Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

~ Tablet Mod Round 2 (7.0 PLus Galaxy)

Search this Thread

Old 6/17/13, 07:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Stanglife I have two questions so far:
1. Where are you getting your power from for the tablet? I left it plugged into the 12V power outlet at the top of the dash and the **** thing was dead within a few hours. Does that 12V not get power when the car is off? I have the tablet just velcroed to the front of the radio right now while I decide if this is the way I want to go. I was going to plug it into the USB port in the center console but the cords not long enough.
2. How do you get SYNC to play the music from the tablet and not your phone? I connected the tablet and tested it without my Iphone in the car but yesterday when I switched over to BT SYNC started playing the music on my phone vs the tablet.

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 6/18/13, 08:05 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
So Stanglife I have two questions so far:
1. Where are you getting your power from for the tablet? I left it plugged into the 12V power outlet at the top of the dash and the **** thing was dead within a few hours. Does that 12V not get power when the car is off? I have the tablet just velcroed to the front of the radio right now while I decide if this is the way I want to go. I was going to plug it into the USB port in the center console but the cords not long enough.
2. How do you get SYNC to play the music from the tablet and not your phone? I connected the tablet and tested it without my Iphone in the car but yesterday when I switched over to BT SYNC started playing the music on my phone vs the tablet.

Thanks,
Matthew
1. I use the USB for power. YOu have to go under teh console to wire it to switched power (Real easy, its just one wire to the auto connector in teh console....if you have a manual you ahv ethe unused connector) But you will need a 2.1amp usp to usb. you can find it on ebay.

2. Go into your phone settings and take off teh media audio selection and keep the phone selection. I have a Samsung galaxy, so im not real sure about the iphone. But there is a way to make it not be selected for audio.

Make sure you have teh Tasker settings done right. I must have turned teh car on/off a thousand times to make sure it was right and did not run doen the battery. The biggest battery drainer is teh screen itself. so be sure you do not have teh brightness up too much at night....put it on auto brightness.

P.S> I hope you get it working...Im LOVING mine!!
Old 6/20/13, 06:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by StangLife'12
1. I use the USB for power. YOu have to go under teh console to wire it to switched power (Real easy, its just one wire to the auto connector in teh console....if you have a manual you ahv ethe unused connector) But you will need a 2.1amp usp to usb. you can find it on ebay.

2. Go into your phone settings and take off teh media audio selection and keep the phone selection. I have a Samsung galaxy, so im not real sure about the iphone. But there is a way to make it not be selected for audio.

Make sure you have teh Tasker settings done right. I must have turned teh car on/off a thousand times to make sure it was right and did not run doen the battery. The biggest battery drainer is teh screen itself. so be sure you do not have teh brightness up too much at night....put it on auto brightness.

P.S> I hope you get it working...Im LOVING mine!!
1. Are you taking about the USB plug in off the SYNC system that another member here used to add an additional hard drive? Its a blue box in/above the glove box? I have an auto so I will check when I come back from vacation.

2. I will see if you can do that with an Iphone. Right now the only thing I see is Blue Tooth on/off. I dont think you can choose to use it for audio or not but again I will look into it.

I am currently using the Galaxy to drive a 1000 miles for my wife and I's anniversary/vacation. It is working really well expect for the **** thing not charging from the 12V power outlet above the radio. I will add this to the things to look into.

Matthew
Old 6/20/13, 08:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

The USB Im using is in the console between the seats.
You will need a 2.1 amp outlet adapter (either 12v or usb) to allow the tablet to charge.
If you use the 12v in the console you can buy the Samsung car piece.
Old 6/24/13, 08:12 AM
Bullitt Member

You will need a 2.1 amp outlet adapter (either 12v or usb) to allow the tablet to charge.
This is the problem I think I am having. Originally I was just using a car charger with a USB cable to charge the tablet and it kept dying on me. Turns out when you use a USB cable you have to make sure it is able to out out 2000mA or the tablet trickle charges and it takes FOREVER . So now I have to go buy a dedicated 2A/2000mA charger for the car. I guess this is a comman problem with the tablets that alot of people ran into. Heres to hoping I can come up with a fix.

Matthew
Old 6/26/13, 10:14 AM
GT Member

Can you post up where you got it?

I am actually thinking of going this route.
Old 6/26/13, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by BadHabit2Break
Can you post up where you got it?

I am actually thinking of going this route.
the one I got was on ebay and I dont think it is available anymore.

Here is one similar...but be warned it too is from an over seas supplier!

http://www.lelong.com.my/pisen-samsu...-05-Sale-P.htm

Last edited by Nocturnal'14; 6/26/13 at 11:29 AM.
Old 6/26/13, 11:29 AM
GT Member

Just go with a 12v 2.1amp power adapter..like this one here:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eea9/

...its easier to get your hands on and will work the same way if you can wire your cig lighter in the console to be switch power.

the one I got was on ebay and I dont think it is available anymore.
Thanks man!
Old 6/26/13, 11:32 AM
Mach 1 Member

your gonna need this too then I believe:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...50#post6675250

Last edited by Nocturnal'14; 6/26/13 at 11:33 AM.
Old 6/28/13, 10:50 AM
Bullitt Member

I have been having really bad charging problems trying different aftermarket chargers I have at home with various USB cords so I bought a OEM Samsung Galaxy car charger on ebay for $14.00 shipped. It should be here Tuesday and we shall see if that works using the Tablet for navi/blue tooth and charging at the same time.

Matthew
Old 6/28/13, 03:12 PM

Just as an FYI, any universal USB charger rated for an iPad will work. 10w and higher units:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss...SB%2Caps%2C169
Old 6/28/13, 03:15 PM

I am going to try this project out. Too bad Tasker is not available from the store anymore. Tested out all of the basic functionality and man did it ever work out perfectly.
Just need to build the new radio face for the Nexus 7.
Old 6/29/13, 08:28 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Six7One
I am going to try this project out. Too bad Tasker is not available from the store anymore. Tested out all of the basic functionality and man did it ever work out perfectly.
Just need to build the new radio face for the Nexus 7.
I saw it in Google Play a couple days ago.
Old 6/30/13, 07:23 AM
Bullitt Member

Yeah its still on Google Play.

Matthew
Old 6/30/13, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Check it out https://themustangsource.com/f803/fi...-200-a-523042/
Old 7/1/13, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Well I got my OEM Samsungpower cord yesterday and it works perfect. Now I can charge and use at the same time. Now to find another face plate to cut up for Permanente install.

Matthew
Old 7/1/13, 10:02 PM

Yeah its still on Google Play.

Matthew
It is, but there's been an error buying it for the last 9 days...I bought AutomateIT and it works fine.
Old 7/2/13, 06:59 AM
Bullitt Member

Could use some help figuring out the SYNC system. I the Tablet in and am trying to get it to play over BT. Problem I am running into is SYNC plays the music on my phone before it will connect with the tablet. If I turn my BT off on the phone (iPhone 4) I lose using SYNC to recieve and make call. Which for me if one of the main reasons I want SYNC.

My question is how do I get SYNC to choose the tablet over the phone for music when I say "Blue Tooth audio"?

Thanks,
Matthew
Old 7/2/13, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

As said before I do not have an iphone (Im using samsung galaxy), so I can not help you with that specifically. I do not use my phone in teh car at all not even hooked up tot snyc due to the fact that no one can ever hear me anyways on teh microphone sync uses.

Anyhow, on my galaxy it gives me the opion to use the phone for audio media, phone or both. I just unclick the audio media option....I have no issues with it connecting to BT on the tablet.
Old 7/2/13, 01:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Could use some help figuring out the SYNC system. I the Tablet in and am trying to get it to play over BT. Problem I am running into is SYNC plays the music on my phone before it will connect with the tablet. If I turn my BT off on the phone (iPhone 4) I lose using SYNC to recieve and make call. Which for me if one of the main reasons I want SYNC.

My question is how do I get SYNC to choose the tablet over the phone for music when I say "Blue Tooth audio"?

Thanks,
Matthew
If you are connecting both the phone and the tablet via Bluetooth, SYNC will only connect to one device at a time, and I believe it will only accept the "Primary" device if it's present. You will need to connect the tablet via USB and the phone via Bluetooth.

There is a thread that shows how to tap the 2nd "Secret" USB port on the SYNC module (above the glove box behind the dash. It's super easy...)

Quick Reply: ~ Tablet Mod Round 2 (7.0 PLus Galaxy)