Notices
'10-14 Interior and Audio Place to discuss 2010-2014 interior and audio type modifications.

3M CF Vinyl interior wrapping

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/12, 12:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hytek
Are you referring to the console pieces or the actual dash inserts? Console comes out easy, just open the arm rest and pull up on the cup holders. Around the radio is held in by a few screws. As for the actual dash pieces, I'm not sure they come off easily, if they even come off at all. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.
I'm talking about the dash inserts. How do you remove them?
Old 2/19/12, 07:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure if 10+s are the same but in 05-09s it seems like theyre snap-in and IIRC this was the case when I modded my headlight control but when trying to get the door handle trim out yesterday I had to stop because I started to mar the edges. I was using a thin screwdriver but could use something rubber/plastic but cant figure out what to use. Will try again tomorrow.
Old 2/20/12, 09:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are you referring to the console pieces or the actual dash inserts? Console comes out easy, just open the arm rest and pull up on the cup holders. Around the radio is held in by a few screws. As for the actual dash pieces, I'm not sure they come off easily, if they even come off at all. Maybe someone else can chime in on that.
Originally Posted by Jaysmtang
I'm talking about the dash inserts. How do you remove them?
Start with the cluster housing, just use your hands and pull on it and it will pop out, after that move UNDER the dash but dropping the glove box(2 push tags to get it over the dash material) and you will see 2(10mm?) bolts, unclip the airbag(also disconnect the battery). After you remove the airbag you can then remove the center vents with 3(?) 10mm bolts and the outter air vents will pull out. This is ALL off memory so forgive me if I am off a bit.
Old 2/20/12, 10:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by slostang

Start with the cluster housing, just use your hands and pull on it and it will pop out, after that move UNDER the dash but dropping the glove box(2 push tags to get it over the dash material) and you will see 2(10mm?) bolts, unclip the airbag(also disconnect the battery). After you remove the airbag you can then remove the center vents with 3(?) 10mm bolts and the outter air vents will pull out. This is ALL off memory so forgive me if I am off a bit.
Good info thanks man!
Old 2/23/12, 06:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CaptDistraction
can you get a shot like mine, a bit wider covering the whole dash? I'm trying to decide if that center stack would be too much or not.
Please, I am also curious.
Old 2/23/12, 07:01 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by slostang
Please, I am also curious.
Completely forgot to post them.

I'll get them of my camera soon.
Old 3/4/12, 11:38 AM
Cobra Member

Old 3/4/12, 12:05 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

FYI: I made a video of a dash piece wrap using Scotchprint that you can find here.
Old 3/4/12, 12:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
FYI: I made a video of a dash piece wrap using Scotchprint that you can find here.
Thanks man! I had a couple Ah Ha! moments watching that. I'm going to try it again now.
Old 3/4/12, 12:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hmm, I can't decide if I want to wrap my center piece. It has an odd stain in the finish that Ford refused to fix (and I'm sure had been there since I bought it, but alas).

I may give it a try and see.
Old 3/4/12, 01:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by CaptDistraction
hmm, I can't decide if I want to wrap my center piece. It has an odd stain in the finish that Ford refused to fix (and I'm sure had been there since I bought it, but alas).

I may give it a try and see.
How did you wrap your dash inserts?
Old 3/5/12, 12:26 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks man! I had a couple Ah Ha! moments watching that. I'm going to try it again now.
Nice; glad to help! Here's a pic of the two pieces done from the video. Now if I could get over this insane sinus infection, I can do the rest!

Old 3/5/12, 08:04 PM

Looks bad a$$.
Old 3/28/12, 11:11 PM

Finally got around to doing mine this past weekend. I painted the guage and vent bezels flat black also. I didn't much care for the chrome. I kinda f'ed up on the air bag cover, so I'll have to redo it pretty soon. I could'nt get the **** cover panel loose from those metal teeth, so I wrapped it while it was on the bag, and it was a *****. I covered the entire panel and was going to cut it down the middle to tuck it under. I cut a couple inches and it wasn't looking right, so I left the rest intact. the part that I cut has come untucked a bit, and I couldn't get the corners on the airbag panel to hold very good. there's not much flat surface area along the edges to get the vinyl tucked. Anyone have any advice on getting that panel done??? I think I have a plan, but I'm gonna wait til I'm sure before I go to the trouble of removing that thing again. I found out the top piece of my airbag panel is a little warped too, wtf? Right by the corner toward the center vents. I'm prob the only one that will ever notice; just weird though. Any way PICSwill get better ones at some point

Whatya think?
Old 3/29/12, 05:59 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by HOTRODD77
Finally got around to doing mine this past weekend. I painted the guage and vent bezels flat black also. I didn't much care for the chrome.

Whatya think?
It looks really good with the gauges and vents painted
Sorry cant help with the vinyl.
Old 3/31/12, 04:06 PM
V6 Member

For the passenger side airbag dash, did you guys just use 1 piece of vinyl? Or was a slit made for if ever the airbag deployed?
Old 3/31/12, 07:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by perfect storm
For the passenger side airbag dash, did you guys just use 1 piece of vinyl? Or was a slit made for if ever the airbag deployed?
The stuff is pretty strong and I wouldnt want to take chances with my airbag so Id just do the panels, not the seam between them. I assume thats where it deploys from, from between the upper & lower "panels".
Old 3/31/12, 08:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Do the panels over the air bag pop out? It looks like it does but I don't want to pull on it and have the **** thing deploy.
Old 3/31/12, 09:03 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I like this look, but not more than my 500's if I had a regular mustang, I would definitely cover it because it looks terrible IMO.
Old 3/31/12, 09:39 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
I like this look, but not more than my 500's if I had a regular mustang, I would definitely cover it because it looks terrible IMO.
That's exactly why I'm doing mine. I hate the plain silver. I'll have some pics of mine up in an hour or two, just need to finish around the passenger air bag.

Quick Reply: 3M CF Vinyl interior wrapping