Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2012 GT service nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/12, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2012 GT service nightmare

First off hello everyone! I have been stalking these forums as well as AFM's for a while now and I finally decided to stop being lazy and register!

As you can tell from my thread title what I am about to explain is IMO completely ridiculous...tell me what you think and how I should be compensated.

1. Buy the car on June 29, 2011 and drive off the lot with it running great, as I would obviously expect.

2. Shortly after owning it for some time and getting used to how she feels I started to notice loud noises and grinding / loud whining coming from the trans as well as my Service Advancetrac light and a ratting from the rear seat belt retractor.

3. Take the car into the shop on September 8, 2011 and am told that the trans is fine (of course...), which it is not and that I need a new speed sensor on my wheel (Advancetrac issue) and a new seat belt retractor. No big deal...

4. I bring my car back in on September 21, 2011 to have the Advancetrac and seat belt issues corrected. They are complete in one day and I am happy.

5. I bring the car back on October 28, 2011 for the same issue about the trans as I mentioned in point number 2. This time though I am told it needs a new pocket bearing. Yes, pocket bearing not pilot...the guys at the counter didn't know what that was either. Scheduled to bring car back to have work done over 1 week and am to be given a rental.

6. Bring car back on November 14, 2011 for work to be done...this is where everything goes to hell...

After the first week I was called on Friday and told that no one had ever taken one of these apart before and they needed to order the tools to even open up the trans. I can understand them not having worked on these yet since they are relatively new. The parts they need are on back order and I don't get my car "back" until December 22, 2011.

Thing is though when I go to pickup my car, the noises and issues I brought it in for were still present and the whining is even louder than before! At this point I am livid and want to smash my head against a wall. I drove the car right back to the dealership and voice my heated concerns to my advisor.

As of right now my car is still not in my possession due to transmission grinding and very loud whining (my original complaint to being with...). This is well over the boundaries outlined in my state's lemon law. I am in process of arbitrating this with Ford to have it lemoned since I meet all criteria outlined below:

A. Must be under 12k miles - only 5800 on the odo
B. Must be under 1 yr old - only 6 months old
C. Must be out at service for a nonconformity (serious issue) - trans issues
D. Must have 3 repair attempts or 30 calendar days out at SVC - 45 days and counting...

Oh and yea almost forgot...the dealership was broken into and my freakin key was stolen!!! I almost blew a gasket! They wanted my spare to make another, but I voice concerns over my key now being compromised as well as the security of my car. I don't give out my house key to random people so why should by car be exempt from that?

Am I out of line for lemoning this thing? What type of compensation do you all think I should receive for this?

--Cheers
Old 1/1/12, 02:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Should of posted in correct forum
https://themustangsource.com/f804/

As for your story. I would lemon it as well. I would write all that up all official like, and present it to your insurance as well. Tell them that you tried dealing with the dealer or service department and that they were no help over the xx months that it should have been caught early and that it could possibly be a life threatening situation and all that. Insurance should go after them at that point. That service department doesn't sound very competent. No tools to pop open a tranny?
Old 1/1/12, 02:12 PM

Sorry...didnt see the sub threads up top on the main page...

Apparently the MT82 has special bolts on it and requires a special tool to remove them...at least that is what they told me...

At this point I brought the BBB auto line into this as well and had Ford offer me a measly 5yr 100k power train warranty... completely unacceptable as I feel Ford had their chance and decided to screw with me and now they will get burned a Mustang via Lemon Law cuz of it
Old 1/1/12, 07:34 PM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
when the dealer gets the new key, he can reprogram both keys so the old key will no longer work on the car. I would also tell them to rekey the lock on the drivers door since the thief could still unlock the vehicle manually, just not able to start and drive it.

He should actually order you two new keys, so they can recut the new keys after rekeying the door lock. He is covered by his insurance so don't let him give you any BS.
Old 1/1/12, 07:42 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by McNasty
and they needed to order the tools to even open up the trans.
I got a similar story from the local Chrysler dealer to check the pressure on the power steering pump/system to determine if the rack needed replacing. I said "what?? on a PT Cruiser?? Chrysler hasn't changed anything on that engine since they came out in 2k". (They milked that model for all it was worth! lol)
So after 3 weeks of this bull I wrote the CEO of the Dealership chain certified mail. "I put money in your family's mouth and here I'm afraid to drive my brand new car!" Within the same day he received it I had the phone ringing off the hook. They got the alleged part they needed within a day or two.
Always go to the top. Expose the middle mgr dweebs.
Old 1/1/12, 07:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
sad story
Old 1/1/12, 09:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
While that does suck, I don't quite think it's time for the lemon law yet. I agree that the dealer had your car sitting around for way too long...No excuse for that. Have you tried another dealer yet? There's also a member on here named Deysha. She works for Ford customer service. Send her a PM, and I'm sure she'd be happy to help.

As far as the key goes, I'd definitely have them redo your door lock and program 2 new keys at their expense.
Old 1/2/12, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
While that does suck, I don't quite think it's time for the lemon law yet. I agree that the dealer had your car sitting around for way too long...No excuse for that. Have you tried another dealer yet? There's also a member on here named Deysha. She works for Ford customer service. Send her a PM, and I'm sure she'd be happy to help.

As far as the key goes, I'd definitely have them redo your door lock and program 2 new keys at their expense.
I am assuming they will rekey my car...at least I would expect that!

Ford Cust Svc. has cut off all ties with me because I have a case open with the BBB auto line and they told me that they can no longer help due to the BBB being involved. I thought of Deysha, but I don't think she can help here anymore...
Old 1/2/12, 12:07 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Oh. Well then it sounds like you didn't leave yourself much choice in the matter. Good luck with it, and be sure to let us know what happens.
Old 1/2/12, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ford Cust Svc. has cut off all ties with me because I have a case open with the BBB auto line and they told me that they can no longer help due to the BBB being involved. I thought of Deysha, but I don't think she can help here anymore...
Once an arbitration firm or lawyer is involved it's impossible to help you from within. Anything said or done can be used against them. From a legal standpoint it's in their best interest to deal only through their lawyer and your own.

In some cases it is certainly best to let the dealer try to step up and make things right before jumping head long in to arbitration.
Old 1/2/12, 09:57 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thats how the system works.
Old 1/3/12, 07:12 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
First off hello everyone! I have been stalking these forums as well as AFM's for a while now and I finally decided to stop being lazy and register!
As you can tell from my thread title what I am about to explain is IMO completely ridiculous...
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
There's also a member on here named Deysha. She works for Ford customer service. Send her a PM, and I'm sure she'd be happy to help.
Thank you for the mention, stupidgenius36!

McNasty, I wish you would've reached out to me before going through the BBB. The info FCS provided is correct, we can't get involved now and you'll have to continue to work through the BBB. I know everything will be resolved for you.

Deysha
Old 1/4/12, 08:47 PM

So I got some updates for everyone here...

I got in touch with the owner of the dealership and we had a nice conversation on the phone today about my beloved stang. It seems that he is on my side here with all this nonsense and agrees that my car clearly falls within the realm of the lemon law. I found this pretty good to hear from the owner!

They are now sending out a FSE after 50 days at service...they originally tried to make it seem like all is OK now that the FSE is coming out to fix your car. I wasn't having none of that tho! They could have done that a month ago and resolved this in a timely manner.

I will keep everyone posted on how the arbitration hearing turns out once it draws closer to the scheduled date!
Old 1/4/12, 11:53 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

So I got some updates for everyone here...

I got in touch with the owner of the dealership and we had a nice conversation on the phone today about my beloved stang. It seems that he is on my side here with all this nonsense and agrees that my car clearly falls within the realm of the lemon law. I found this pretty good to hear from the owner!

They are now sending out a FSE after 50 days at service...they originally tried to make it seem like all is OK now that the FSE is coming out to fix your car. I wasn't having none of that tho! They could have done that a month ago and resolved this in a timely manner.

I will keep everyone posted on how the arbitration hearing turns out once it draws closer to the scheduled date!
I still think this could've been solved without the BBB, but it's nice to hear that the owner was very interested in your call. Looking forward to hearing what happens...