Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

2011 Mustang GT Issues, Dissappointing

Search this Thread

Old 10/18/14 | 03:47 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
he agreed with you on the hood and you are still crying... maybe you bought to much car if you are unwilling to pay the cash to properly maintain it. FYI you paid $36k for a engine and trans.

When did proper maintenance include periodically replacing a hood? You guys are so strange. I did not read in the owners manual anywhere replace hood every 15000 miles.....haha

This is a joke. Our Volvo's paint looks as if if rolled out of the showroom, I have a 13 year Dodge 1500, even its paint is not bubbling.

So for a manufacturing and workmanship issue that Ford has and should issue a recall or TSB your solution is nah I will just spend money on aftermarket parts. How does that hep in product development? They have obviously had the issue for 10 years, read up there several hundred cases.

Did you also forget the issue of shifting from 1 st to second in cold weather climates, maybe the solution is that move to warm weather climate (not that I would not want to), thank fully they addressed that in the TSB, or what about the 2 cent shifter bracket that sucked the joy out driving.

Anyway, I will make sure to read the next cars OM to check how often they recommend hood replacement..2 years 6 months sounds awfully short. You keep your car in the garage, I bought a 36k car to drive it so obviously I can afford the cash for the car and the gas it guzzles.....don't get petty.
Old 10/18/14 | 11:54 AM
Bullitt Member

I have 64k on my 2007 GT and yeah the hood bubbling pisses me off but in the summer I run a TruFiber hood so I don't care so much anymore. The alternator just went out three weeks ago and killed the old stock battery so I replaced both, $300 buck and an hour out of my day, no big deal. Stuff breaks, defects happen in every car. Yeah I wish the paint was better on these cars but then if it wasn't a daily driver maybe I would custom paint it or wrap it. But when I am romping it on a nice day and I hear those SLP Loudmouths roar and the top is down and I am out cornering newer more expensive cars, I forget all the little things....
I beat the **** out of my highly modified '05 v6, went cross country, raced the **** out of it and it never let me down, Ford may have occasionals issue but hell, who doesn't, I can't see driving anything else except an STI and thats just the frugal in me saying all wheel drive, no more truck/car winter juggle, blah blah.
Maybe the next mustang will have an AWD option.
Its getting late, gotta go cruise.....
Old 10/18/14 | 01:24 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

FYI due to the hippies at the epa a few years back all auto makes had to switch to a different paint base.. The new paint is thinner and not as good. Pretty much every new car has ugly paint. It is a sad stated.
Old 10/19/14 | 12:45 PM
GT Member

Found the Leak

So I found the leak, took the liner out of the trunk and lay a hose on the outside. On the drivers side right next to where the bolt is for the rear spoiler this is a hole about the size of a nickel. The rubber gasket (not really it feels more like flexible foamy that my son uses for craft projects) in the hole is where the water leaks from, and it is not a little bit of water, it comes in fast.

I am thinking of some quick fixes. I don't feel like ripping up the entire deck lid spoiler, not to put the same one back on. I am thinking of removing the cheap packing and spraying some water proofing foam from the inside. Not the best way, of stopping the leak, I would rather stop it from the outside if I can, but I will do that after we move next month. I am attaching a photo of where the leak is happening from, keep any eye out.

I think because of the cheap material (its foam not rubber) and the expansion/contraction difference between the metal, the plastic deck lid spoiler and the foam probably caused creep in the foam and caused the leak to start. Anyway not sure what the point of the hole is, because I would not put a large hole that is not needed on the top surface of any area where this can happen.

Anyway, so other than the bubbling hood I have been able to resolve most of my issues.
Attached Thumbnails 2011 Mustang GT Issues, Dissappointing-wp_20141019_13_18_58_pro.jpg  
Old 10/19/14 | 02:48 PM
V6 Member

Cool! Glad you've been able to sort out some of your problems. This will go a long way for others that end up having the same problems. Sucks about the hood bubbling. That's one thing I'm worried about since my particular color would most likely be more expensive than the average color to re-paint.
Old 10/19/14 | 10:13 PM
V6 Member

I came from an '11 3.8 Hyundai Genesis Coupe and that thing was awful compared to this... Lol
Old 10/20/14 | 07:21 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Originally Posted by 2011BlackStang5.0
Deysha,

Thank you for responding. I have addressed the water leak to my Ford Service Advisor, they have told me to bring the car back and they have a water proofing vendor who takes care of it and it's Monday through Friday by appointment only.

Paint, I did not ask because I just learned about the issue but I will follow up was not sure since it is out of the 36k warranty period.

SYNC : has resolved itself for the time being

Noise: did not address because it does not happen all the time. It only happens on windy days at a certain speed, next time I will record it.
Thank you for the info, 2011BlackStang5.0! You should speak to your service manger so he can see if there’s any assistance available for you.

Deysha