Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/10, 09:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wouldn't installing louvers make visibility worse when backing up? I know the rear windows are not very usable to begin with but it seems installing louvers makes them completely unusable.
Old 7/23/10, 09:55 AM
Cobra Member

I have pretty good visibility out the louvers.

Old 7/23/10, 10:02 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you're thinking of the usual stick-on louvers. That's what makes SHR's louvers so great.. still usable as windows. They're the only louver I'd ever consider. I dont' have them but wish I did. Someday though. See what I mean:
Old 7/23/10, 10:19 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Thank you very much. Mind if we quote you on that Randy?
Be my guest. Once I have some decent photos, I plan on submitting a couple for the Customer section on the SHR website.
Old 7/23/10, 10:24 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by newpony
Wouldn't installing louvers make visibility worse when backing up?
Being that they are made of Lexan, not glass, the view through them does look a just a little "wavy", but it's certainly not what I would call an obstruction. I'm very satisfied with the visibility. I suppose someone in the back seat who wants to look straight out to the side would have their view obscured, but from the front seats, it's entirely satisfactory.
Old 7/23/10, 08:11 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Who's the chick in your avatar?
She was a girl from a few years back that helped us with PRI and other SE shows. Ashley was her name, a real nice girl. Last I heard working on the other side of the state somewhere.

I have a very nice shoot from PRI 2006, back when we were just really starting out

Here's a couple old favorites, just for fun...

Randy, thanks - will be adding that one to our list !!

Funny story from Mustang Week - well... much better in the 05-09 interior thread, so I'll go post it over there...
Old 7/24/10, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

The sun finally came out so here are a few pictures of my 2011 with the SHR louvers. In case you hadn't read my previous posts in this thread, I ordered these pre-painted and the paint matches beautifully.
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers-wildfire11.jpg   SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers-wildfire15.jpg   SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers-wildfire16.jpg  
Old 7/24/10, 10:30 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Kona was my first choice when I saw it, but I had to go with white this go-round for our layout... looks awesome Randy! Jay from JLT got the same deal, 5.0 in Kona with the louvers, he had it at Mustang Week this weekend, so I got to see one up close, yes I like it!!

** On edit - looks like you got the paint going on the bottom as well - or did it come that way? Our 2010 was all Aztek-looking from the factory, I had to pull it all off and paint it to get it looking respectable.

Last edited by SilverHorse-----Racing; 7/24/10 at 10:32 PM.
Old 7/25/10, 08:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Kona was my first choice when I saw it, but I had to go with white this go-round for our layout... looks awesome Randy! Jay from JLT got the same deal, 5.0 in Kona with the louvers, he had it at Mustang Week this weekend, so I got to see one up close, yes I like it!!

** On edit - looks like you got the paint going on the bottom as well - or did it come that way? Our 2010 was all Aztek-looking from the factory, I had to pull it all off and paint it to get it looking respectable.
Right you are. Besides the louvers, I bought the California Special chin spoiler from Ford. I had that painted body color except for the "pockets" were fog lights could go. I also had them paint the grill surround, rocker panel moldings and the rear lower valence in Kona Blue. Now I just have to wait for my custom shift **** from Grabber Pony and I'm all done with mods, at least until the car is paid off in three years.
Old 7/25/10, 08:33 PM
Legacy Tms Member

That CS lower is growing on me... haven't made a final decision for how ours is going to look by the time SEMA rolls around, but everyone at Mustang Week seemed to like the latest approach we're taking with it.

Check it out

Old 7/26/10, 11:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Lookin good! I like the rear valance treatment. What wheels are those? And may I suggest painting the grille surround flat black to match the rear decklid panel and tailight bezels?
Old 7/26/10, 12:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Vossen 19" wheels.

More black will come as we get our own taillight bezels, the final honeycomb, and get everythign just the way we want it back there, but I'm on the same page as you for it.
Old 7/26/10, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

I wondering if your honeycomb decklid panel would look good with the MCA/GT-CS billet grill which is the way I ordered my car.
Old 7/26/10, 04:33 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Well I'm biased and would say yes, but it is a personal choice you'd have to make. Even without it matching 100% to the front grill, it would still be the "throwback" to the 69-73 Mustangs, so there is the heritage factor there to tie it in to the newest car's styling.
Old 8/1/10, 04:54 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I have both the Grill & the rear panel they fit Excellent & look Great !
I can't find a good front grill pic right now ?
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers-naters-025.jpg  

Last edited by GottaHaveIt; 8/1/10 at 04:55 PM.
Old 8/9/10, 07:35 AM
Cobra Member

Mine should be in within the next week or 10 days. I'm very anxious though trying to figure out who I'm going to have install it. I assume glass shop would be significantly faster than a body shop. This is due to my theory that most body shops are run by more creative types rather than the let's get it done in a timely fashion types.

I have a friend who is a body guy, but he moving this week to the SF Bar area and will be unavailable. I guess I'll take it around to a few glass installers and see if I can get someone to bite. If not, I'll see if any body guys can get do a get it in by 8:00AM pick it up by 5:00 pm kind of thing.
Attached Thumbnails SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers-new-grille-2011-stang.jpg  
Old 9/2/10, 02:29 PM
Cobra Member

Silver Horse racing got them to me right away. Beautiful looking piece/pieces. I have had 2 glass shops tell me, "No problem" and set an appointment. Keep in mind this is after I went over showed them the pieces and the instructions.

Both shops chickened out on the day of the install. So still no louvers. In an hour or so I'm heading over to pick up my car from the shop.....still not finished! frick!!!!
Old 9/2/10, 02:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If you pull your interior and have it all set up its allot less daunting.
Old 9/3/10, 04:05 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Come on Eric, we'll help on this end with tech support if you want to do it yourself. The gratification of being able to say you did it will be worth the effort! If I can do it in 100+ degrees in the Florida Summer, you can do it too !

If nothing else, pull the interior panels and do that part, since it is the holdup for your glass guys. They can do the install with the back interior removed, you make a couple easy trims, and put it back in when you get the car back. If you can handle installing speakers, this is within your reach.
Old 9/4/10, 04:13 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I feel you Eric. Inspite of all the encouragement from SHR and others I'm a little bit terrified to take on such a project. And would you believe I fix helicopters for a living.

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers