'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

MGW Shifter...

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/13, 06:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I WAS an active member... Ever since I got rid of the Z, I no longer frequent it. There were also a lot of dooshes in there...unlike here where folks are mostly cordial are not full of $h!t.
Agreed! Lots of fanboys, that's for sure. Car looks great man
Old 9/22/13, 01:38 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Installed the shifter this morning. It took about an hour and a half or so to do, so that's not too bad. It's a night and day improvement. I can't get over it. Even drove about 60 miles round trip on it tonight and beat on it a little going to a show. Love the precision of it.
Old 9/22/13, 06:34 AM
Cobra Member

Welcome to the club. Now you know why people love this upgrade. Just makes you want to shift. Unlike other mods, I can see the MGW adding to the value of this car in the future, not depreciating. Private sale of course, dealers will just try to get you to believe this will subtract hundreds off the bottom line...
Old 9/22/13, 07:39 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by ace72ace
Welcome to the club. Now you know why people love this upgrade. Just makes you want to shift. Unlike other mods, I can see the MGW adding to the value of this car in the future, not depreciating. Private sale of course, dealers will just try to get you to believe this will subtract hundreds off the bottom line...
Amen to that. Only thing I'm bummed about: I won't get to feel that shifting for a week or two starting disassembly for magnuson today...
Old 9/22/13, 09:51 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
starting disassembly for magnuson today...
YES!
Well worth it bro!
Old 9/22/13, 11:17 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ace72ace
Well I don't plan on selling her for a long time so that doesn't matter too much. But yes I agree with you. A lot of people look for that mod in these cars when they buy them privately. Right now though, what matters to me is the fact I love this mod. And I'm going to enjoy it
Old 9/22/13, 02:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm really really sick and tired of all these MGW recommendation threads and post. You guys are forcing me want to spend $390. There is only so much real positive feedback a man can take :-(
Old 9/22/13, 06:10 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by newpony
I'm really really sick and tired of all these MGW recommendation threads and post. You guys are forcing me want to spend $390. There is only so much real positive feedback a man can take :-(
Hahaha... How do you think I felt a couple years ago when I got it same boat. Now I'm spreading the sickness ... Hehe
Old 9/22/13, 07:39 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by newpony
HA HA!!!
Old 9/23/13, 05:38 PM
GT Member

I ordered the MGW today, but I'm skeptical. Barton 2 post was little improvement with increased NVH, and people rave about that thing. Hoping the MGW provides the wondrous driving experience transformation that people praise it to.

The stock bracket is back on now. It shifts easily, but it feels so fragile. I usually feel like I hit two "chunks" on 1-2, and I feel a little grind/nibble going into third sometimes. None of the problems are consistent, so I don't think I have a synchro issue or anything.

I got the MGW shift ball, and appropriately sized handle, but got the spare OEM size handle as well. Few more bucks whatever. Anyone using MGW with stock ****? I also went for the deluxe jam nut and washer. Any input on that piece? Thanks all.
Old 9/23/13, 07:00 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by jmaStang
I ordered the MGW today, but I'm skeptical. Barton 2 post was little improvement with increased NVH, and people rave about that thing. Hoping the MGW provides the wondrous driving experience transformation that people praise it to.
You must not have read most of the reviews for the MGW shifter. The people that have them, love them. Even some of the people that have gone with the Barton said if they had to do it over, they'd go MGW.
I will be placing an order with MGW as well.
Old 9/23/13, 09:05 PM
GT Member

Yeah that's the thing, I have read plenty of them. I also read plenty of great reviews on the Barton 2 post and was underwhelmed with the results. Like I said, hoping for the best. Being able to confidently shift will take my enjoyment of this car to the next level.

Also, if you are considering ordering, I don't know how limited the MGW production runs are, but I called before I ordered this morning and was told they could ship the next day.

Thanks for the input, love your car.
Old 9/24/13, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by Stage_3
You must not have read most of the reviews for the MGW shifter. The people that have them, love them. Even some of the people that have gone with the Barton said if they had to do it over, they'd go MGW.
I will be placing an order with MGW as well.
I was going to buy the Barton short throw with the 2-post bracket myself... until I read the resounding positive reviews of the MGW. I've had my MGW on now for around 400 miles on my daily driver and absolutely love it. Night and day over the stock piece with only a minor increase in NVH. The increase in vibration is really only below 2K RPM's in 6th gear. Other than that, just as quiet as OEM.

With the MGW and my swap of the OEM trans fluid to Redline MTL next weekend, this thing is going to feel buttery smooth.
Old 9/24/13, 04:05 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by VQ to 5-OH
I was going to buy the Barton short throw with the 2-post bracket myself... until I read the resounding positive reviews of the MGW. I've had my MGW on now for around 400 miles on my daily driver and absolutely love it. Night and day over the stock piece with only a minor increase in NVH. The increase in vibration is really only below 2K RPM's in 6th gear. Other than that, just as quiet as OEM. With the MGW and my swap of the OEM trans fluid to Redline MTL next weekend, this thing is going to feel buttery smooth.
This...
Old 9/24/13, 06:13 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Yeah that's the thing, I have read plenty of them. I also read plenty of great reviews on the Barton 2 post and was underwhelmed with the results. Like I said, hoping for the best. Being able to confidently shift will take my enjoyment of this car to the next level.
Also, if you are considering ordering, I don't know how limited the MGW production runs are, but I called before I ordered this morning and was told they could ship the next day. Thanks for the input, love your car.
You're welcome. You will love your MGW.
Thanks for the kind words man.

I was going to buy the Barton short throw with the 2-post bracket myself... until I read the resounding positive reviews of the MGW. I've had my MGW on now for around 400 miles on my daily driver and absolutely love it. Night and day over the stock piece with only a minor increase in NVH. The increase in vibration is really only below 2K RPM's in 6th gear. Other than that, just as quiet as OEM.
With the MGW and my swap of the OEM trans fluid to Redline MTL next weekend, this thing is going to feel buttery smooth.
You said it bro! MGW = awesomeness.
Old 9/25/13, 01:26 AM
GT Member

The stock bracket is back on now. It shifts easily, but it feels so fragile. I usually feel like I hit two "chunks" on 1-2, and I feel a little grind/nibble going into third sometimes. None of the problems are consistent, so I don't think I have a synchro issue or anything.

I got the MGW shift ball, and appropriately sized handle, but got the spare OEM size handle as well. Few more bucks whatever. Anyone using MGW with stock ****? I also went for the deluxe jam nut and washer. Any input on that piece? Thanks all.
I'm using the stock **** on my MGW. With mine being a Roush, I wanted to reuse it. It has a different way they go on. Yes the ball screws on normally but it locks in place by a "Sleeve". Works the same as a the jam nut. I don't know what else to call it. But I had no issues installing it with the stock ball. I just reused the "sleeve" and ball and it works great.
Attached Images  

Last edited by Ian_289; 9/25/13 at 01:28 AM.
Old 9/25/13, 04:44 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Ian_289
I'm using the stock **** on my MGW. With mine being a Roush, I wanted to reuse it. It has a different way they go on. Yes the ball screws on normally but it locks in place by a "Sleeve". Works the same as a the jam nut. I don't know what else to call it. But I had no issues installing it with the stock ball. I just reused the "sleeve" and ball and it works great.
But how will people "know" you have an MGW? You gotta FLAUNT it! With the MGW labeled shift ****! hehe
Old 9/25/13, 06:02 AM

But how will people "know" you have an MGW? You gotta FLAUNT it! With the MGW labeled shift ****! hehe
You know I was thinking about that myself lol... I have a black Steeda ball on the MGW now, but about to pick up a TWM M1 Abrams weighted **** shortly. Ah well, I could get my powdercoater guy to stencil the MGW logo on the TWM **** for me
Old 9/25/13, 10:20 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
You're welcome. You will love your MGW.
Thanks for the kind words man.

You said it bro! MGW = awesomeness.
Tony... all this positive vibe about MGW, and yet you still don't have one... GET ONE ALREADY All that Roush goodness, and no MGW to enjoy it with

(just giving ya grief

You know I was thinking about that myself lol... I have a black Steeda ball on the MGW now, but about to pick up a TWM M1 Abrams weighted **** shortly. Ah well, I could get my powdercoater guy to stencil the MGW logo on the TWM **** for me
That would not be a bad idea!
Old 9/25/13, 04:40 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Tony... all this positive vibe about MGW, and yet you still don't have one... GET ONE ALREADY All that Roush goodness, and no MGW to enjoy it with
(just giving ya grief )
I know, right Burton.
I was thinking about it while working out today. And the day before that and the day before that. lol I have to work late tomorrow, so it won't be tomorrow. Maybe Friday, if I don't work late. (We're bombed at work, which is a good thing. )

Quick Reply: MGW Shifter...