'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

temporary tablet mod

Search this Thread

Old 11/5/13 | 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

temporary tablet mod

What do you guys think of this tablet mod? I am thinking about upgrading my 12 base GT to a 14 GT with sync, then possibly doing one of the tablet mods.

Old 11/5/13 | 09:22 AM

Very nice! I like the functionality while keeping the factory stereo intact. The finish seems pretty good as well.
Old 11/5/13 | 09:23 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

neat.. liked it
Old 11/5/13 | 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

i added bluetooth to my car last night just for this particular kit since otto navi stopped making the android one i wanted.
Old 11/5/13 | 09:48 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by hatchttu
What do you guys think of this tablet mod? I am thinking about upgrading my 12 base GT to a 14 GT with sync, then possibly doing one of the tablet mods.

Ford Mustang iPad Mini Dash Mount - YouTube
Kinda like it, I don't think the magnets will hold the power of a pony, It will pop off on hard acceleration. Not a fan of it not being flush either. Check out this install. It is permanent.

Last edited by CVH; 11/6/13 at 09:20 AM.
Old 11/5/13 | 09:49 AM
GT Member

That is brilliant. Love that it can pop right off.
Old 11/6/13 | 09:55 AM
Bullitt Member

I like it but how does it charge? Also I know it connect through SYNC but in my experience SYNC doesnt like having two different audio sources in a car. Mine would connect to my phone even though it doesnt have any music on it and wouldnt connect to my tablet which was only in there to be used for music.

Matthew
Old 11/6/13 | 11:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CVH
Kinda like it, I don't think the magnets will hold the power of a pony, It will pop off on hard acceleration. Not a fan of it not being flush either. Check out this install. It is permanent.
iPad mustang gauges - YouTube
New Gauges-dyno Mustang V6 - YouTube
That is the guy that mounts your radio bezel and controls on the hoodliner of your car. Though its not a bad mod, its 1500$ to do it -minus the I-pad. I actually met the guy, he came over and showed it to me.

I would like just the Ipad mount, then use the heater control setup that been worked on here in our forums to complete this setup without the whole mounting on the roof.
Old 11/6/13 | 12:47 PM
Cobra Member

What app is he using?
Old 11/6/13 | 07:59 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
I like it but how does it charge? Also I know it connect through SYNC but in my experience SYNC doesnt like having two different audio sources in a car. Mine would connect to my phone even though it doesnt have any music on it and wouldnt connect to my tablet which was only in there to be used for music.

Matthew
Matt, you can choose "primary" for the device you would like to connect first in the menu settings of Sync. Hope this helps. Never experienced issues with connecting multiple devices via Bluetooth or USB. Yes there are two USB ports I use iOS devices and a SSD 128gb hard drive.
Old 11/6/13 | 08:04 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ninjak

That is the guy that mounts your radio bezel and controls on the hoodliner of your car. Though its not a bad mod, its 1500$ to do it -minus the I-pad. I actually met the guy, he came over and showed it to me.

I would like just the Ipad mount, then use the heater control setup that been worked on here in our forums to complete this setup without the whole mounting on the roof.
You have me confused with another member. We have not met. It's not a bad mod at all. :thumbsup:
I would like to see your finished install.
Old 11/6/13 | 08:21 PM
GT Member

I emailed these guys with the address on their website. I don't think anyone monitors that.
Old 11/7/13 | 07:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang

Matthew

Apparently that one is set up to not be able to plug the Ipad in. He said the customer requested it not require any permanent modifications to the dash.

I wonder if you could set it up to charge, although you would need to drill a hole in the dash plate for the charge cable to route through, Maybe up along the top edge where it wouldn't be too noticeable, you know, other than the charging cable hanging there when you aren't using it.

Or you could just take it off and charge it when you stopped somewhere. run a cable from the center console to the back floorboard so you can hide the ipad when you are parked.
Old 11/7/13 | 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CVH
Matt, you can choose "primary" for the device you would like to connect first in the menu settings of Sync. Hope this helps. Never experienced issues with connecting multiple devices via Bluetooth or USB. Yes there are two USB ports I use iOS devices and a SSD 128gb hard drive.
Ill look into it again but **** I had a hell of a time trying to get SYNC to connect to my tablet and my phone. Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by hatchttu
Apparently that one is set up to not be able to plug the Ipad in. He said the customer requested it not require any permanent modifications to the dash.

I wonder if you could set it up to charge, although you would need to drill a hole in the dash plate for the charge cable to route through, Maybe up along the top edge where it wouldn't be too noticeable, you know, other than the charging cable hanging there when you aren't using it.

Or you could just take it off and charge it when you stopped somewhere. run a cable from the center console to the back floorboard so you can hide the ipad when you are parked.
I wonder if you could add one of those "wireless" chargers to the backside of the housing unit so whenever the housing/ipad was 'installed' it would charge wirelessly. You wouldnt see any cables, and wouldnt have to make any permanent mods to the radio bezel face plate.

Matthew
Old 11/7/13 | 07:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CVH
You have me confused with another member. We have not met. It's not a bad mod at all. :thumbsup:
I would like to see your finished install.
Not you bu the person who actually did the mount with the controls on the roof. A older gentleman who was a engineer. Nice fella, and nice mod, but as I said, I did not want to mod my car to that extent. That is the mod you have correct ?

I actually like the plexi glass install of the Ipad and moving the text screen beneath it. I wish there was a way to have that setup work and get all the heater controls as well.
Old 11/9/13 | 09:40 AM

Has anyone been able to obtain pricing on this?

-Rob
Old 11/9/13 | 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by SleepPro68
Has anyone been able to obtain pricing on this?

-Rob

I emailed them a while back and they told me anywhere between 295 to 375 but they were not sure yet
Old 11/11/13 | 07:26 AM
Cobra Member

They told me by end of month for production.
Old 11/12/13 | 04:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by ShaneGT
They told me by end of month for production.
Yeah, I just got an email from them, 379 for the package and they're hoping to be shipping by the end of the month.

I take it you're Shane in their comments? I'm Mike benson.
Old 11/12/13 | 05:31 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thats a great idea ... looks a little thick .. for an iPad Mini I would think they could make the entire thing much thinner.

Quick Reply: temporary tablet mod