Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

oem single disc swap

Search this Thread

Old 3/22/14, 06:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oem single disc swap

I have a 2010 GT Canadian model with the shaker 500 with sync. So it has the 6 disc player. Interested in the raxiom navigation but wont work with 6 disc. My question is if I swap to a single disc player from a 2011 model, do I have to get the dealership to reprogram my car? What else would I need to make the swap?
Old 3/27/14, 06:20 PM
V6 Member

Anybody know what exactly is built into the factory receiver? I found alot of oem single disc receivers on ebay for sale but all have different part numbers. Some have more plugs in the back than others.
Old 3/27/14, 07:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

i believe the sync ones have more plugs in the back than others and youre more than likely going to have to get it reprogramed at the dealership.
Old 3/27/14, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by rockpolisher
I have a 2010 GT Canadian model with the shaker 500 with sync. So it has the 6 disc player. Interested in the raxiom navigation but wont work with 6 disc. My question is if I swap to a single disc player from a 2011 model, do I have to get the dealership to reprogram my car? What else would I need to make the swap?
You will more than likely need to have ASBUILT in the new ACM done.

I don't think it will be more of a problem then that. But i have not verified that statement.

-Matt
Old 3/28/14, 02:04 PM
V6 Member

Thanks guys. Seems like too much trouble for a plug and play navi.
Old 4/3/14, 06:16 PM
Cobra Member

You can always upgrade the audio with a Kenwood GPS/Double Din head unit with ithe iDatalink Maestro setup... Sure it will be pricey, but the install is straight forward and you get a really nice upgrade.
Old 4/19/14, 03:08 PM
V6 Member

Ok, so it has been confirmed on another forum that the raxiom navigation will indeed work with the 6 disc players, but you will only be able to use one slot to play a CD. Not a big deal as I don't use CD's anymore. I wish I found this out before I purchased a single disc player from ebay to replace my 6 disc. On a side note, if you have a 6 disc and want to replace it with single disc, make sure the slots on the back of the player matches up to your 6 disc. Example: if you have satellite radio, or shaker 500 system, you need the single disc player to have those slots to plug into or else your system will not function properly. Another thing I wanted to mention is I did not have to bring my car into the dealership for re-programming. It was straight plug and play. Sirius satellite is built into the player and when I swapped to the single unit, I had a different satellite ID number. Weird thing is I didn't have a subscription to sat radio on the original 6 disc cuz it expired a year ago and I didn't renew it. But now I have alot of satellite radio channels. Bonus to me I guess. Maybe it was the Raxiom navigation that did it but I doubt it. Anyways, I hope this helps others that were on the same boat as me with the 6 disc. Got the raxiom navigation installed last night but haven't played with it yet.
Old 4/19/14, 05:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

donate your six disc to me so i can try to put it in mine.
Old 4/22/14, 07:20 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by rockpolisher
Ok, so it has been confirmed on another forum that the raxiom navigation will indeed work with the 6 disc players, but you will only be able to use one slot to play a CD. Not a big deal as I don't use CD's anymore. I wish I found this out before I purchased a single disc player from ebay to replace my 6 disc. On a side note, if you have a 6 disc and want to replace it with single disc, make sure the slots on the back of the player matches up to your 6 disc. Example: if you have satellite radio, or shaker 500 system, you need the single disc player to have those slots to plug into or else your system will not function properly. Another thing I wanted to mention is I did not have to bring my car into the dealership for re-programming. It was straight plug and play. Sirius satellite is built into the player and when I swapped to the single unit, I had a different satellite ID number. Weird thing is I didn't have a subscription to sat radio on the original 6 disc cuz it expired a year ago and I didn't renew it. But now I have alot of satellite radio channels. Bonus to me I guess. Maybe it was the Raxiom navigation that did it but I doubt it. Anyways, I hope this helps others that were on the same boat as me with the 6 disc. Got the raxiom navigation installed last night but haven't played with it yet.

You bought a radio that was pulled from car before the deactivation signal was sent by Sirius/XM. So you will have free sat radio subscription until they refresh all the radios (they do this often) at which point you will lose the channels.

I have also purchased radio from junkyard that customer had lifetime subscription and never cancelled. That was BONUS!!

Cheers,