Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

Boss C-Stripe in black on Kona Blue

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/11, 06:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Boss C-Stripe in black on Kona Blue

Ok this is a horrible job I know. I was playing around with paint because I dont have Photoshop. So I crudely placed a Boss type stripe on my car just to visualize what it might look like. Was thinking of doing the matte black to match the stripes on my hood. Its not perfect but its the best i could do with MS Paint. If any of you have photo shop and would like to do this for me that would be awesome to! Opinions please!
Attached Thumbnails Boss C-Stripe in black on Kona Blue-boss-stripe.jpg  
Old 7/29/11, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

37 views and not 1 comment! Come on guys help me out here! I edited the stripes and tried to get them a little closer to the real ones.
Attached Thumbnails Boss C-Stripe in black on Kona Blue-boss-stripe.jpg  
Old 7/29/11, 11:25 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry, all I have is Paint as well. I'm not able go make it bay better. Yo me, 2nd looks better. Good luck.
Old 7/30/11, 05:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thats cool! I dont need it done in photoshop or anything. This gives the general idea of what it would look like. I kinda like it. Obviously I wouldnt put the Boss 302 Logo on it or anything. So it would just be the stripe. Im thinking it looks pretty good. Trying to get some opinions before I pull the trigger. Still kind of on the fence about it! Thanks for the input.
Old 7/30/11, 10:24 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Here is my Kona Blue with the C-stripe changed to black using Photoshop. I changed the hood and roof to black also, that bit looks a little funky.

Here is my first attempt, the outside of the stripes stayed white. I think it looks better this way.

Old 7/30/11, 10:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Here is my Kona Blue with the C-stripe changed to black using Photoshop. I changed the hood and roof to black also, that bit looks a little funky.

Here is my first attempt, the outside of the stripes stayed white. I think it looks better this way.

You know, if you told me that you were going to leave the outside of the stripes white I wouldnt think that would look good. But actually seeing it, looks awesome for some reason! I like it! Thanks for the pictures! I definitely think the Kona Blue Boss should have been offered with the black stripes as an option for sure!
Old 7/30/11, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by RobDis

You know, if you told me that you were going to leave the outside of the stripes white I wouldnt think that would look good. But actually seeing it, looks awesome for some reason! I like it! Thanks for the pictures! I definitely think the Kona Blue Boss should have been offered with the black stripes as an option for sure!
I think the white outline makes the black stand out better. I also like the black on the Kona Blue. Since the C-stripes and hood are both decals, it would be an easy, if not cheap swap. Would then just need to paint the roof to match.
Old 7/30/11, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know everyone loves kona but not a fan of it with black stripes
Old 7/30/11, 08:08 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I found these stripe kits. Graphic Express 1's:
http://www.graphic-express.com/k370.asp

Says custom color, not sure if you could add white edge?

50Resto:
http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...ecal-Kit-Black
Old 7/30/11, 08:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

American Muscle also has the ones that are exactly like the Boss Stripes. But only in White or Black. The more I look the more I'm thinking about leaving the car as is. I still want to do a flat black cowl in the future but I may wait and do that with the hood I eventually get.
Old 7/5/14, 06:10 PM

Hi there! I have a Deep Impact Blue 2013 GT and have been considering stripes. The picture in this thread with black stripes and a white outline = sweet. Has anyone actually done something like this, with decals or painting? I'm curious to see how that style would look across the hood and top of the car.
Old 7/5/14, 07:00 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Originally Posted by RobDis
---
I agree, the white outline is pretty nice.
Old 7/5/14, 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by dontOverSteer
Hi there! I have a Deep Impact Blue 2013 GT and have been considering stripes. The picture in this thread with black stripes and a white outline = sweet. Has anyone actually done something like this, with decals or painting? I'm curious to see how that style would look across the hood and top of the car.
Wow. This thread lay dormant for 3 years and has been reborn. I did those black C stripes with white outline in Photoshop of the stripes on my Boss. I bet you could find a custom vinyl guy that could recreate that. It would look awesome IMO.
Old 7/6/14, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by phiggs54
Wow. This thread lay dormant for 3 years and has been reborn. I did those black C stripes with white outline in Photoshop of the stripes on my Boss. I bet you could find a custom vinyl guy that could recreate that. It would look awesome IMO.

A buddy of mine were discussing whether black or white stripes looked better and that's how we came across this. I knew if was photo editing, but was hoping someone had actually tried it to see how it'd turn out in real life.

I've named it... the Ghost Stripes.