Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

What color stripes and How wide?

Search this Thread

Old 8/25/10, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
You did ask him, and he told you. I do have to say, if you're not buying the car, you just don't appreciate it quite the same as if you've put some blood, sweat, and tears into it.

I thought about it some more, I'd put some black vinyl on the power dome portion of the hood, and between the taillights. Simple, but unique enough to get attention.
I'm getting a visual and it seems like camaro style. Ehh, I like stripes that go all the down the car. It just doesn't look right if it doesn't go all the way down. But the full body stripe on most other cars looks ugly. Like the camaro.
Old 8/25/10, 02:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
Is this the place where I jump in with one of my old Hamilton jokes? (I grew up in Toronto) Nah... I'll leave it alone.
Have at it, I'm not from Hamilton nor do I live IN Hamilton. I live in Glanbrook/Ancaster. I make fun of Hamiltonians, too. Mind you, if you're a hockey, football or baseball fan, I wouldn't admit that I was from Toronto, either.

Originally Posted by madden903
Was that supposed to offend me?
Do I really care?
(Answer: Not really)
But since your dad bought your car, shouldn't he be on the forum too?
Old 8/25/10, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
Have at it, I'm not from Hamilton nor do I live IN Hamilton. I live in Glanbrook/Ancaster. I make fun of Hamiltonians, too. Mind you, if you're a hockey, football or baseball fan, I wouldn't admit that I was from Toronto, either.

Do I really care?
(Answer: Not really)
But since your dad bought your car, shouldn't he be on the forum too?
Oh good one. Darn, you really got me there. And no, he's on GT forums.
Old 8/25/10, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Shoot, I wouldn't be any less proud of my Mustang had my parents bought it. There's no need to pick on him because his dad bought it, it only makes you look jealous. Mind you, I definitely am jealous. Car payments aren't fun, you know!
Old 8/25/10, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
Shoot, I wouldn't be any less proud of my Mustang had my parents bought it. There's no need to pick on him because his dad bought it, it only makes you look jealous. Mind you, I definitely am jealous. Car payments aren't fun, you know!
Thanks man, I am very proud of my mustang. To be 16 and have a sample of my dream car is amazing. I really don't see how this dude can think he's offending me. Since when is it an insult to have something nice? Hahaha.
Old 8/25/10, 03:54 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No offense, but you're asking for opinions then shooting them down. This thread was useless.
Old 8/25/10, 03:57 PM

No offense, but you're asking for opinions then shooting them down. This thread was useless.
Yes, I asked for opinions, so what if I shoot them down. I just haven't found any I like.
Old 8/25/10, 03:58 PM
GTR Member

Yes, I asked for opinions, so what if I shoot them down. I just haven't found any I like.
How about you go find something you like and just post pictures when you're done? Seems like a much better solution.
Old 8/25/10, 04:05 PM

How about you go find something you like and just post pictures when you're done? Seems like a much better solution.
K....?
Old 8/25/10, 04:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0
No, I'm not jealous at all. See, we all have priorities in life. He's 16, I'm not. When I was 16 I had a cool, fast car, I bought and built it myself and I was grateful for it.

25 years and four kids later, a Mustang wasn't practical for me for some time. Had a 99 Taurus SHO, was pretty good for a "family car". The ST can hold its own. Bought and paid for 10 new vehicles in my life. Instead of running out and buying myself or my kids a new "toy" car, I'm putting one kid through university for medicine and the other through college. Those are my priorities this year.

I don't have a problem with the kid getting a free car, after all, I'm paying $60,000 for 2/3 of my oldest son's education: he'll have to come up with the balance (ie HIS blood sweat and tears).

What I have an issue with is a kid who didn't buy his own car talking smack about me because I post here without owning a Mustang {yet}. I'm here not only because I'm researching what I want before I buy it, I also provide some insight to the manufacturing process (because I work at Ford) and in some cases help people track their cars.

The point is, if you want to talk smack, at least don't ride on daddy's coattails while you do it. Capiche?
Old 8/25/10, 04:12 PM
Banned

K....?
Did you try the "configurator" I posted above yet?
Old 8/26/10, 07:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
I hear ya... You can tell you're getting close to Toronto when the mileage sign on the QEW says "Mississauga 10, Argos 0".

One evening things were getting hot and heavy with my girlfriend and she said "kiss me where it smells" so I drove her to Hamilton.
Old 8/27/10, 08:02 AM
Cobra Member

Never been to Canada. All reports are that Canadians are some extremely nice people. I have to think that other than the cold as hell during the winter thing (I grew up in Florida and CA) it's an outstanding country and they make Fords there!!!

As per stripes. My last mustang an 05 was black with Silver Metallic Shelby style stripes. On the lower stripe it said GT 281....because it was a GT with a 281. Since ford offers stripe packages which are similar to the shelby tradition for non shelby cars, you have to assume that they are not all posing.

There is an **** down the street from me with an 05 Corvette that he has z06 emblems on. No wide body kit, just the badges. He is a poser and a poor one. Put a cobra emblem in place of the 5.0 or tri bar pony....POSING!

Stripes without badges or BOSS 302, I imho see nothing wrong with it. People modify mustangs to their tastes. The current mustang is retro, it is in effect posing as something from the past, because we appreciate the styling of the past. Make yourself happy.

At 16 I was driving a 69 Mach1 really poorly but with immense enthusiasm. My best friend had a 68 camaro rs ss. His was way faster! C'est la vie!
Old 8/27/10, 10:47 AM
Bullitt Member

The way this thread is going, we might see another "Value of a Name: The Masterpiece that is CARROL SHELBY" thread on our hands here soon, lol.
Old 8/27/10, 02:48 PM
Banned

Like I've always said, it's your car, do with it as you wish.

But for me, personally, I wouldn't get striping on my car that is identical to any "special edition" ie Shelby that was offered at the same model year. It would feel to me that was posing (and bear in mind that I never called the OP a poseur but said "[putting on Shelby stripes] is sorta like "being a poseur".")

For example, we have a few Shelbys in my area, when I see it coming towards me on the highway I recognize it as the Shelby right away by the striping. I would think that if I striped my (future) GT similarly, I would hate someone else thinking "Cool, a Shelby; Oh, it's a normal GT, what a poseur".

That's my opinion, and I'm not alone. You can disagree or agree if you wish, that's what makes the 'net fun.
Old 8/27/10, 03:01 PM
GTR Member

Like I've always said, it's your car, do with it as you wish.

But for me, personally, I wouldn't get striping on my car that is identical to any "special edition" ie Shelby that was offered at the same model year. It would feel to me that was posing (and bear in mind that I never called the OP a poseur but said "[putting on Shelby stripes] is sorta like "being a poseur".")

For example, we have a few Shelbys in my area, when I see it coming towards me on the highway I recognize it as the Shelby right away by the striping. I would think that if I striped my (future) GT similarly, I would hate someone else thinking "Cool, a Shelby; Oh, it's a normal GT, what a poseur".

That's my opinion, and I'm not alone. You can disagree or agree if you wish, that's what makes the 'net fun.
+1. I'm a purist. Imitation of any reasonable resemblance of a product is a bad thing, unless you have the chops to back it up. Do something unique and you'll get more feedback.
Old 8/27/10, 04:09 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1. I'm a purist. Imitation of any reasonable resemblance of a product is a bad thing, unless you have the chops to back it up. Do something unique and you'll get more feedback.
This.

Ford copied my stripe design plans (minus the roof) for the new BOSS so now that is out the window
Old 8/27/10, 04:28 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
This.

Ford copied my stripe design plans (minus the roof) for the new BOSS so now that is out the window
I would still consider doing the dome on the hood and rear decklid because it's not specific to any one model. It also doesn't have a name or model reference on the decal.
Old 8/27/10, 05:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

If you do the double strip I think it should be at least 10 inches wide to 10.5 wide. I also like the big stripe in the center with the two thin on each side but the white one shown earlier in this thread is to thin the center needs to be wider. I'm to lazy to find examples and post them.
Old 8/27/10, 05:46 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would still consider doing the dome on the hood and rear decklid because it's not specific to any one model. It also doesn't have a name or model reference on the decal.
true. But I think I've decided to leave her stripeless. I fear I would like the stripe for a while than grow tired of them..

Quick Reply: What color stripes and How wide?