Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Painted calipers gone wrong

Search this Thread

Old 1/24/14, 11:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Painted calipers gone wrong

I painted my calipers GHIG. They look really good when they're clean. I had a shop do them and they did an awful job, so I had to redo them myself. The shop gave my car back with gashes of paint missing from the caliper. They even took pictures and boasted about how good they looked, even though there was a huge gash of missing paint. I didn't notice until I got home so I gave the shop a call and they didn't call me back. I called pretty upset the next day and asked for the shop owner to call me back. Well he never did so I called every hour or so and finally decided to just drive back up. And what do you know, the shop owner was there the whole time just ignoring my calls. He turned around and saw my face and almost had a heart attack. He told me to leave or he was going to call the cops and he refused to look at the calipers. He also told me I was racist ( this guy is Hispanic) and I asked him why he thought that and he said " I just know". This was a import euro shop so I'm sure he thought that because I drive a mustang. My wife is Hispanic so I was pretty heated at this point. His assistant eventually tried calm me down and he tried to touch up the caliper but I ended up fixing them myself and I did a charge back with my credit card company for the amount I paid. Upon further review, this shop had a F rating on BBB for similar issues. Morale of the story...research before you let anyone touch your car...or DIY
Attached Thumbnails Painted calipers gone wrong-image-3568699280.jpg  
Old 1/24/14, 11:13 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The caliper looks awesome bro. Love the color.
Old 1/24/14, 11:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
The caliper looks awesome bro. Love the color.
Thanks!
Old 1/25/14, 01:12 AM
GT Member

Looks nice, and I know what you mean, you get tired of paying people to do stuff for you and all they do is screw up. Seems like some places don't take any pride in there work anymore.
Old 1/25/14, 03:09 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Ahhhh, the race card. Shuts up everyone nowadays. Although its about worn out at this point. Next is the accusation of "bullying" its the new racism card. Beware of it, they're using it now because the the racism card is just about played out. Accuse someone of "bullying" and you might as well have accused them of using the N-word, hell, its actually worse nowadays.

The next one is the "sexist" card, where you're not allowed to point out any lie, deception, or blatant bull**** uttered by a woman. Don't forget that the "homophobe" card is in the mix as well, and the xenophobe card if you're dealing with a hispanic or any other person from another country's origin.

You basically better shut the eff up about anything and take whatever happens to you if you're a white male these days.
Old 1/25/14, 10:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Ahhhh, the race card. Shuts up everyone nowadays. Although its about worn out at this point. Next is the accusation of "bullying" its the new racism card. Beware of it, they're using it now because the the racism card is just about played out. Accuse someone of "bullying" and you might as well have accused them of using the N-word, hell, its actually worse nowadays.

The next one is the "sexist" card, where you're not allowed to point out any lie, deception, or blatant bull**** uttered by a woman. Don't forget that the "homophobe" card is in the mix as well, and the xenophobe card if you're dealing with a hispanic or any other person from another country's origin.

You basically better shut the eff up about anything and take whatever happens to you if you're a white male these days.
^^haha
Old 1/26/14, 04:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Painted these too
Attached Thumbnails Painted calipers gone wrong-image-632325028.jpg  
Old 1/27/14, 07:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Well the calipers look nice now... at least you have that going for you haha. People can really be a pain sometimes and when it somes to money, you have to be on top of them. Dare I ask how much they charged you to do those? I can imagine your frustration and at least you didn't hit the guy. I'm sure I would have been close from the way it sounds...
Old 1/27/14, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
like the theme you are going with.