Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Door panel leather insert removal??

Search this Thread

Old 2/9/14, 05:10 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Door panel leather insert removal??

Forgive me if this has been asked 1000 times already but I can't seem to find the information I need. About two weeks ago I bought my first mustang. It's a 2010 v6 base model with 43,000 miles. Before anyone says I should have gotten a v8 I am 18 years old.... I just couldn't afford the insurance of a GT. Anyways back to the question! I have been upgrading the interior over the past two weeks and would like to switch out the boring leather/vinyl door panel inserts. I don't have nearly enough money to buy a set of premium door panels... I was hoping someone here could provide me with pictures of what is behind the leather/vinyl? I know they can be removed but would just like to know what it looks like behind the leather/vinyl. I am assuming there is a layer of foam behind the leather to give it some padding?? Like I said any pictures from people who have done this before would be greatly appreciated!!
Old 2/9/14, 05:43 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Hey Zack. Congrats on your new Mustang. While I, personally, have not removed the door panel inserts on my 2011 GT Premium, my dealer has. I was the lucky recipient of a free Katzkin leather interior upgrade, which included the door panel inserts. Unfortunately, those inserts were the toughest challenge for the dealership. It took several attempts for them to get it right, and properly secured into place. My advise is for you to use caution on this project, or to focus on a different mod. Good luck!
Old 2/9/14, 06:01 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PJRManagement
Hey Zack. Congrats on your new Mustang. While I, personally, have not removed the door panel inserts on my 2011 GT Premium, my dealer has. I was the lucky recipient of a free Katzkin leather interior upgrade, which included the door panel inserts. Unfortunately, those inserts were the toughest challenge for the dealership. It took several attempts for them to get it right, and properly secured into place. My advise is for you to use caution on this project, or to focus on a different mod. Good luck!
Really now? Congrats on that upgrade! But I see... I wasn't expecting this to be an easy mod but it worries me a little that the dealership had such a hard time with the panels...