Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2014 GT 6MT NVH at 60-70mph

Search this Thread

Old 9/10/13, 06:10 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Marcin K.
...And Thank You to Deysha for elevating it, and getting me in touch with the regional Ford rep. Even though it is a bit disappointing that there is no solution to this, at least I do feel that the dealer and Ford did everything they could within reason to address my concerns. And for that I am grateful.

Good luck to everyone still dealing with similar issues.
Thank you very much, Marcin K!

Deysha
Old 10/6/13, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Excuse my inexperience, having trouble figuring out how to "PM" Deysha with my information. Please advise.

TB
Old 10/6/13, 09:14 AM

With a little persistence, I figured it out, daa...

TB
Old 10/7/13, 05:39 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by UB.3
Excuse my inexperience, having trouble figuring out how to "PM" Deysha with my information. Please advise.
Thank you for the PM, UB.3! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 11/7/13, 03:24 PM
GT Member

My new GT has the same hummmm at the exact same speeds as you but I don't feel any extra vibration. I took it into the ford dealership and a tech jumped in and we took it for a spin and right on cue, it started the humming sound when hitting 60. Rather than look at my car, we took out a brand new manual GT he had on the lot and I was shocked to hear the same sound at almost the same speed. It hasn't bothered me since. After hearing the exact same sound on a new one, I chocked it up to it just being a quirk.
Old 11/8/13, 12:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by figit
My new GT has the same hummmm at the exact same speeds as you but I don't feel any extra vibration. I took it into the ford dealership and a tech jumped in and we took it for a spin and right on cue, it started the humming sound when hitting 60. Rather than look at my car, we took out a brand new manual GT he had on the lot and I was shocked to hear the same sound at almost the same speed. It hasn't bothered me since. After hearing the exact same sound on a new one, I chocked it up to it just being a quirk.
Thanks for sharing your story. Yeah, the hummm is the only thing left on mine now. The vibration is not really noticeable anymore, and for the most part worked itself out. I havent really thought about it much since
Old 1/3/14, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Marcin K.
Thanks for sharing your story. Yeah, the hummm is the only thing left on mine now. The vibration is not really noticeable anymore, and for the most part worked itself out. I havent really thought about it much since
I noticed the same thing on my 2014GT, 3.73, manual. Right around 65-80. I don't have the vibration, just the slight high pitched sound. My hyundai genesis did the same thing at certain speeds as well. I guess when you just pay attention to everything, you just start to notice those little quirks.
Old 1/10/14, 09:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cjd82187
I noticed the same thing on my 2014GT, 3.73, manual. Right around 65-80. I don't have the vibration, just the slight high pitched sound. My hyundai genesis did the same thing at certain speeds as well. I guess when you just pay attention to everything, you just start to notice those little quirks.

No! Your 373s should be QUIET. My gears' backlash was set to .20! That is .08 away from the max range of .08-.12. This is what caused the whine. The cones, bearings, rings, and seals were replaced under warranty - there were metal shards and debris swimming in my diff fluid. Whining is a sign that the pinion bearings are howling. The dealer should diagnose this with a hearing aid after driving the vehicle. Besides this, my trans mount bushing and drive shaft had to be replaced - my car is a 14 with 10K on the clock. Have the dealership's heavy line guy properly troubleshoot it.

Last edited by fdesalvo; 1/10/14 at 09:14 PM.
Old 1/11/14, 11:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by fdesalvo
No! Your 373s should be QUIET. My gears' backlash was set to .20! That is .08 away from the max range of .08-.12. This is what caused the whine. The cones, bearings, rings, and seals were replaced under warranty - there were metal shards and debris swimming in my diff fluid. Whining is a sign that the pinion bearings are howling. The dealer should diagnose this with a hearing aid after driving the vehicle. Besides this, my trans mount bushing and drive shaft had to be replaced - my car is a 14 with 10K on the clock. Have the dealership's heavy line guy properly troubleshoot it.
Wow, thanks for sharing this, I think I might bring mine into another dealership just to be safe.
Old 7/25/14, 06:57 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Guys,

Very important troubleshooting steps for these humming noises and vibration issues: If you throw the tranny out of gear and noise or vibrations stop, then you have a warranty issue. Make Ford fix it, don't take 'no' for an answer. I've had 4 5.0s since 2011. The first 2 didn't make the humming noise at cruise. My 3rd and current mustang do make it and it's not normal. Ford has a rear re-build kit on order for me but it's on back log.
Old 7/25/14, 07:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Mine was fixed under warranty. Issue came back after 3k miles. No local dealership will repair it, claiming my mild suspension upgrades are to blame. They did the first repair with the aftermarket suspension in place. This is a problem that will not go away. Your warranty will expire with this issue reappearing and you'll be left holding the bill.
Old 7/25/14, 08:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by fdesalvo
Mine was fixed under warranty. Issue came back after 3k miles. No local dealership will repair it, claiming my mild suspension upgrades are to blame. They did the first repair with the aftermarket suspension in place. This is a problem that will not go away. Your warranty will expire with this issue reappearing and you'll be left holding the bill.
Aren't you in southern California? If so you could try super ford in the city of industry. They didn't have an issue doing work on my car and I have similar modifications to my suspension. I've had some issues there with service but them declining work was not one of them. Sunrise ford in fontana also doesn't seem to have issues with my mods. Good luck and I hope you can get some resolution.