Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

3 days at the dealership service dept and still leaking

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/15, 07:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 3 days at the dealership service dept and still leaking

I took my 2014 Mustang back to the dealership on 6-1. Met with the service director and showed him where my window was leaking and the side mirror that was taken apart on the previous visit and not put back on correctly. I explained that it was leaking water into the door and messing up the speakers and he pretty much ignored me. He also decided that the water in the floor was not coming from the window but from somewhere else. I picked up the car today 6-4. Got home and proceeded to spray the dust off my car, looked through the window and there were drops of water all over the seat where it had come through the seal on the window. So I went to the other side of the car where I could see better and it was still leaking in all the places that I had told the Service Director about. So I called the Service Dept again to tell them that it was not fixed, I was put on hold for the Service Director, I waited about 10 minutes for him to answer. He never came to the phone. And I won't know if it will leak into the floor until it rains again. But from their track record, I doubt that it is fixed. I am extremely frustrated with these people ! Not only is this an inconvenience but I have lost time at work taking this car and picking it up. Not to mention all the gas that I have to pay for in the rental vehicle that uses twice as much as my car does. So very tired of all this !

Donna
Old 6/4/15, 08:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Is yours a coupe or a convertible?
Old 6/4/15, 09:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You need to enlist the help of your new big sister, Deysha.
Old 6/4/15, 09:17 PM

It is a Coupe and I sent a message to Deysha this afternoon. Just waiting to hear back from her.
Old 6/4/15, 09:21 PM
Cobra Member

Mine is a convertible and the driver's door window was not properly adjusted at the factory. It did not go up as far as the passenger side. You could see it with the top down in the way it mated to the rear windows - the driver's side was about 1/4" too low. You could also see it in the way it met the weather seal. The driver's side just touched it while the passenger side pressed into it. My dealer adjusted it and all is well now. Perhaps your windows are not rising as high as they should.
Old 6/4/15, 09:33 PM

Supposedly they adjusted the window. Unsure since I was not given a copy of the work that was performed. Said they would mail it to me. But I found out today that a friend works in the service office accounts section. I am going to give her a call in the morning and see if she will email the paperwork to me so I can see exactly what was done.
Old 6/4/15, 10:01 PM
Cobra Member

The tech had to remove the inner door cover to get at the window adjustment. When he was finished he put it all back together and took it outside to water test it.
Old 6/5/15, 12:35 AM

They took the door apart because they did not put the side mirror back on right and water leaks into the car there now too.
Old 6/5/15, 07:40 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
You need to enlist the help of your new big sister, Deysha.
Thank you for the mention and support, Mickstang!

Originally Posted by BlackStang14
It is a Coupe and I sent a message to Deysha this afternoon. Just waiting to hear back from her.
Thanks for the PM, BlackStang14. I just got back after being out for 2 days. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 6/5/15, 09:38 AM

Thank you so much for your help !!