Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers

Search this Thread

Old 1/13/10, 02:51 PM
I lust for a M24

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
So, for those of you with the louvers, did you install them yourself, or if a shop did them, how much did they charge to install? I'd say I'm pretty savvy with tools, but I don't like chancing any window stuff like this.
I had never done it before and tackled it myself. It's really not hard at all. Just tedious and you have to be careful and pay attention to what you're doing to ensure you don't damage your paint. That said, I've done two sets now and no paint damage on either window, either time.
Old 1/13/10, 03:19 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 05GT-O.C.D.
I had never done it before and tackled it myself. It's really not hard at all. Just tedious and you have to be careful and pay attention to what you're doing to ensure you don't damage your paint. That said, I've done two sets now and no paint damage on either window, either time.
Wanna come up and do mine?
Old 1/13/10, 03:33 PM
I lust for a M24

Come on down and visit the Football Hall of Fame in the spring when it's warm enough and we'll get it done.
Old 1/13/10, 03:50 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Shameless plug - I just like the picture And to top it there's a car in there too! the young lady on the right is the actual person who did final polish and inspection of that exact set.
Attached Images  
Old 1/13/10, 04:04 PM
I lust for a M24

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Shameless plug - I just like the picture And to top it there's a car in there too! the young lady on the right is the actual person who did final polish and inspection of that exact set.
I don't think you're going to upset anyone w/ any shamless plugs when you keep posting pictures of her.
Old 1/13/10, 04:16 PM
GTR Member

She can final polish and inspect my set any day...

Oh wait, I was talkin about the louvers...
Old 2/6/10, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey Marcello,

Is your method the best to do? Yours is removing the glass from the outside, and I have heard about the removing of the interior and then removing the glass.

I would say yours involves less time, but is it better?

I am going to be getting a set soon for my car.

Sean

Thanks everyone for the compliments

As to the OP, the original thread is still here, you just need to use the search button for it - I used the term flush louver and found it (actually glad to see it is still here!) Oh, and we have the install down to about an hour on 05-09 cars, 2010+ still takes around 2.5 hours. WE just shot a video of it, once it is edited and cleaned up, we'll be posting it to our site as well. In the meantime, here's the new directions:

05-09:
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/ins...0-%20short.pdf

2010 version:
http://www.silverhorseracing.com/ins...stallation.pdf

Here's the link to the original 56 page thread! :

https://themustangsource.com/showthr...t=flush+louver

Merry Christmas!
Old 2/6/10, 10:29 AM
Legacy Tms Member

The instructions now posted on our website, showing removal and installation from the exterior are the easiest way to do the job for the 2005-09 cars. The 2010 cars do need the removal because it makes the interior trimming easier, although you could technically attack it from the outside once the glass was clear. The interior removal method was the way I used to do windshields on the race cars, hence why the directions were written that way originally. Since the quarter glass is so small, you can wrap from the outside, and do a much cleaner removal without removing the interior, making for a much faster install. It also is less likely to scratch the pinch-weld, although you do have to be careful when wrapping around the top corner, to avoid the paint on the exterior of the car. We did a video of an install recently, just haven't had time to do post-editing and post it to the Internet

Last edited by SilverHorse-----Racing; 2/6/10 at 10:30 AM.
Old 2/6/10, 10:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
That video would probably help me out a lot, so that I do not have to pay some glass shop the dough to install them. Can't wait to see it.

The instructions now posted on our website, showing removal and installation from the exterior are the easiest way to do the job for the 2005-09 cars. The 2010 cars do need the removal because it makes the interior trimming easier, although you could technically attack it from the outside once the glass was clear. The interior removal method was the way I used to do windshields on the race cars, hence why the directions were written that way originally. Since the quarter glass is so small, you can wrap from the outside, and do a much cleaner removal without removing the interior, making for a much faster install. It also is less likely to scratch the pinch-weld, although you do have to be careful when wrapping around the top corner, to avoid the paint on the exterior of the car. We did a video of an install recently, just haven't had time to do post-editing and post it to the Internet
Old 2/17/10, 11:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have any good pics of the SHR Louvers from INSIDE the car? I'm talking about the fit and finish inside, not so much the view from the drivers seat... I know that's good.
Old 2/17/10, 12:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

This link will be going dead soon as it is being moved, but currently here's a bunch of customer photos, some from the inside:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/shr...ter_louver.htm
Old 2/22/10, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks! Look good from the inside.
Old 2/23/10, 07:01 AM
Cobra Member

Yeah, they have a good appearance all around and you can even see your blind spot when driving. Not sure you can do that with any other louvers.
Old 4/11/10, 01:26 AM
GTR Member

Anyone got pics of these on a Kona Blue 2010?
Old 4/11/10, 09:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Awesome Ford ought to get in Bed with SHR on those !
Old 4/11/10, 03:28 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Anyone got pics of these on a Kona Blue 2010?
Not yet, but there are 2 sets that have just shipped to separate customers in L6 so maybe we'll start seeing some soon. I did a rendering in Kona for a project with the louvers in them, but did a custom 2-tone deal on them, so they aren't representative of what they would look like for most customers.
Old 4/11/10, 03:28 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
Awesome Ford ought to get in Bed with SHR on those !
I have no official comment on this either way as to who's doing what with who for 2011+
Old 4/11/10, 03:38 PM
GTR Member

Not yet, but there are 2 sets that have just shipped to separate customers in L6 so maybe we'll start seeing some soon. I did a rendering in Kona for a project with the louvers in them, but did a custom 2-tone deal on them, so they aren't representative of what they would look like for most customers.
Cool, looking forward to seeing them. If not, I'm sure I'll get a set and throw them on regardless. All the other pics I've seen have been enough for me to want them.

I have no official comment on this either way as to who's doing what with who for 2011+
Hmm....this sounds promising. These would look great on a 2012 Boss!
Old 4/11/10, 04:17 PM
Cobra Member

I've never seen any pictures of them in Kona Blue. I will see them in person, though, as I just ordered a pre-painted set on March 6th. Up until yesterday I had never seen them in person in any color. Then I came out to a parking lot and parked right next to my car was a 2005-09 Mustang GT with a custom hood, painted stripes and flames, and SHR FMQW louvers. They looked very nice.
Old 4/14/10, 05:35 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Randy, they are already on the way - should be there almost *now*

We had two sets that were accidentally ordered and shipped to CJ Pony Parts a couple months ago, so they are drop-shipping from them rather than coming from here directly. Just FYI for you on them since I saw the order come through and we knew there were some there in stock. Quicker than setting up another set from scratch.

Quick Reply: SilverHorse Racing flush-mount quarter window louvers