Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

2013 Mustang Grille Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11/4/15, 10:42 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
If I am understanding this correctly you can not install Fog Lights on a Boss 302 Grill. You need a GT Grill?
Jazzman442 ..This is the grille I installed...
If I can not some how install the Halo fog light effect.. then cool.. Just wanted to make sure. I appreciate the information and reply .
The following users liked this post:
rpoppertdomi (9/14/16)
Old 11/5/15, 10:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Dart_1974
Jazzman442 ..This is the grille I installed...
If I can not some how install the Halo fog light effect.. then cool.. Just wanted to make sure. I appreciate the information and reply .
You will be able to install halos on the regular lights but will not be able to install the GT Fog Driving lights. This grill is the Boss 302 with Fog Driving light delete.
rpoppertdomi (9/14/16)
Old 11/6/15, 04:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
You will be able to install halos on the regular lights but will not be able to install the GT Fog Driving lights. This grill is the Boss 302 with Fog Driving light delete.
Thank you ..appreciate the information, Jazzman442
rpoppertdomi (9/14/16)
Old 11/9/15, 10:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here in Canada we were unfortunately stuck with the same grille as the V6's for our 2013 GT's. This is what I did to make mine a bit more unique and sinister looking.
rpoppertdomi (9/14/16)
Old 11/9/15, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Dart_1974
I am new to this mod/upgrades to my Mustang..Please bear with me
Update... I have successfully installed the upper grille and the lower grille..everything fit perfectly and looks awesome IMHO but this http://www.americanmuscle.com/2005gt...og-lights.html and this http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom...ts-1314gt.html did not work the first did not include bulbs the next one did include the bulbs but when trying to install the Halo fogs ( did not realize I needed the hardware to attach the fog lights to.) The fog light circumference was a bit larger than the openings in the grille.The installers at the local Speed Shop tried several ways to get the Fogs to fit but to no avail. I have tried to purchase the correct hardware but in order to get them the entire fog light housing must be purchased (for my yr mustang, close to $500.00 for the set . I am at a complete loss as to how to achieve the Halo look.. I would appreciate any info on how you achieved your Halo look on your vehicle Raynier Leonardo
.. again Thank you for your assistance

For my halo, I got GT grille with out the fog light assembly. (just the grille by itself)

Then i got some halos from ebay and tapped into the side marker lights (since they only light up when you unlock the car or when you turn on the headlights)

I dont know if fog lights will fit a Boss grille so i cant tell you exactly.
Best guess would be to maybe sell the Boss grille and get a GT one or maybe even trade someone from craigslist.
rpoppertdomi (9/14/16)
Old 9/14/16, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 mustang grille upgrade

Hello , you did an amazing job with this mod and I've been planning for an identical setup on my 2014. I've bought the GT grille and fog lights but I'm not sure what hardware I'm going to need for the wiring or even how to do it. If someone could provide links to what harnesses and whatever else I'll need that would be fantastic . Also I'm super new to mods in general so some instructions would probably save me a lot of headache . Please and thank you guys
Old 9/19/16, 05:46 PM
CBJ
V6 Member

What type of wiring or fogs do you already have. For example..I have grill fogs and ground fogs connected to two seperate harness. If you just want one pair of grill fogs..it's not hard, just takes time and patience.

One of the things I'm assuming is you don't have any pre-existing fogs. So you can pick up a cheap harness, or get a sturdy one from Starkey. It comes with the appropriate switch to turn on your fogs. For some reason I couldn't find it on JC Pony's website who usually carries them, but here it is on Ebay.

You'll definitely need wire crimp/splicing tools since you'll be tapping into a small handful of wires in your cabin.

Harness:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-MU...DzwGmA&vxp=mtr

Then you'll need to convert the H11 endpoints to the LED fogs which requires a converter kit:
http://www.cjponyparts.com/starkey-f...3-2014/p/3513/

You can also get a cheap push button harness that will work and require less splice/wiring effort but I advise against those.

Last edited by CBJ; 9/19/16 at 06:24 PM.
Old 3/2/17, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by CBJ
What type of wiring or fogs do you already have. For example..I have grill fogs and ground fogs connected to two seperate harness. If you just want one pair of grill fogs..it's not hard, just takes time and patience.

One of the things I'm assuming is you don't have any pre-existing fogs. So you can pick up a cheap harness, or get a sturdy one from Starkey. It comes with the appropriate switch to turn on your fogs. For some reason I couldn't find it on JC Pony's website who usually carries them, but here it is on Ebay.

You'll definitely need wire crimp/splicing tools since you'll be tapping into a small handful of wires in your cabin.

Harness:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-2014-MU...DzwGmA&vxp=mtr

Then you'll need to convert the H11 endpoints to the LED fogs which requires a converter kit:
http://www.cjponyparts.com/starkey-f...3-2014/p/3513/

You can also get a cheap push button harness that will work and require less splice/wiring effort but I advise against those.
no fog lights, I have the base model v6 . All I have as of rn is the grille and the smoked raxiom halos. Where do I get the hardware