Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Green stitch

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/13, 07:09 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V

It looks factory. That's what I was going for overall with my car. I love how my car looked right off the lot. I just wanted to amplify the things that made it good. Your mod gave my interior some jump while looking like it came that way.
Yeah I really like that it does it does that too. Not to far out there but looks incredible
Old 6/4/13, 07:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Your thread inspired me. That's a sneaky way of saying I copied you. Here are some pics for those considering red.
Looks great! You need a red shifter **** now. Just sayin
Old 6/4/13, 07:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio

Looks great! You need a red shifter **** now. Just sayin
Lol. I like my ****. Wait, that sounded wrong. I think I've got enough red. I was actually worried it would be too much with the red stitching.
Old 6/4/13, 07:52 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Lol... I like a black or red ****. I can't believe I just typed that.
Old 6/4/13, 09:07 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Lol... I like a black or red ****. I can't believe I just typed that.
Lol. I can't comment. Anything I say would involve jail time.
Old 6/4/13, 09:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if this would work with cloth recaro's.
Old 6/4/13, 10:12 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by mikeyt03
I wonder if this would work with cloth recaro's.
I'd be a little to a lot scared. The leather seats have a portion of the seat that is fabric. It is on the inside of the seat by the center console, so you can't see it. It absorbed the die when I colored those white stitches. I didn't freak because I can't really see it. On the part of a seat that is visible, I think it would look like crap.
Old 6/4/13, 10:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Got my interior stitch dying done a awesome lime green to match the car. I absolutely love it, I've been outside a few times every hour to just look. I've been wanting to spice up the interior now for so long. Thought of painting the dash inserts but I could see I was never going to get to this. I don't like the sticker overlays so that was all ruled out. These pics are all real quick shots I've taken with my phone I can post more if some would like.
Your thread inspired me. That's a sneaky way of saying I copied you. Here are some pics for those considering red.
Looks awesome, guys!!!!
Old 6/5/13, 05:49 AM
Cobra R Member

I'd be a little to a lot scared. The leather seats have a portion of the seat that is fabric. It is on the inside of the seat by the center console, so you can't see it. It absorbed the die when I colored those white stitches. I didn't freak because I can't really see it. On the part of a seat that is visible, I think it would look like crap.
Yep, that was the hardest part with out a doubt. I was verrrrry careful on that part. I wouldn't do a whole cloth seat personally
Old 6/5/13, 06:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hmmm one last question before I do this. If I have problems with stitching down the road, do you think Ford would void the warranty? I can see them trying to say chemicals in the dye caused issues.
Old 6/5/13, 06:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Rando
Hmmm one last question before I do this. If I have problems with stitching down the road, do you think Ford would void the warranty? I can see them trying to say chemicals in the dye caused issues.
I don't think there's any definite answer for that. Who really knows. I don't see any problems coming up with stitching though besides things like fraying which is your own fault and they won't cover that anyways. Worst case, roush take offs are like 150. Regardless your going to love it
Old 6/5/13, 08:51 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13

I don't think there's any definite answer for that. Who really knows. I don't see any problems coming up with stitching though besides things like fraying which is your own fault and they won't cover that anyways. Worst case, roush take offs are like 150. Regardless your going to love it
I agree. I think any damage to the seats would be considered wear. I think most claims on seats are difficult, in general. I already have 22,000 miles on my car. This makes me less concerned.

And yes, you'll love how it looks.
Old 6/5/13, 11:05 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Lol. I can't comment. Anything I say would involve jail time.
What color red did you use? I have the optional leather with the white stripe in the middle. Wonder if it would dye that as well
Old 6/5/13, 11:09 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by conv_stang

What color red did you use? I have the optional leather with the white stripe in the middle. Wonder if it would dye that as well
It would dye it I'm sure, but I'm not sure how good it would look, does it also have white stitching? I'd probably just do the stitching and go with red/ white theme
Old 6/5/13, 11:26 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You dyed it from white to green, right? Dying black stitching probably wouldn't work, would it?
Old 6/5/13, 11:29 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Skylar
You dyed it from white to green, right? Dying black stitching probably wouldn't work, would it?
Right, no it wouldn't. My door panels have a very cool pattern that I would have also done had it been white, but they are black. But I'm happy with the amount of green there is now
Old 6/5/13, 06:38 PM

I just used a fabric dye marker by Marvy, that I got from Michael's. I used the wet sock technique to wipe up the stuff on the leather and it came out good. The stitching on the fabric portion near the center console was a *****. It's not as dark as the leather portions stitching but it blends. I got a crimson red to match my candy apple red 12' GT
Old 6/5/13, 06:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by thinblueline
I just used a fabric dye marker by Marvy, that I got from Michael's. I used the wet sock technique to wipe up the stuff on the leather and it came out good. The stitching on the fabric portion near the center console was a *****. It's not as dark as the leather portions stitching but it blends. I got a crimson red to match my candy apple red 12' GT
How do you like it? Yeah the cloth part of the seats are very hard to get and will bring you to your breaking point in a hot car like the 2 days I did mine..
Lets see it!?
Old 6/5/13, 09:29 PM

Two days? Lol I toughed it out and did it all in about 2 hrs but I was a cussing mess.

Here it is:

Green stitch-image-768429411.jpg

Green stitch-image-3079835529.jpg

Green stitch-image-2495610703.jpg

It's really red in person but my bright LEDs are washing it out in the photo.
Old 6/6/13, 03:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by thinblueline
Two days? Lol I toughed it out and did it all in about 2 hrs but I was a cussing mess.

Here it is:

It's really red in person but my bright LEDs are washing it out in the photo.
Yea It was so hot so I split it into 2 days, 4 hours or so. 2 is really good. I'm also having trouble catching the stitch looking the true color, but nonetheless looks good!

Last edited by Hadtohaveit'13; 6/6/13 at 07:19 AM.

Quick Reply: Green stitch