Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Boss Splitter Install Tips. (CS fascia already installed)

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/12, 10:49 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boss Splitter Install Tips. (CS fascia already installed)

Hey guys, I just picked up a boss splitter and Roush side splitters. Been looking online and seeing the boss splitter is pretty tricky and tw directions do suck big time.

I have a CS, so unfortunately for me in this case the bumper is already on. Has anyone installed just the splitter while everything stays on the car? Is there any write ups this way?

Or should I take off the fascia and do it that way, which I'd rather not. Anyone?! Thanks!
Old 6/18/12, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just run your car onto a car ramp and drill the holes, not too hard.
Old 6/19/12, 10:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

The toughest part is just getting it lined up. I had my car in ramps and used some spring clamps to hold the splitter in place. Once it was lined up and secure I just piloted a couple of holes to attach the bolts in a few spots. After that it's just a matter of marking the holes and drilling. I initially tried the masking tape route to hold it but it didn't work well. I attached the clamps the the bumper on the recess just outside of the fogs. I did use some tape as well but I wouldn't recommend that being your only means of holding it up there. Just be sure to check the alignment in three places.. On either side right in front of the tire, and at dead center to verify that the splitter is aligned left to right correctly. If you line up those three points it's an easy install.
Old 6/19/12, 06:49 PM
Cobra R Member

So Once it's lined up and u get some screws in, you can just drill all the holes basically?

Did you use the bit sizes they recommended?!
Old 6/19/12, 08:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
So Once it's lined up and u get some screws in, you can just drill all the holes basically?

Did you use the bit sizes they recommended?!
Yes and yes. I used a small pilot bit with just a few of the bolts in so I could center the drilled holes correctly. It's really not hard just be patient.
Old 6/20/12, 11:00 AM
Cobra R Member

Thanks. I gotta find some of the spring clamps and I'll try to tackle it Saturday or next week.
Old 6/20/12, 08:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks. I gotta find some of the spring clamps and I'll try to tackle it Saturday or next week.
Harbor freight by you?? They will have em for cheap.
Old 6/21/12, 10:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey guys, I just picked up a boss splitter and Roush side splitters. Been looking online and seeing the boss splitter is pretty tricky and tw directions do suck big time.

I have a CS, so unfortunately for me in this case the bumper is already on. Has anyone installed just the splitter while everything stays on the car? Is there any write ups this way?

Or should I take off the fascia and do it that way, which I'd rather not. Anyone?! Thanks!
Taking the front fascia off is pretty easy. I did it to add the gt/cs valance and will do it again to add the boss splitter. LMR has a pretty good write-up if you end up going that route.

http://www.mylrs.com/blogs/lrs/archi...installed.aspx
Old 6/23/12, 10:27 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
The toughest part is just getting it lined up. I had my car in ramps and used some spring clamps to hold the splitter in place. Once it was lined up and secure I just piloted a couple of holes to attach the bolts in a few spots. After that it's just a matter of marking the holes and drilling. I initially tried the masking tape route to hold it but it didn't work well. I attached the clamps the the bumper on the recess just outside of the fogs. I did use some tape as well but I wouldn't recommend that being your only means of holding it up there. Just be sure to check the alignment in three places.. On either side right in front of the tire, and at dead center to verify that the splitter is aligned left to right correctly. If you line up those three points it's an easy install.
This is exactly how I did it too. Helps to have a second set of hand also.
Old 6/23/12, 01:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The instrctions tell you what size drill bit to use. The hole size is specific to the included fasteners.
Old 6/28/12, 05:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Dam, I thought the writeup was what I needed. I already have the CS valence, so I dont want to remove the whole bumper cover. I am still debating to remove the CS fascia portion only or just try it on-car.
Old 6/29/12, 03:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dam, I thought the writeup was what I needed. I already have the CS valence, so I dont want to remove the whole bumper cover. I am still debating to remove the CS fascia portion only or just try it on-car.
It's not so hard that I would ever consider pulling the bumper for.
Old 6/29/12, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by going for broke

It's not so hard that I would ever consider pulling the bumper for.
When you live in an apartment with not a lot of tools after college, it made it easier lol