Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2013 GT Radio LCD Display - Recognize This?

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/15, 10:14 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by BufordGT
Looks like I'm having the same problem with a newly purchased 14 GT/CS CPO.

Deysha, just sent you a PM.

Thanks again for all you do.
Thanks for the kind words and PM, BufordGT! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Old 6/5/15, 07:01 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
******UPDATE

My replaced screen that was never abused or cleaned failed again. Same failure as the first time. No abuse no damage. 100% defective materials, plain and simple......

Edit: Considering the frustrating time consuming pain it was to get replaced the first time, I'm going to fix it myself/go aftermarket. I'm a hopeless Ford sucker (see sig line), these are my play toys, so I find these material flaws "acceptable". Insert HUGE eyeroll here. I could see anyone else though that doesn't have a blind allegiance to Ford or is concerned about what they are getting for their $$$$$$ to think twice. This is a nearly $50k msrp car the OEM just doesn't care/continues to use garbage/faulty materials processes building.....

edit2: kick/ban me for honesty. No cares given, LOL!!

Last edited by MKMotorsport; 6/5/15 at 07:06 AM.
Old 6/10/15, 05:24 PM

Same issue

I had the exact same issue with mine and took it in about a year ago to get some other warranty work done, the deck lid to the trunk was loosing it's shine, the motor for the drivers door was ticking. They told me it was a chemical burn caused by myself so I took their word for it. My screen looks exactly the same as every other picture in here and it's only gotten worst over time and I only clean it with the cloth they gave me.
Old 6/19/15, 10:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mine has been replaced for over a year now and still looks like new. If mine fails again, I will probably just use the tinted plastic piece I bought back when I thought I was going to have to fix this myself.

Wayne
Old 12/16/15, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by FordService
Thanks for the kind words and PM, BufordGT! I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha
Deysha,

I'm trying to figure out if the symptoms in post 125with the 2 vertical lines is acceptable after a replacement panel was installed?

Thanks
Lance
Old 12/17/15, 06:49 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by LRNberg70@yahoo.com
Deysha,

I'm trying to figure out if the symptoms in post 125with the 2 vertical lines is acceptable after a replacement panel was installed?

Thanks
Yes, LRNberg70@yahoo.com. The vertical lines are normal.

Deysha
Old 12/17/15, 08:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LRNberg70@yahoo.com
Deysha,

Thanks
Lance
Mine went away when I played around with the dimming ****.
Old 12/19/15, 09:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've actually had this issue twice with my Mustang. The first time it was replaced the replacement display had the pair of vertical lines and said Mustang when I start the car.

The second replacement was like the original one with no "Mustang" or vertical lines.
Old 4/8/16, 09:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Holy thread revival!

Last week was the first time I looked inside my ‘13 since storing it in late November. Much to my chagrin I found the same “worming” issue on the radio lens that many of you have. To say I'm disappointed is an understatement. I know how finicky clear plastic pieces are so I’ve been ultra careful when cleaning it. I never used anything but new, barely damp microfiber towels. In short, aside from these newly appeared flaws, there isn’t a single toweling mark on it. My car is now out of warranty so I know what I’ll get out of Ford -even though this is a “life of the car part” and should never fail unless there was an obvious defect in it-.
My questions to you all are:
  • Can the lens only be replaced?
  • If so, does anybody know how much the lens costs?
  • How difficult is it to replace?
  • Does removing that part of the dash require any special tools?
Thanks for your input!
John

Last edited by Horspla; 4/8/16 at 09:05 AM.
Old 5/11/16, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So about 2 years to the day I had the lens replaced on my '12 GT, the hazing/cracking is back. It happened all at once. My car is always in the garage even when I drive it to work, so it's not environmental, just a crappy supplier part to Ford. It's vey disappointing that the same problem that was fixed under warranty has returned and the car is now out of warranty.
Old 12/4/16, 12:37 AM

By chance does anyone have a extra display lying around ? Broken on not doesnt matter, I want to do some tinkering.
Old 2/9/17, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It looks like my replacement lense is starting to have this problem. I will have to keep an eye on it to make sure. Crappy parts.

Wayne