Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

temporary tablet mod

Search this Thread

Old 11/12/13, 10:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by hatchttu
Yeah, I just got an email from them, 379 for the package and they're hoping to be shipping by the end of the month.

I take it you're Shane in their comments? I'm Mike benson.
Yup, I be Shane. does the package come with ipad.. lol
Old 11/12/13, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got this today:

Thanks for your inquiry into the Mustang iPad mini dock. We're really excited to get this product shipping, and the response has been incredible. At this point, we're hoping to start shipping them towards the end of November or early in December. Right now it's looking like we'll be able to offer the whole kit for $379, and we'll be announcing a pre-order special later this week on our Facebook page.

Thanks again for writing. If you'll respond to this email, I'll get you on the list to announce further details. Happy Motoring!!

Best Regards,

Tom Miller

musicar northwest
portland oregon
world-class audio and electronics integration

musicarnw.com
Old 11/13/13, 02:23 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SleepPro68
Got this today:

Thanks for your inquiry into the Mustang iPad mini dock. We're really excited to get this product shipping, and the response has been incredible. At this point, we're hoping to start shipping them towards the end of November or early in December. Right now it's looking like we'll be able to offer the whole kit for $379, and we'll be announcing a pre-order special later this week on our Facebook page.

Thanks again for writing. If you'll respond to this email, I'll get you on the list to announce further details. Happy Motoring!!

Best Regards,

Tom Miller

musicar northwest
portland oregon

musicarnw.com
I was looking forward to this item. But 379 for what is essentially a iPad holder might be too much IMO. Does look nice but I might end up going a DIY route. But in the end if you guys like and wanna pay for that, then by all means I'll still be jealous haha.
Old 11/14/13, 12:30 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
379 actually seems pretty reasonable to cover the costs of tooling a pretty low production part. If that tooling cost were split across more vehicles It would be cheaper. But they have to be realistic about how many of these things are going to sell.

And really, good on them for keeping production in the states!

They have my support and will soon have my money
Old 11/15/13, 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by mac951
I was looking forward to this item. But 379 for what is essentially a iPad holder might be too much IMO. Does look nice but I might end up going a DIY route. But in the end if you guys like and wanna pay for that, then by all means I'll still be jealous haha.
Yea, I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for it, but I know it's not $379
Old 12/6/13, 08:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by SleepPro68
Yea, I'm not sure how much I'd be willing to pay for it, but I know it's not $379
I figure it to be well worth it since an ipad mini can be had for 250$ and a mount at less than $400

If I spend 700 to have an Ipad in my car to do EVERYTHING i want it to do, music, video, navigation, and more - then I've done right.

buying a $500 (most likely $700) double din headunit that can do maybe half of what the IPAD does PLUS the metra/scosche/kenwood dash kit to fit the headunit in, as well as adapers (pac/axxess or maestro) then steering wheel control adapter and antennae adapter I'm probably looking at well more money than what the ipad mini and dock mount would cost me.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 12/6/13, 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

I need to get in touch with them and see if they can make one for a Omni 10.. I measured, it would be tight, but it would fit since its a 10 inch screen.
Old 12/6/13, 09:50 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShaneGT
I need to get in touch with them and see if they can make one for a Omni 10.. I measured, it would be tight, but it would fit since its a 10 inch screen.
i wanted a galaxy nexus 7 instead. BUT i already went out and bought an ipad mini for this lol. just waiting on the release of the mount!
Old 12/6/13, 11:17 AM
Cobra Member

I am anti apple, dont care for them, I like andriod, but when i saw the Omni 10 came with full version of windows i took it. I like native flash support.
Old 12/6/13, 02:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That's a great idea! Doubt it holds well under hard acceleration though.
Old 12/13/13, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by DeeJayTJ
I figure it to be well worth it since an ipad mini can be had for 250$ and a mount at less than $400 If I spend 700 to have an Ipad in my car to do EVERYTHING i want it to do, music, video, navigation, and more - then I've done right. buying a $500 (most likely $700) double din headunit that can do maybe half of what the IPAD does PLUS the metra/scosche/kenwood dash kit to fit the headunit in, as well as adapers (pac/axxess or maestro) then steering wheel control adapter and antennae adapter I'm probably looking at well more money than what the ipad mini and dock mount would cost me. Just my .02 cents.
Yea, I agree, the total package would be more powerful than the other option...here's the latest:

Because you're on the pre-order list, you're getting this update before it gets announced. We've set up a site to pay for and complete the pre-order. Just go to www.idlehandsmfg.com and click on the order tab and you can pay with Paypal or Credit Card.

A couple of things to note:
This piece is designed to fit 2010 to 2014 Ford Mustang, all models. If your Mustang isn't equipped with SYNC or Bluetooth Audio, we are working on a solution for you and will have it ready by the time we ship the iPad Mini Mounts.
Normal pricing is $379 plus shipping. Because you got on the pre-order list, your price is $359 and includes free standard shipping (within the continental U.S.)!!
In case it's not obvious...this price does NOT include the iPad mini.
Our first production run is only for 50 pieces. If you're receiving this email, you are on the list for the first production run. We will be ending the pre-order special on Thursday, Dec 19th at 11:59pm Pacific Time. After that, you'll have to pay the normal price.
Unfortunately, we do NOT have a clear ship date yet, I'm afraid we're not going to make it by Christmas (which I was really hoping to do). The pieces are coming out of the molds now (and they're beautiful!), and we have all of the parts required to complete and assemble them. But unfortunately, we're counting on a couple of other shops to complete some parts for us (e.g. the chrome trim ring). So this puts us at their mercy, and trying to get things done around the holiday season is proving difficult.
So, to get yours ordered, go to www.idlehandsmfg.com, click the "order" button, and follow the instructions to pay by PayPal or CC. Enter Promo Code "MustangArmy" to get the pre-order price. This Promo Code is good through 11:59pm Pacific on December 19th.

If you are not in the U.S. (we've had a lot of international inquiries), go ahead and send me an email. I'll calculate shipping costs and send a separate invoice for you.

I want to thank you all so much for showing interest in this product. Your emails, FB and YouTube comments are the reason this piece even exists. And thank you for your patience as we develop this brand new product. I can't wait to get this product in your hands and hear your reviews!!

Best Regards,

Tom Miller
musicar northwest
portland oregon

musicarnw.com

Like us on Facebook to see install gallery updates!

musicar northwest
portland oregon

musicarnw.com

Like us on Facebook to see install gallery updates!
Old 12/13/13, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Lol I don't think you're supposed to share that email... There was only 50 preorder, so how are they supposed to know who's actually now if random people from here order with promo code etc

I got the same email and placed my order early this morning.
Old 12/13/13, 09:41 PM
GT Member

Pretty cool set up.....looks like another option to have the functionality of factory type nav.
Old 12/14/13, 02:05 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Could anyone help me how I can get engine parameter show up on ipad.
Old 12/14/13, 05:39 PM
Cobra Member

Blue tooth OBD2 Dongle, and a Data reader app from the app store.
Old 12/14/13, 05:42 PM
V6 Member

Sucks for those of us that don't have sync
Old 12/18/13, 03:04 PM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't have sync, buy a satechi soundfly or similar device. I put one in my boss and it sits in the center console and is connected to the aux input. It also has a microphone that I hid behind the steering wheel for phone calls. Works for bt audio streaming, nav, and phone calls. If you have an older car without aux input it will also do fm transmitter. The only negative is I have to hit the power button when I get out of the car to prevent it from draining the battery. On topic, I intend on picking one of these up to use in my boss.
Old 12/20/13, 06:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Johnny5alive
If you don't have sync, buy a satechi soundfly or similar device. I put one in my boss and it sits in the center console and is connected to the aux input. It also has a microphone that I hid behind the steering wheel for phone calls. Works for bt audio streaming, nav, and phone calls. If you have an older car without aux input it will also do fm transmitter. The only negative is I have to hit the power button when I get out of the car to prevent it from draining the battery. On topic, I intend on picking one of these up to use in my boss.
I wrote a "how-to" to make your center console switched with ignitionas well as an aftermarket sync-like setup... its under this same forum section
Old 12/25/13, 02:01 AM

You get any updates on this? I am really interested in this. Especially since my kids suprised me with a IPAD mini for x-mas
Old 1/16/14, 12:08 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Johnny5alive
Are you using the Soundfly View or the BT Ultimate? I thought only the View could be connected via a 3.5mm aux connection instead of FM tranmission. One thing I noticed is that they support RDS so if you use FM transmission you get the music track data or caller ID on your RDS radio screen. The View just adds a screen to display the info for you.
http://www.satechi.net/index.php/blu...m-transmitters

Quick Reply: temporary tablet mod