Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2011 V6 Automatic transmission noise

Search this Thread

Old 10/25/13, 03:46 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by szczdavi
Same Issue... 2013 mustang v6 AT clunks when comming to a stop, and a slightly louder clunk when making rolling stops. I drove a 2014 mustang that just came into the dealership and it doesnt have the same problem.. will take it into service soon.
Welcome to the forum, szczdavi! I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area. Please make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Old 8/10/14, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
Welcome to the forum, szczdavi! I’d like to get this escalated to the customer service manager of your area. Please make an appointment with your dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
Deysha, if you are still with Ford Customer Service then I would like to get my case escalated too. I'm new to this forum but not new to Ford. I've owned two V8 Mustangs before the 2014 V6 automatic I have now. I'm experiencing the same thing as everyone else on this thread. At low speeds my Mustang drives like it has 150k miles on it. I owned a F150 before the V6 and it was solid and smooth at low speeds.

I've had it to 3 dealers and it's a big run around. They don't know, can't duplicate the problem and keep telling me everything is normal. I have a case number from Ford Customer Service I can share with you. When I was at Earnhardt Ford in Tempe AZ, I talked with one of the directors and I said to him if this is normal then there must be something in writing or an official statement from Ford about the clunks and thuds in my driveline. There is no bulletin but it's a known issue and probably the only way to get Ford to do something about it is a class action lawsuit.

I won't be keeping this car because of this issue. I just look at it like I'm renting the car for about $12 a day and when I can't take it anymore I'll trade it in for a Challenger or similar car.

Last edited by rockazona; 8/10/14 at 11:36 AM.