Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

All service bulletins on the 2011 5.0 Avl.

Search this Thread

Old 8/21/11, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All service bulletins on the 2011 5.0 Avl.

Just wanted to know if there is a thread open that puts all of the known bulletins in one topic. I have multi issues related to my 5.0. Seems I may have gotten a bad one. 6spd 1-2 man trans grinding/hard shifting issue. Rear brakes squeel/brembo pkg. Fuel gauge and miles to empty go to 0 at apx 75-80 miles left 1/4 tank apx intermittenly. As well as some other issues I have. I took it in to have checked out at my local ford dealer. Was told that if I wanted to pay 75.00 per each item/each line or issue printed on the service order they will check it out. Car is 6 mths old less than 2500 miles on it. Was told by them there are no known bulletins out that back up my issues. So this brings me to my question. Are there #'s for each of the service bulletins for the above issues that i can print out and take back to ford to get these repairs done under warrinty. I think the cars were rushed to market with known mechanical problems and dump on us to sort out as the problems cropped up. I think it is a discrace that we pay 35K for a car and within a few months a truck load of problems start showing up. If this was on only a few isolated cases that would be one thing but there seems to be major problems with the 2011 5.0 and I for one am tired of being told by ford that these problems do not exsist. And be told I have to PAY!!! to have these problems looked at that are clearly factory defects. So if any one else has been in my spot on their 5.0's could please let me know the R/C's as well as as many of the FSB #'s so I have some tangable printable proof to take in to them that would be great. Thanks in advance to all that can respond.
Old 8/23/11, 10:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Send a PM to Deysha, screen name FordCustomerService, here on the board. She will escalate your issue and get you taken care of!

Send issue, dealer info, and VIN of your car.

Sorry to hear you are having all these issues, I was the same way with my '06. Stick in there and you will be enjoying your car soon.

Last edited by Planeswalker; 8/23/11 at 10:30 AM.
Old 8/23/11, 11:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by COYOTE DAVE
Just wanted to know if there is a thread open that puts all of the known bulletins in one topic. I have multi issues related to my 5.0. Seems I may have gotten a bad one. 6spd 1-2 man trans grinding/hard shifting issue. Rear brakes squeel/brembo pkg. Fuel gauge and miles to empty go to 0 at apx 75-80 miles left 1/4 tank apx intermittenly. As well as some other issues I have. I took it in to have checked out at my local ford dealer. Was told that if I wanted to pay 75.00 per each item/each line or issue printed on the service order they will check it out. Car is 6 mths old less than 2500 miles on it. Was told by them there are no known bulletins out that back up my issues. So this brings me to my question. Are there #'s for each of the service bulletins for the above issues that i can print out and take back to ford to get these repairs done under warrinty. I think the cars were rushed to market with known mechanical problems and dump on us to sort out as the problems cropped up. I think it is a discrace that we pay 35K for a car and within a few months a truck load of problems start showing up. If this was on only a few isolated cases that would be one thing but there seems to be major problems with the 2011 5.0 and I for one am tired of being told by ford that these problems do not exsist. And be told I have to PAY!!! to have these problems looked at that are clearly factory defects. So if any one else has been in my spot on their 5.0's could please let me know the R/C's as well as as many of the FSB #'s so I have some tangable printable proof to take in to them that would be great. Thanks in advance to all that can respond.
Definitely PM Deysha. But also change dealers. Even if Deysha can knock some sense into them, they will do the same thing the next time you need service. When a dealer tells you something like that its from 1 of 3 issues:

1. They just want to rip you off for an analysis fee or two (or would rather do that then bill Ford). The fact they don't have TSBs means nothing. Parts fail or were put on wrong from the factory without it always being a mass problem.

2. They got burned by Ford for trying to rip them off with bogus or excessive charges and are now being monitored with a microscope.

3. Their techs are so bad/slow they lose a lot doing warranty repairs for what Ford pays them.

Run, don't walk to another dealer.
Old 8/23/11, 10:24 PM

Thanks guys. the real problem right now is the fuel sending unit. Today my wife was coming back from one of her college classes and it did it agian except now the tank was at 3/4 full and it dropped to 85 miles to empty and the fuel needle dropped to apx 1/4 tank. She said it was like that for a mile or so then popped back to 3/4 agian. It seems the problem starts at axp 75-85 miles to empty apx 1/4 tank or goes to 85 miles no matter how much fuel you have in the tank. It is nearly impossable to get to happen and stay that way long enough to get to a ford dealer. for now I am just keeping the tank full to the top. cant trust the info coming from the dash at this point. Thanks agian for the info and the friendly support.
Old 8/23/11, 11:08 PM
GT Member

I had some weird fuel gauge things happening around 4000 miles. I actually had the car in the shop on a check engine light and when I got the car back I now notice about 255 Miles Per Tank. Big improvement from what it used to be around 200.

Side note: Car is currently in the shop waiting on a timing chain and chain tensioner pulley to arrive to eliminate a weird grinding sound. Car will be in the shop for about 28 days total.

Old 8/24/11, 09:51 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Send a PM to Deysha, screen name FordCustomerService, here on the board. She will escalate your issue and get you taken care of!
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
Definitely PM Deysha.
+2! Thanks, guys!!
Originally Posted by COYOTE DAVE
6spd 1-2 man trans grinding/hard shifting issue. Rear brakes squeel/brembo pkg. Fuel gauge and miles to empty go to 0 at apx 75-80 miles left 1/4 tank apx intermittenly. As well as some other issues I have.
Hey COYOTE DAVE,
Sorry to hear about this. Please private message me with your dealer, VIN, and contact info so I can help get this escalated for you.

Deysha