Notices
Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

02 Sensor Questions

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/22, 05:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
02 Sensor Questions

Hi Everyone,

My check engine light turned on just before I shipped my car from the U.S to Italy the night before my appointment to ship it. I forget the code number that Auto Zone gave, but I do remember it said the vehicle was running rich. I have been to three different shops here but none have a computer reading device that will give them the code number, so I ordered two sensors, Bosch 17321 and Bosch 15383 hoping it would clear the code. While there is a language barrier because neither of us speak the same language, the place that replaced the 02 sensors said that I ordered only the passenger side sensors and I would need the drivers side too, which will are longer than the passenger side. Is this correct or should I be good to go ordering the same part numbers again for the other banks?

Another issue started after I got here, when I am stuck in traffic, I am overheating. I have no overheating issues when I am running at speed and can see the fan turns on and off as needed. The overheating issue is inconsistent though and no place has been able to replicate the problem. I replaced the thermostat at the same time I replaced the 02 sensors and was hoping that it was just stuck thermostat but I ended up overheating again the other night. Could the overheating problem be tied to it also running rich? Thanks
Old 12/12/22, 06:26 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Welcome to TMS!! Please tell us a little more about tor car. What year and how many miles are on it. Maybe an air bubble in the cooling system.
Old 12/12/22, 06:59 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 2,992 Likes on 2,199 Posts
Hello,

Sounds Like you are Going to Need to Be a Bit Self Sufficient!

I would advise getting a Code Reader. This one is Cheap and Works I Have One! Don't Know if Amazon Deals in Italy?

Amazon Amazon

As Far as Looking Up Parts Rock Auto is an Easy to Use Catalog & Supplies Lots of Notes & Options. They May Ship to Italy?

https://www.rockauto.com/

A Factory Service Manual Should Be a Good Investment as Well!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38385770215...Bk9SR9DequqgYQ

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/12/22 at 07:09 AM.
Old 12/12/22, 08:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
Welcome to TMS!! Please tell us a little more about tor car. What year and how many miles are on it. Maybe an air bubble in the cooling system.
First off, thanks for the welcome. It’s a 2014 GT with 96k miles. I can’t think it’s an air bubble since it was bled when I replaced the thermostat.

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Hello,

Sounds Like you are Going to Need to Be a Bit Self Sufficient!

I would advise getting a Code Reader. This one is Cheap and Works I Have One! Don't Know if Amazon Deals in Italy?

https://www.amazon.com/LAUNCH-OBD2-S...s%2C521&sr=8-2

As Far as Looking Up Parts Rock Auto is an Easy to Use Catalog & Supplies Lots of Notes & Options. They May Ship to Italy?

https://www.rockauto.com/

A Factory Service Manual Should Be a Good Investment as Well!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38385770215...Bk9SR9DequqgYQ

KC
Italy does have Amazon, though I’ve been ordering from AutoZone and actually just had family fly in so they brought the parts with them. A code reader is going to be ordered soon.
Old 12/12/22, 08:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 1,060 Posts
Regarding the O2 sensors -- I'd probably try to find them on tascaparts.com to see if they are the same part number or not

The overheating when the car is standing still (but not overheating while moving) is probably related to the fan not coming on, or not going to full speed when it should. There are some other threads on here about that with a lot of details, hope you can find them with the search. Overheating generally would not be related to running rich; if anything that would make it run cooler.
Old 12/12/22, 01:04 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,173 Likes on 1,750 Posts
I agree with the recommendations provided above... Meanwhile, welcome aboard!