Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

Dash radio display clear plastic replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 11/20/13, 09:42 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by 70monte
Deysha, I will let you know what happens. I posted what my conversation was with the customer service guy from Ford on the post in the Warranty and Service issue section of this forum. He said he will get back with me at some point when he finds out more information from the dealer. Thanks again.
No problem, 70monte. Thanks!

Deysha
Old 11/20/13, 04:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FordService
No problem, 70monte. Thanks!

Deysha

I sent you a PM and posted what I found out today in the warranty and service section of the forum.

Wayne
Old 11/21/13, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by 70monte
I sent you a PM and posted what I found out today in the warranty and service section of the forum.
Thanks, 70monte. I'll go over it and get back to you soon.

Deysha
Old 2/10/14, 05:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry for the thread bump but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with the radio surface delamination issue. About 3 months ago a small spot appeared and finally took over my entire radio surface. It was almost impossible to see with the light shining on it. I knew I had never cleaned the surface with anything so I had no idea what it could be. I was in the shop getting an oil change and mentioned it to them and they told me they get about 1 a month of these happening on the Escapes and only had it happen on a few Mustangs. They ordered the module for me and replaced it today in about 15 minutes free under warranty. They said they're not sure what causes it but think it's heating/cooling or the sun.

Old 2/13/14, 05:48 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I noticed this happening to mine. Noticed it after the car was setting in the garage in the freeze we had. I thought it was from frost and hoped it would disappear once the car warmed up, it didn't. I will wait until it warms up around here and see about cleaning it up or replacing it.
Old 2/13/14, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by smiley
Sorry for the thread bump but just wanted to let you know you're not the only one with the radio surface delamination issue. About 3 months ago a small spot appeared and finally took over my entire radio surface. It was almost impossible to see with the light shining on it. I knew I had never cleaned the surface with anything so I had no idea what it could be. I was in the shop getting an oil change and mentioned it to them and they told me they get about 1 a month of these happening on the Escapes and only had it happen on a few Mustangs. They ordered the module for me and replaced it today in about 15 minutes free under warranty. They said they're not sure what causes it but think it's heating/cooling or the sun.
Thanks for the update, smiley!

Originally Posted by tbone004
I noticed this happening to mine. Noticed it after the car was setting in the garage in the freeze we had. I thought it was from frost and hoped it would disappear once the car warmed up, it didn't. I will wait until it warms up around here and see about cleaning it up or replacing it.
I recommend you bring it in to your Ford Dealer as soon as possible, tbone004. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate this for you as well.

Deysha
Old 3/29/14, 10:55 PM

I have the same problem with my 2012. I'll go to the dealer Monday, but with my luck they will blame it on me and say so sad to bad.
Old 4/1/14, 09:21 AM
GT Member

I noticed this on mine over the weekend. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how it got all scratched up.
Old 4/1/14, 06:33 PM

I was dead wrong. went to my local Ford dealer Monday, (Vanderhyde Ford) and they said " We'll replace it for you, its fully covered".
Old 4/2/14, 01:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by blackcloud
I was dead wrong. went to my local Ford dealer Monday, (Vanderhyde Ford) and they said " We'll replace it for you, its fully covered".
Yeah I had mine replaced about 6 months ago. If you have a 2011-2012 you'll get the updated version display will look a lot different
Old 4/3/14, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by BadHabit2Break
I noticed this on mine over the weekend. I was scratching my head trying to figure out how it got all scratched up.
Be sure to bring yours in as soon as possible, BadHabit2Break. Let me know if you need me.

Originally Posted by blackcloud
Glad to know you brought it in and it was handled, blackcloud.

Deysha
Old 4/12/14, 05:07 PM
V6 Member

I just wish it had come with a more modern lcd display rather than than 1990's looking digital display.