Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2012 6spd transmission issues

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/12, 03:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
That really sucks. What are you trading it in for? Was your husband with you when you took the car in every time? Just thinking maybe the dirtbag dealer employees tried to take advantage of the fact that you're (assuming you are?...) a woman. Still, that must be extremely frustrating. Are there any other dealers near you that you can take it to?
Old 12/5/12, 07:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car was taken to 2 different Ford dealerships. And although my husband did not go every time the car was taken in, he did go on several occasions. We both spoke with the Ford reps on the phone. Me being a woman was not the issue.

We're trading the Mustang in for a new Chevy Silverado. We currently own a 1999 that has 0 problems that I normally use as a winter daily. However with the recent issues with my husbands Escape and the unknown amount of time it will be at the dealership for the recall, he is driving it. So we are using this time to upgrade into a newer one. Then in the spring we will probably sell our current one and look for another car.

Although I may hold off for a year or two as I heard they are bringing the Grand National back and I currently own a 1987 that I absolutely love. It is my "fun" car.
Old 12/5/12, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

This makes me wish I had not bought my Boss.
Old 12/5/12, 09:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by CandyRed2012
The car was taken to 2 different Ford dealerships. And although my husband did not go every time the car was taken in, he did go on several occasions. We both spoke with the Ford reps on the phone. Me being a woman was not the issue.

We're trading the Mustang in for a new Chevy Silverado. We currently own a 1999 that has 0 problems that I normally use as a winter daily. However with the recent issues with my husbands Escape and the unknown amount of time it will be at the dealership for the recall, he is driving it. So we are using this time to upgrade into a newer one. Then in the spring we will probably sell our current one and look for another car.

Although I may hold off for a year or two as I heard they are bringing the Grand National back and I currently own a 1987 that I absolutely love. It is my "fun" car.
I see. Well, good luck. Sorry to see you leave the Mustang community. These issues are what makes me want to hold onto my SN95 forever and just build it into my own interpretation of what a Mustang should be. These days, new cars just have too much crap on them that can go wrong, and until every manufacturer goes to the Tesla/Scion model of selling/servicing, I don't want to ever purchase a brand new car. There's only 3 dealers in my area, and I know 2 of them suck. One used to be family owned, but got bought out by Ford corporate and now it's full of sheisty slime *****!
Old 12/5/12, 10:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
First, I am not sure why Ford or the dealers are being so obstinate. I have had no problems with my dealer or Ford. They have done two TSB's for me, and recently, I took the car in for a noise in the rear. I dropped the car off on Tuesday AM, and was given a rental (I did not ask for one). I was called every afternoon, by my service advisor, giving me an update on the work and what was found. They initially replaced two pitted bearings in the diff, but the tech still was not happy. They called Ford and discussed the problem the tech was still feeling (a vibration). Ford authorized a replacement driveshaft and overnighted it to the dealer. Long story, short, my car was completed on Friday afternoon. This is customer service, and I am not sure why any dealer would do less with the current state of the economy.

As for the OP's current problem with the Escape, I read Ford had authorized rental cars for every owner. OP, if your husband did not get one, he needs to talk with the dealer.

It is a shame dealer(s) do not recognize what a customer for life is.
Old 12/5/12, 12:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why don't they ride with you so you can show them?

Last edited by Rando; 12/5/12 at 12:21 PM.
Old 12/5/12, 02:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

However with the recent issues with my husbands Escape and the unknown amount of time it will be at the dealership for the recall, he is driving it. .
Glag i got the 2L. Good luck with that !
Old 12/6/12, 08:13 PM
Cobra Member

Interesting.... Deysha goes MIA when CandyRed is getting done wrong. Whom can she expedite a complaint to about jerks at Ford?
Old 12/6/12, 09:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

I see. Well, good luck. Sorry to see you leave the Mustang community. These issues are what makes me want to hold onto my SN95 forever and just build it into my own interpretation of what a Mustang should be. These days, new cars just have too much crap on them that can go wrong, and until every manufacturer goes to the Tesla/Scion model of selling/servicing, I don't want to ever purchase a brand new car. There's only 3 dealers in my area, and I know 2 of them suck. One used to be family owned, but got bought out by Ford corporate and now it's full of sheisty slime *****!
What is the Tesla/Scion model? Because Scion is just Toyota.
Old 12/6/12, 11:33 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kylerohde

What is the Tesla/Scion model? Because Scion is just Toyota.
I can't speak for Scion's service center, but Tesla and Scion have fixed prices (and Tesla is all corporate owned, like Apple stores). Everyone pays the same and is treated equally. No discrepancies between dealerships.
Old 12/7/12, 09:14 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by laserred38

I can't speak for Scion's service center, but Tesla and Scion have fixed prices (and Tesla is all corporate owned, like Apple stores). Everyone pays the same and is treated equally. No discrepancies between dealerships.
This is probably the best way to run a company, for both the customer and corporation. I worked for Apple and it was one of the best job experiences I've had. I actually got to care about the customer and learn to have apathy, as opposed to just pushing product and turning angry customers angrier. At the very least, most car company's should really be thinking about ways to improve the customer relations role, because it does not work well now.
Old 12/7/12, 09:25 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by TwistedKarma

This is probably the best way to run a company, for both the customer and corporation. I worked for Apple and it was one of the best job experiences I've had. I actually got to care about the customer and learn to have apathy, as opposed to just pushing product and turning angry customers angrier. At the very least, most car company's should really be thinking about ways to improve the customer relations role, because it does not work well now.
When was that? Apple retail? I did too, and things have changed a LOT since I left, even before I left actually. But still, I agree.
Old 12/7/12, 10:41 AM
GT Member

empathy, unless you really are Twisted
Old 12/7/12, 10:48 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cfraser
empathy, unless you really are Twisted
Haha, you're correct. I typed the wrong word lol
Old 12/7/12, 12:52 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

However with the recent issues with my husbands Escape and the unknown amount of time it will be at the dealership for the recall, he is driving it. So we are using this time to upgrade into a newer one. Then in the spring we will probably sell our current one and look for another car.
Hey CandyRed2012,

I see your case is being handled by out Executive Liaison team, which is why I have not chimed in. Once the case goes to our legal department, there’s not much I can assist you with.

Regarding your husband’s Escape; I recommend he brings it in to his dealer as soon as possible, as there may be safety concern with it.

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Interesting.... Deysha goes MIA when CandyRed is getting done wrong. Whom can she expedite a complaint to about jerks at Ford?
Not MIA, 2012GT. I’ve been backing up this forum and I’m still here.

Deysha
Old 12/8/12, 04:09 PM

They build a performance car, show a vidio of a drifter coming off the factory floor winding out the stang, and don't want to fix issues that plauge MANY owners? Is Ford lieing to us?
I just got smoked buy a Saturn Ion Red cause of the "PIECE OF CRAP" mt82 tranny missing 3rd and 4th. Dealer says they are too far behind in tranny work to deal with my 2012 GT. We went from 3 Toyotas to 3 Fords. Now I'm getting that bad taste in my mouth again.
Old 12/8/12, 09:22 PM
GT Member

I'm dropping my car off on the 13th to have the transmission looked at for a gear rattle/gear roll over issue. My dealership had to contact Ford Engineering to get the ok first and to clarify something, at least that's what they told me, it was kinda odd. My guess is my transmission is getting replaced.
Old 12/9/12, 10:29 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiltmeister
They build a performance car, show a vidio of a drifter coming off the factory floor winding out the stang, and don't want to fix issues that plauge MANY owners? Is Ford lieing to us?
I just got smoked buy a Saturn Ion Red cause of the "PIECE OF CRAP" mt82 tranny missing 3rd and 4th. Dealer says they are too far behind in tranny work to deal with my 2012 GT. We went from 3 Toyotas to 3 Fords. Now I'm getting that bad taste in my mouth again.
Of course it could not have been the operator of the Mt-82, could it?

Old 12/10/12, 06:24 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Tiltmeister
I just got smoked buy a Saturn Ion Red cause of the mt82 tranny missing 3rd and 4th. Dealer says they are too far behind in tranny work to deal with my 2012 GT.
Welcome to the forum Tiltmeister! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Is there another Ford dealer in your area? I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Originally Posted by TwistedKarma
I'm dropping my car off on the 13th to have the transmission looked at for a gear rattle/gear roll over issue. My dealership had to contact Ford Engineering to get the ok first and to clarify something, at least that's what they told me, it was kinda odd. My guess is my transmission is getting replaced.
Hope all is good with you, TwistedKarma. Let me know if you want me to escalate this for you as well.

Deysha
Old 12/10/12, 11:13 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Welcome to the forum Tiltmeister! My name is Deysha with Ford Service. Is there another Ford dealer in your area? I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager for your area. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can help.

Hope all is good with you, TwistedKarma. Let me know if you want me to escalate this for you as well.

Deysha
You can't, I'm still in a lawsuit with Ford. Thank you though.

Quick Reply: 2012 6spd transmission issues