Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

GT/CS Front valance fog light wiring question

Old 4/5/11, 12:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GT/CS Front valance fog light wiring question

I have found plenty of help on how to install the GT/CS Valance itself, but I had a wiring question that is a bit harder to research.

I want to install the GT/CS front valance with fogs, put those on the existing fog switch and wire the GT fogs up to a new switch. Switching the GT/CS fogs seems easy enough, but adding new wiring and a switch will take some thought.

Where can I put a new switch? I have seen someone put one in the steering wheel column, where it is unseen. I would imagine that it would be possible to put it in an unused switch like the seat heater switch (live in AZ and did not order heated seats). Any other ideas?

I would thing that wiring them into the fuse box would be ideal. any ideas or part numbers I would need to wire the GT fogs to a new fuse?

Is there anything else I am missing? I might want to eventually use the GT fogs with an HID kit as a supplement to my brights while the GT/cs fogs act as the standard fogs. Any other ideas on how to do this are welcome.
Old 4/5/11, 07:34 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need a relay circuit wired to the battery. I would not wire directly to the fuse box and risk melting things.

Wire the switch to the fuse box, since it is light load 12v, and then the relay directly to the battery. Then the fogs to the relay. You can find premade harnesses online. Search for "headlight harness" on google and eBay. Then just use a switch somewhere hidden.

For the gt/cs fogs, they make extensions for the stock harnesses so that all you have to do is plug it in.
Old 4/9/11, 01:35 AM
Bullitt Member

I ran across this kit on ebay and thought that this might be an interesting idea. I would prefer a hard wired switch, but this would be easy, and I would not have to think of where I am going to put an extra fog light switch. Any thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/REMOT...Q5fAccessories

Or these might be good instead:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WIRIN...ltDomainQ5f100

I am not sure. I would like OEM ford parts when possible, but am unsure of what part numbers to use. Any thoughts?

I want to put on an HID fog kit like this:

http://www.stangmods.com/2010-Mustan...it-p/00032.htm

I would like to not have to splice into Mustang wiring and be able to return it to stock if possible. With an HID kit, maybe I could just splice into that if I needed to.

Last edited by Itravelalot; 4/9/11 at 01:56 AM.
Old 7/18/18, 05:45 AM

2010 mustang gt i cannot find a part # for the part that's located under the front lower valance it's painted silver looks like a stone guard held on with 4 screws thanks