Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Ford Sync makes me want to trade my GT

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/16, 08:25 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
It should still read the messages out loud. I personally don't like having the car read messages because it interrupts my music, especially if someone sends me multiple messages. My friend has a Note 5 and his '14 will read the messages. I just keep a $25 3 year old windows phone in my car in airplane mode with Bluetooth on and use it purely for a media player with a 64gb SD card. Works pretty well and is waaaay cheaper than buying an mp3 player and I don't have to keep all that music on my 32gb phone
Old 3/18/16, 09:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
lol mine used to do that until I did the sync update. It did it again 6 months later, I pulled the Sync fuse for 3 minutes, and everything was fine again. Have you tried either of those? The latest Sync update is actually pretty good and remembers that I was on bluetooth audio every time I start the car, as long as nothing is plugged into the USB port
Yeah mine says it's the latest version (2012 car SYNC v4.4). I have had to pull the SYCC fuse around 10 times now when it doesn't recognize my voice prompts (acts like I didn't even speak) or just won't connect to my phone manually (via menu buttons). My main issue/complaint is with it not reconnecting to my phone via Bluetooth 99% of the time I leave the car and having to say "BLUETOOTH AUDIO" almost every time I get back in the car. I have found it has a better chance to reconnect automatically if I just leave the radio on when I shut the car off. If I shut the radio off before the car it will NEVER reconnect by itself when I turn the radio back on.

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 3/18/16 at 09:17 AM.
Old 3/18/16, 09:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
Yeah mine says it's the latest version (2012 car SYNC v4.4). I have had to pull the SYCC fuse around 10 times now when it doesn't recognize my voice prompts (acts like I didn't even speak) or just won't connect to my phone manually (via menu buttons). My main issue/complaint is with it not reconnecting to my phone via Bluetooth 99% of the time I leave the car and having to say "BLUETOOTH AUDIO" almost every time I get back in the car. I have found it has a better chance to reconnect automatically if I just leave the radio on when I shut the car off. If I shut the radio off before the car it will NEVER reconnect by itself when I turn the radio back on.
That's weird...mine reverts back to BT Audio almost every time. The only time it doesn't is if I have the device plugged in to the USB port. It's some sort of glitch where it senses the phone is plugged in, so it doesn't revert back to BT audio. Do you have any devices plugged into the USB port?
Old 3/18/16, 09:22 AM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
Does yours still read texts and notify you that you have a text? I love how Bluetooth audio continues where I left off and even displays song titles and artists. I miss it reading my messages to me. That was a cool feature.
Which phone do you have, Mr. V?

Rebecca
Old 3/18/16, 10:14 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
That's weird...mine reverts back to BT Audio almost every time. The only time it doesn't is if I have the device plugged in to the USB port. It's some sort of glitch where it senses the phone is plugged in, so it doesn't revert back to BT audio. Do you have any devices plugged into the USB port?
I do have just my phone charging cable plugged in and the wire ran under the center column up to the glove compartment. There is nothing connected to it and I did have the problems before I ran that cable. Does yours reconnect even if you turn the radio of before exiting, then turning the radio back on when you return??
Old 3/18/16, 10:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'll test that out today if I get the car out and let you know
Old 3/19/16, 12:42 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Which phone do you have, Mr. V?

Rebecca
I have an iPhone 6 Plus.
Old 3/19/16, 09:31 AM

Mr. V,

Do yo have SHOW NOTIFICATIONS turned on in the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ur-iphone.html Review these steps, and let me know.

Shaay
Old 3/19/16, 05:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Mr. V,

Do yo have SHOW NOTIFICATIONS turned on in the Bluetooth settings of your iPhone: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ur-iphone.html Review these steps, and let me know.

Shaay
I thought I had gone through all of the steps listed. I went through them again and now it works. Thank you.
Old 3/20/16, 06:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by MADSCOTSMAN
I do have just my phone charging cable plugged in and the wire ran under the center column up to the glove compartment. There is nothing connected to it and I did have the problems before I ran that cable. Does yours reconnect even if you turn the radio of before exiting, then turning the radio back on when you return??
I tested this out today twice, and both times it would return to Bluetooth audio
Old 3/21/16, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I thought I had gone through all of the steps listed. I went through them again and now it works. Thank you.
You're welcome!

Shaay
Old 3/25/16, 09:46 AM
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I put in a Pioneer 8100NEX - Bluetooth, navigation, Android Play, IPlay and things I haven't discovered yet plus a backup camera. I did have a professional install it which added to the cost of course but still worth it. I didn't keep the synch - but kept the use of my steering wheel buttons. I love it!
Old 3/25/16, 03:17 PM
Bullitt Member

Another interesting cage match with Sync 2 days ago.... Got in the car and started it up. SYNC connected to my phone and when I hit play on my iPhone (6plus) sound only came from the phone although it said it was connected and so did my radio. Clicked the voice button on the steering wheel and for the 20th time since I've owned the car, SYNC couldn't hear any of my voice commands and trying to hook to Bluetooth manually through the radio, the car would connect to my phone then instantly disconnect. When I got to my sons school I pulled the SYNC fuse again (at this point I need to wire in a manual switch to break that connection). Got back in the driver's seat and everything seemed OK. Driving home with my son the radio suddenly disconnected from SYNC AGAIN and I couldn't get any sound or buttons to work on the radio or the steering wheel. I turned off the radio (screen went black) and with the radio off, SYNC suddenly tried to respond to me pushing the voice command button before I turned the radio off. With the radio off it started talking through the speakers of the car "Line in, say command" a few times before fading out amidst the third time it was saying it. Left the radio off until I got home then turned it off and everything worked fine. Car is a 2012 and now has 12000 miles on it (had 1200 when I bought it)... Wondering if my extended warranty would cover replacing the head unit or SYNC module if Ford can still get a new one, or if that would even help?!?!?

Last edited by MADSCOTSMAN; 3/25/16 at 03:19 PM.
Old 3/25/16, 04:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

wow, if you've had to pull the fuse that many times, it sounds like there might be a hardware issue going on instead of just software. I'd call the dealer and see if your extended warranty covers it.
Old 3/25/16, 04:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Holy Exorcist Batman !!!!!

Get the demons out !

RWSRWS