'll be changing my sway bars out ASAP.
Old 8/21/12, 02:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Trumpetlon
I have the same exact noise as in the video. Lubing the front sway bar bushings does make it go away for a while, but a good rain is all it takes to bring it back. I'll be changing my sway bars out ASAP.
I just brought it to a car shop by my house today. The technician sat in my car and I took him over a speed bump, we both heard the noise. He put my car on the lift at the shop and tightened all the screws of what he called the frame. I don't know the exact term but it's the frame that holds the engine, control arms, and sway bar. He used an air gun to tighten the screws then we went over the same speed bump, to my surprise....the noise was gone. He also lubed everything, however, he said the lubricant doesn't do anything....your screws wasn't tight enough. I don't know if this is a permanent fix or not, I told him I'll bring it back if I hear the noise again. I paid him $25. Hopefully the noise won't return. I'll keep you guys posted.
Old 8/21/12, 02:51 PM
V6 Member

Sounds like he had to tighten the k-member bolts from what you describe.
Old 8/21/12, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ThePope
Sounds like he had to tighten the k-member bolts from what you describe.
you think these k member bolts can really cause an awful squeak or you think it was just a temp fix.
Old 8/21/12, 04:53 PM
Team Mustang Source

you think these k member bolts can really cause an awful squeak or you think it was just a temp fix.
Only time will tell. Keep us in the loop.
Old 8/21/12, 07:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Can someone give more info on the K member bolts? Someone else had a squeaking issue on this board and the solution was tightening a bolt.. maybe it was an engine mount bolt?
Old 8/22/12, 02:23 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by SlowRiderr
Can someone give more info on the K member bolts? Someone else had a squeaking issue on this board and the solution was tightening a bolt.. maybe it was an engine mount bolt?
I would think a loose engine mount would cause a scary shaking.
Old 8/22/12, 05:18 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
By now I'll assume you filled the gas tank (noticed your low fuel light was on in the video. It was mentioned here that driving with low fuel can damage the fuel pump. It's submersed in the tank, and can overheat and fail over time if you drive around alot with low fuel.
Old 8/22/12, 06:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Bucko
By now I'll assume you filled the gas tank (noticed your low fuel light was on in the video. It was mentioned here that driving with low fuel can damage the fuel pump. It's submersed in the tank, and can overheat and fail over time if you drive around alot with low fuel.
Is one of those old myth that refuses to die. I do it all the time, 22k plus miles and not issue yet. My Honda has 160k miles still on original fuel pump. My friends do it all the time also. There would be a warning somewhere in the car if this was true.
Old 8/22/12, 01:06 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by newpony
Is one of those old myth that refuses to die. I do it all the time, 22k plus miles and not issue yet. My Honda has 160k miles still on original fuel pump. My friends do it all the time also. There would be a warning somewhere in the car if this was true.
The head tech at three different ford dealers says its fact.. Not a myth at all. Stop spreading misinformation! No point in doing it... unless you can not afford to fill the tank then fill the tank.
Old 8/22/12, 02:33 PM
GT Member

I have a 2012 mustang GT with 9000 miles on it now. I have had a creaky front suspension since I bought the car new a year ago. I have brought it to the dealer 5 times and they swapped out the front lower control arms 3 times. Every time they swap it out, the noise will go away for about a month then return. It usually only happens on a hot day (80 degree+) and after driving the car for 20 minutes. Ford has NOT been able to fix this problem, I have called Ford myself, and even had Deysha help me out, nothing worked. I considered suing Ford and Lemoning the car but was told it can't happen. This video shows EXACTLY the problem I am having. Please.. if anyone has a solution or advise it'll be greatly appreciated. I saved up years for my car and would be so glad if this awful noise that makes my car sound 20 years old goes away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNyNFR03-qE
That is awful! Ford is better than this!!! Did you try a different dealer to see if they could solve the problem? Also, we're the upper strut mounts inspected/changed?

Quick Reply: Any TSB yet on the creaky front suspension?