Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Looking for close to OEM window louvers & side scoops

Search this Thread

Old 6/14/14, 07:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for close to OEM window louvers & side scoops

Good evening everyone,

When I got my vehicle I wasn't able to acquire one with the side scoops and window louvers. Where can I find the ones that are the closest to OEM without buying them from Ford?

Has anyone checked out these from AM? http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...oops-1011.html

What about window louvers?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/mmd-cl...3-painted.html

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

D
Old 6/15/14, 05:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

The MMD Classic window louvres at AM are close to OEM but a little more compact, I actually like the style better. They come pre-painted, the quality is nice, and instead of standard double sided tape, they've got a 3M hook/loop (like velcro) type mounting so they're easily pulled off to wash the car/clean the glass. You can check out their side scoops too, but to my eyes they look a little off, and I sprung for OEM. Sorry I don't have any photos of my own but haven't installed them yet.
Old 6/15/14, 08:11 PM

Where did you get your scoops from?
Old 6/15/14, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by DyNaMiC
Where did you get your scoops from?
I bought them from my dealer. The company I work for has a bodyshop so I got them painted there.
Old 6/16/14, 08:06 AM
Former Vendor

Good evening everyone,

When I got my vehicle I wasn't able to acquire one with the side scoops and window louvers. Where can I find the ones that are the closest to OEM without buying them from Ford?

Has anyone checked out these from AM? http://www.americanmuscle.com/mustan...oops-1011.html

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

D
Originally Posted by lakeguy77
The MMD Classic window louvres at AM are close to OEM but a little more compact, I actually like the style better. They come pre-painted, the quality is nice, and instead of standard double sided tape, they've got a 3M hook/loop (like velcro) type mounting so they're easily pulled off to wash the car/clean the glass. You can check out their side scoops too, but to my eyes they look a little off, and I sprung for OEM. Sorry I don't have any photos of my own but haven't installed them yet.
^ Lakeguy gave a pretty solid review on the MMD Louvers! They're very similar to stock but are a little bit more aggressive. They're very popular and most people do like this option better than stock. We can pre-paint them in your Mustang's color and ship them to your door. We use OE Ford colors so that we always get a perfect match!

I hope this helps. I look forward to checking out some other customer reviews in this thread. I think you'll really love them, though.

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance! I'd be glad to help.

-Dan
Old 6/16/14, 12:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
There is a Ford dealer in Ohio that sells parts Ebay. It's OEM Ford parts, and I got a CS spoiler from them and saved quite a bit over buying it from my local dealer. They have the OEM side scoops, but I haven't compared the retail price yet.
I like the looks of the MMD side scoops, but they're open in the front and I was worried about cleaning under them. I decided to go with OEM scoops, but after putting the CS spoiler on I think I'm going to hold off on the scoops.
Old 6/16/14, 12:34 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good evening everyone,

What are your thoughts?

Thanks!

D
If for some reason you don't want to order from Ford you can still get the OEM parts from after market sites, just do a search for OEM quarter window louvers or similar searches. I found several places selling the OEM parts, some offered painting and some did not. When I was at the local ford dealers body shop with my wife's car I asked about the window louvers for my Mustang and they suggested that I order them from Ford.com myself to avoid the dealer mark up and the paint guy offered to paint them for $100 bucks.

With all of that said I ended up ordering mine from Bangastang.com. I would NOT, I repeat would NOT suggest ordering anything from them. It took me months to get them. I heard more excuses and they told me "next week" at least 5 times after I waited for three months. Do not order from them!

I am very happy with the OEM part. I prefer the Ford OEM part over other after market versions because of the way it fits into the recessed window cavity vs. outside and over the recessed window area. Just personal opinion there but I think it looks better.

So there's my two cents. Hope it helps!
Attached Thumbnails Looking for close to OEM window louvers & side scoops-dsc00396.jpg   Looking for close to OEM window louvers & side scoops-dsc00398.jpg   Looking for close to OEM window louvers & side scoops-dsc00390.jpg  

Last edited by gjcavana; 6/16/14 at 01:07 PM.