Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/14, 11:26 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by amustangrocks
Looks like the HVY pebble. Pm me you shipping and I`ll send a sample out to you.
That's what I had before. I'm gonna go with that.
Old 1/30/14, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Beautiful CS, congrats on your purchase. Too bad the weather sucks so we cant drive them, and more snow and ice in the forecast.
Old 1/30/14, 08:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I assume THIS is just black leather?

2014 GT with... Comfort package? Or Premium package? Not too sure on that one.
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-2078766761.jpg   Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-image-3021376447.jpg  
Old 1/30/14, 08:37 PM

Originally Posted by Rog13GTCS
Beautiful CS, congrats on your purchase. Too bad the weather sucks so we cant drive them, and more snow and ice in the forecast.
Thanks Rog.

Rumour here is we're expecting 15-30 inches of snow!!! (Indiana) she'll be sitting pretty for a while with that kind of weather.
Old 1/31/14, 09:54 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Moejoe_989
I assume THIS is just black leather?

2014 GT with... Comfort package? Or Premium package? Not too sure on that one.
Looks like the smooth grain leather. Free samples!!
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-2014-01-29-14.42.41.jpg  
Old 1/31/14, 11:34 AM
grm

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow looks great looked at website is it easy to get a smooth tight fit???
Old 1/31/14, 11:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by grm
wow looks great looked at website is it easy to get a smooth tight fit???
The covers are a good custom fit. We tried to make it as user friendly as we could. Working it smooth with your hands before you lock it on with the bottom plate and latch is the trick. Check out the install instructions. As with anything, you can install this cover in 5 minutes, or you can take your time, use a hair dryer, work it a little. Its up to you how it turns out in the end.
Scroll down to your year cover:
http://www.amustangrocksleather.com/How_to_Install.html

Last edited by amustangrocks; 1/31/14 at 11:58 AM.
Old 2/2/14, 05:46 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

FYI TO ANYONE ORDERING: Make sure that you find the picture of the thread you want on their site somewhere and specify when you order which color you want. They do not show all of their colors in the drop-down box on the order page, so I ended up with two different shades of blue stitch and they'll say too bad and that they can't fix it because it would be too labor intensive. I had to reorder my shift boot and so am out $50 because of it. I was told they don't make much money on that 1 square foot of leather, so they can't do anything for me.
Old 2/4/14, 10:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
FYI TO ANYONE ORDERING: Make sure that you find the picture of the thread you want on their site somewhere and specify when you order which color you want. They do not show all of their colors in the drop-down box on the order page, so I ended up with two different shades of blue stitch and they'll say too bad and that they can't fix it because it would be too labor intensive. I had to reorder my shift boot and so am out $50 because of it. I was told they don't make much money on that 1 square foot of leather, so they can't do anything for me.
Sorry Wheelman. You left out a few facts here. In post #145 I posted pics of the 2 blues, our original blue and the new grabber blue we had just got. In post #189, you asked about it again (and in PM`s) and were certain you wanted grabber blue stitching and i posted the pics again in #190. On your shift boot order in May of 12, in the notes box, you quoted you wanted grabber blue which we did exactly what you asked for.

8 months later now you ordered a armrest cover, and without asking you I sent you thread samples. You could have matched the thread on your shift boot but you decided to go with the darker blue, and in the notes box, quoted that on the order, which we did exactly what you asked for. Now you ask me to restitch the shift boot you ordered 8 months ago because you changed your mind on the thread color, really? We have had customers that both those blue threads matched the seat stitching. So both have been used on Ford seats. I found a member here for you that wants the grabber blue shift boot you have, so your welcome.

Heres a few facts that i should throw out there:

FREE SAMPLES-FREE SAMPLES-FREE SAMPLES. All you have to do is request them.

These are "custom" made per order parts. If we make a mistake on the order, the part gets replaced. We do our very best to make sure every part is the best we can make it.

Leather parts in most cases can Not be restitched. Its really hard to remove stitching and re hit the holes punched in the leather. For a $45 shift boot we would have to charge more than the boot for labor and theres a 50/50 chance it will look bad or just be scrap, so we wont even try.

I am easy to get a hold of if there are any questions. We always do our best to make everyone happy.

Heres another pic of the thread color chart, and the blues posted in post #145 and #190. The spool on the left is the original blue on the chart, the spool on the right is the newest blue, closest we could get to grabber for those that requested it.
NOTE: Grabber blue is not on the original color chart.
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3171.jpg  
Attached Images  
Old 2/4/14, 10:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by amustangrocks
Sorry Wheelman. You left out a few facts here. In post #145 I posted pics of the 2 blues, our original blue and the new grabber blue we had just got. In post #189, you asked about it again (and in PM`s) and were certain you wanted grabber blue stitching and i posted the pics again in #190. On your shift boot order in May of 12, in the notes box, you quoted you wanted grabber blue which we did exactly what you asked for.

8 months later now you ordered a armrest cover, and without asking you I sent you thread samples. You could have matched the thread on your shift boot but you decided to go with the darker blue, and in the notes box, quoted that on the order, which we did exactly what you asked for. Now you ask me to restitch the shift boot you ordered 8 months ago because you changed your mind on the thread color, really? We have had customers that both those blue threads matched the seat stitching. So both have been used on Ford seats. I found a member here for you that wants the grabber blue shift boot you have, so your welcome.

Heres a few facts that i should throw out there:

FREE SAMPLES-FREE SAMPLES-FREE SAMPLES. All you have to do is request them.

These are "custom" made per order parts. If we make a mistake on the order, the part gets replaced. We do our very best to make sure every part is the best we can make it.

Leather parts in most cases can Not be restitched. Its really hard to remove stitching and re hit the holes punched in the leather. For a $45 shift boot we would have to charge more than the boot for labor and theres a 50/50 chance it will look bad or just be scrap, so we wont even try.

I am easy to get a hold of if there are any questions. We always do our best to make everyone happy.

Heres another pic of the thread color chart, and the blues posted in post #145 and #190. The spool on the left is the original blue on the chart, the spool on the right is the newest blue, closest we could get to grabber for those that requested it.
NOTE: Grabber blue is not on the original color chart.
The purpose of my post was to inform others not to make the same mistake, not to go over every detail of our transaction. Yes, I ordered that other blue for the shift boot which ended up not being the same color as Ford's stitch. Then, when I ordered the console cover, I did not go back and re-read through your entire site again. I just ordered. When I did, there was one blue stitch option, which I chose, forgetting that there are other options not listed. Then, when I get the piece, I find that it's not the same, so I ask if it's able to be fixed. You told me that you don't make enough money on that piece to be able to help me. I then ordered another shift boot and told people my experience, so they don't make the same mistake. Could I have avoided the issue if I'd remembered about the different threads? Sure. Should I have to? Shouldn't you make things far less confusing by listing the actual stitch colors you have at checkout instead of just some of them? Or do you make more $ by having customers reorder mistakes? (The guy you said was interested in the shift boot doesn't seem to want it BTW, despite the fact that I offered it at a dirt cheap $25 shipped.) I've been recommending your products since you first started making them and am ordering products from you for a second car now, INCLUDING RE-PURCHASING THE SHIFT BOOT THAT DOESN'T MATCH and you still give me grief on here despite the fact that everything I said is true? You're something else. Here's an idea to keep any of this from happening again: FIX YOUR WEBSITE! You're welcome for my continued patronage.

Last edited by wheelman; 2/4/14 at 12:16 PM.
Old 2/6/14, 08:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My samples came in and here how they match to my 2013 GT/CS with the Alcantra inserts.

Here is the seat design for the GT/CS

Here are the 3 finish available compared to my seats, I guess Medium is the closest match

Here is the Alcantra, as you can see it's not a perfect match but I think I will go with the black as it may fade with some wear.

Last edited by Dineau; 2/6/14 at 08:18 PM.
Old 2/6/14, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Looks like the Med grain for sure. Every hide is different but the grain pattern is there. The Alcantara, not sure what to think but looks like the black is closer.

Because the Med grain is a stiffer leather than the other 2, we are trying one right now to see how using smooth on the curves that sandwich into the console will work out with the Med on the top sides. I`ll get a pic from Marcy when she gets it sewn up, and see what her thoughts are.
Old 2/6/14, 09:08 PM

How cool would it be if you did a leather/carbon fiber armrest cover like the 2012 GTCS?

I wonder why Ford changed to Alcantra the following year?
Old 2/6/14, 09:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
How cool would it be if you did a leather/carbon fiber armrest cover like the 2012 GTCS?

Got a pic of that? We could maybe get the carbon material, but its a vinyl. No comparison to Alcantara.

Hey Dineau heres a pic of a cover. I`m referring to the little curved side strips. You dont really see them when the cover is closed. Its just something we are trying that might make it fit better than having the Med grain on that strip. The Med grain works good for the top side pcs. Its not too bad on the top centers but it takes longer for the latch to break into it. The Alcantara works pretty well on the top center with the latch.
Attached Thumbnails Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers-dscf3151.jpg  
Old 2/7/14, 06:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

So if I understand correctly these are the curved piece that are difficult to do in medium grain ?
Name:  thispiece_zps0e860f0e.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  64.3 KB

Last edited by Dineau; 2/9/14 at 03:31 PM.
Old 2/7/14, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

[QUOTE=Dineau;6754990]So if I understand correctly these are the curved piece that are difficult to do in medium grain ?
Name:  thispiece_zps0e860f0e.jpg
Views: 189
Size:  64.3 KB

Yep thats the side pc. Its not that its harder/easier for us, we have used the Med gran for complete covers, it just might fit better into the console with the softer grain leather on those little strips. Being that you dont hardly see those curved pcs, it might make for a better install. Its just something we are geting ready to try. Your cover will look very much like that one in the pic except for Med grain along side the Alcantara on the top side.
Old 2/7/14, 11:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

[QUOTE=amustangrocks;6755037]
Originally Posted by Dineau
So if I understand correctly these are the curved piece that are difficult to do in medium grain ?

Yep thats the side pc. Its not that its harder/easier for us, we have used the Med gran for complete covers, it just might fit better into the console with the softer grain leather on those little strips. Being that you dont hardly see those curved pcs, it might make for a better install. Its just something we are geting ready to try. Your cover will look very much like that one in the pic except for Med grain along side the Alcantara on the top side.

Great...

I will PM you the info to confirm and will place the order on your website.

Last edited by Dineau; 2/7/14 at 12:07 PM.
Old 2/8/14, 12:14 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would go for the carbon fiber version!
Old 2/9/14, 08:35 PM
GT Member

I finally ordered one of these...they look comfortable and should make my boring base interior look better.
Old 2/10/14, 06:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

I was told that because it was syntetic material it was very warm and people were complaining about their back side always being humid....

With the Alcantra it's much cooler and also I appreciate the fact that you don't slip as much from side to side in those seats, that also why most raqcing seats are made of material rather then leather.

Quick Reply: Padded Leather Console Armrest Covers