Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Post your Louvers & Side Scoop , pictures & discussion in here, Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 4/26/13, 09:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
That was simple yet effective!... You really have to pull on those things! Makes a guy nervous. Definitely not something to do more than required. He said put your fingers in the slot!... Ha Ha!
Old 4/29/13, 05:42 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The SHR louvers are the best by far. Only one complaint I've had with mine. At the Oklahoma City Grand National Show in Sept '13 I had one of the louvers "pop out." Rules say the windows must be in the up/closed position during judging, but the temperature that day was 105 in the shade and inside my 5.0 it was probably 120+..hence the ONLY problem with the SHR louvers. They are the ONLY louvers that allow ANY vision to the rear. That alone makes them the top choice and they also look the best.
Old 4/29/13, 05:47 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
The SHR louvers are the best by far. Only one complaint I've had with mine. At the Oklahoma City Grand National Show in Sept '13 I had one of the louvers "pop out." Rules say the windows must be in the up/closed position during judging, but the temperature that day was 105 in the shade and inside my 5.0 it was probably 120+..hence the ONLY problem with the SHR louvers. They are the ONLY louvers that allow ANY vision to the rear. That alone makes them the top choice and they also look the best.
Post pics! Don't just tease about them
Old 4/29/13, 12:07 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Music man in Pcola
If you look at your driver or passenger side window there are mirrors that let you see the rear and blind spots as well. If you're old-school and like to turn around to see out the back or you have some no mirror modification then yes definitely you need SHR louver.
Old 5/13/13, 06:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2013Grabber
Here's mine. Ford OEM louvers and side scoops. Yes the louvers use velcro so you can take them off and clean the window.
how much cost the oem set?
Old 10/27/13, 07:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Here's mine.
Roush did a great work with the louvers!
NICE!
Old 10/28/13, 02:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Here's what I have on my car.
Attached Thumbnails Post your Louvers & Side Scoop , pictures & discussion in here, Official Thread-image-4086525755.jpg  
Old 10/28/13, 05:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 14rs3roush
LOVE YOUR COMBINATION REAR AND SIDE LOUVERS!! EPIC!!!
can i ask, where do you get the rear louvers?
Old 10/28/13, 08:31 AM
GT Member

I have the Roush and had the shadowing custom air brushed. (Crappy cell pics...sorry)
Name:  DE22E858-025A-4654-B01C-2E3F94071B98-3639-0000042E0BAD7A97_zpsfcc804be.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  291.0 KB
Name:  A6A7FA7A-EAB0-4DEE-8376-BDA2D09A282D-3639-0000042E01913805_zpsc3d9b960.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  293.9 KB
Name:  BC45339F-A016-4358-90C1-376D4166FAD9-3639-0000042DF5C5AF35_zps4aafefa4.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  253.6 KB
Old 11/9/13, 01:18 PM
Bullitt Member

I wish I opted for white the instead of black!
Old 11/9/13, 03:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 14rs3roush
I REALLY like the look of rear louvers more every time I see them. I may need to get some
Old 11/9/13, 04:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 550 Likes on 356 Posts
Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
I REALLY like the look of rear louvers more every time I see them. I may need to get some
And with your color you could do Black real easy
Old 11/11/13, 10:02 AM
GT Member

Here is mine with SHR louvers. I like them because they remind me of the classic stangs.

Name:  1c87b166-9bf8-4881-aba1-27eeebc4575a.jpg
Views: 310
Size:  380.5 KB
Old 11/11/13, 02:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by linelock
Here is mine with SHR louvers. I like them because they remind me of the classic stangs.
I have those louvers too--they're great, aren't they? The second-best thing about them (other than the looks) is that you can actually see out of them.

Did you install them yourself? I did mine myself, and man, what a ***** that job was. Knowing then what I know now, I would have rented an electric caulk gun, and saved myself from having to fix several leaks.

Nice-looking ride you've got there!
Old 11/11/13, 05:37 PM
GT Member

Yeah, I installed them myself aswell. No leaks, but it was pretty nerve racking cutting the windows out of a new car! Glad I did though. And yes the visibility is surprisingly good. Thanks for the compliment :-)
Old 11/12/13, 03:46 AM
GT Member

Yeah, I installed them myself aswell. No leaks, but it was pretty nerve racking cutting the windows out of a new car! Glad I did though. And yes the visibility is surprisingly good. Thanks for the compliment :-)
I concur about the cutting part. I was convinced that I was going to peel off the masking tape and find that I had scratched the factory paint in several places with the cutting wire, given how hard I had to saw that wire through the seal. But 2 layers of tape turned out to be more than sufficient to avoid that.

I wouldn't have even known that I had leaks if I hadn't taken the car through a high-pressure touchless car wash, and saw drips of water down the interior trim panels afterwards. They didn't leak when I had sprayed a hose over them. I tried popping out the louvers after that to do a better job with the sealant, but man, is that stuff strong--they wouldn't budge, with all my strength trying to push them out from inside. I stopped pushing when I started getting nervous about cracking the louvers.

Cutting the louvers out using the wire to re-seal them was not an option--it would have ruined the plastic louvers for sure. So I just sealed the leaks from inside with a lot of silicone. The leaks are all gone, but I'm a bit worried that water might be collecting around the outside of the seal and sitting there.

Lesson learned, not to make my first-ever attempt to do a window seal, using a cheap manual caulk gun. That stuff is sure viscous and hard to dispense--at least the tube that I got.
Old 11/12/13, 12:58 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by XEDES
I have the Roush and had the shadowing custom air brushed. (Crappy cell pics...sorry)
]
thats a nice one.. i liked the custom shadow look.
Old 11/19/13, 01:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I like the look of louvers but were hesitant about getting them because I want to be able to see out of the window. Glad I checked out this thread. Those SHR look very nice. They are like being able to have your cake and eat it tool. lol. I did not know about these until now. There is still good visibility with them? I have the ingot silver and want a little pop of black. Think these would look good painted black along with the hood vents painted black.
Old 11/19/13, 02:16 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Mama
I like the look of louvers but were hesitant about getting them because I want to be able to see out of the window. Glad I checked out this thread. Those SHR look very nice. They are like being able to have your cake and eat it tool. lol. I did not know about these until now. There is still good visibility with them? I have the ingot silver and want a little pop of black. Think these would look good painted black along with the hood vents painted black.
Yeah that's what I did with my Sterling gray Mustang--painted the SHR louvers black (see my profile pics). Actually I ordered them pre-painted directly from SHR.

I considered painting my hood vents black too, but ended up buying carbon fiber vents instead. The carbon fiber looks very cool, but it's a subtle color difference compared with the gray body--in photos of my car, they just look gray, but up close when you can see the detail, it's more striking. I'm not sure how the contrast would be against Ingot Silver. If you want high contrast, you'd probably want to go with paint--or try Plasti-Dipping them first to see if you like it. They pop out of the hood fairly easily--you just have to remove the plastic clips holding the fabric on the underside of your hood, and then remove a couple of screws.

As for the SHR louvers--you can definitely see out of them enough to see if there is a car or other obstruction in your blind spot (far more so than with any other brand of louvers on the market, I'm pretty sure), but do keep in mind that the transparent parts of the louvers are just plastic (polycarbonate, if I'm not mistaken), so they're not clear like glass would be. The view through them is very wavy and distorted--but it's good enough for eliminating the blind spot. Definitely go for it if you're considering them, but make sure you do the installation right or you'll have leaks!
Old 11/19/13, 03:05 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Lothar
Yeah that's what I did with my Sterling gray Mustang--painted the SHR louvers black (see my profile pics). Actually I ordered them pre-painted directly from SHR.

I considered painting my hood vents black too, but ended up buying carbon fiber vents instead. The carbon fiber looks very cool, but it's a subtle color difference compared with the gray body--in photos of my car, they just look gray, but up close when you can see the detail, it's more striking. I'm not sure how the contrast would be against Ingot Silver. If you want high contrast, you'd probably want to go with paint--or try Plasti-Dipping them first to see if you like it. They pop out of the hood fairly easily--you just have to remove the plastic clips holding the fabric on the underside of your hood, and then remove a couple of screws.

As for the SHR louvers--you can definitely see out of them enough to see if there is a car or other obstruction in your blind spot (far more so than with any other brand of louvers on the market, I'm pretty sure), but do keep in mind that the transparent parts of the louvers are just plastic (polycarbonate, if I'm not mistaken), so they're not clear like glass would be. The view through them is very wavy and distorted--but it's good enough for eliminating the blind spot. Definitely go for it if you're considering them, but make sure you do the installation right or you'll have leaks!
Your Stang looks very nice. I like the contrast of the louvers. I have seen photos of a silver mustang with the black hood vents and black louvers, but not together. I think it looks good. I would rather go with paint.

I just saw a video of the install. That is a lot of work. Too much for me. I would have to take it somewhere to be done. That will probably be expensive. Not sure it if would be worth it. Also with it not being glass, hmm, I don't know.

Quick Reply: Post your Louvers & Side Scoop , pictures & discussion in here, Official Thread